Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Where does this opinion come from?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:54 am
Post subject: Where does this opinion come from?Reply with quote

magpie_1983 wrote:
look i dont think thats a question i would ask here in fear of being banned

Sorry for picking on you magpie_1983, but this is a recurring issue that needs to be cleared up.

Where does the opinion come from that you'll get banned from Nick's if you're too critical or don't toe the 'board line'? It keeps cropping up here and I used to see it said about Nick's time and time again on FTO and EBW, but for the life of me can't understand why. Can someone give me an example of why this is said?

Let's actually look at the facts. Do you know how many of our members have been banned in the history of the Bulletin Board? Two - and they were both moderators. If you count Will's suspension it's 3 and they were all for abusive behaviour, not for having the 'wrong' opinion or asking the 'wrong' question.

True we do frequently boot supporters of other clubs just because we feel like it, but hey, you have to take your bad mood out on someone and they're just lambs to the slaughter.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't know where people get that idea from, Mike.

Nick's isn't about using innapropriate language to describe everything, and in that I consider it more adult than alot of other sites. The fact that ideas can be discussed without becoming overly aggressive (usually) says alot about the users of this board in regards to tolerance and to me sounds alot more like 'adult' behaviour.
Joe 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:38 pm

No one should ba banned for any opinion.
This board is based on giving them.
I dont agree with alot of thigs said,
But I dont want anyone banned unless they are abusive.
Tolerance is good.
Well said Joel.
If we all agreed on everything life would br boring.
It is great having differences.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:46 pm

Who knows Mike m8, I don't use any other boards, I like Nicks B'cos of its openess to all of the Collingwood faith, no matter their race, creed, colour, sex, age, religion, political view. Maybe there's a misunderstanding on the other boards that we are harsh on people B'cos the users of this board can be harsh on each other at times.. I dunno.
All I do know is Nick's must be doing something right, 1400+ users, 100,000+ posts and has been going since 1995(?) and is run by the users for the users, all that and only 2 bans is a bloody remarkable achievment considering the diverse opinions we get on the board.

Quote:
Nicks is seen as a Kids board not a grown ups board on other sites.

I don't know why it would be seen as such and the only thing I could see is that we don't allow gratuitous profanity ( I love that phrase ) wich isn't to hard to get around with the use of more accepable language, its not hard, I for instance swear like a trooper but not on here, or in front of ladies and children, wich you would think that would be more a mature attitude than a childish attitude.

GO NICK'S BB

Joe 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:08 pm

Pull your head in magpie_1983.lol
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:34 pm

lol thanks for the tip joe
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:29 pm
Post subject: Re: Where does this opinion come from?Reply with quote

Mike wrote:

Where does the opinion come from that you'll get banned from Nick's if you're too critical or don't toe the 'board line'? It keeps cropping up here and I used to see it said about Nick's time and time again on FTO and EBW, but for the life of me can't understand why.

I think it's what's called an urban (or cyber?) myth. I dunno why this site cops it, but it does, and there's probably not a lot you can do about peoples perceptions.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:46 pm

magpiemad wrote:
I for instance swear like a trooper but not on here, or in front of ladies

can i ask why you dont think females can handle a bit of swearing?? (its not like we dont swear) or maybe youre actually referring to LADIES only lol not the yobbos like me and my mates haha Wink
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:17 am

Hehe a trooper's mouth would sound clean compared to mine CQ.

Oh and Mike, dont worry about Magpie_1983, he doesnt know hat hes on about and if u can find a post of his that makes sense or isnt crap, ur doing well.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Bones 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:21 am

The moderators are getting out of hand here...

Settle down children....
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:37 am

The only thing which annoys me is when people who dare make any negative points about the club or players get bagged, or they talk about a topic people don't like so others want the thread locked. This is the only thing which interferes with my freedom of speech here.
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:38 am

I cant see why they cant bag a little after all they get paid huge dollars to play these days and when some players aint pulling there weight week in week out supporters wanna know why. Most of us all have jobs and i know if i wasnt pulling my weight or doing my bit at work i would get asked what is wrong. My previous job my boss asked me if i had issues which at that stage i did as work and home wasnt going well so i decided to put everything into work because thats what im paid for. Supporters just wanna know why we are playing so bad and im pretty sure no one means to bag players but why are they getting games week in week out when they are getting like 4 kicks a game. Dont we have anyone in the Williamstown team that can come up and have a go ?. I can handle a losing if we play decent footy but when we played like we did against the Hawks all everyone wants is answers.

http://collingwood.rules.it/

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:14 am

Pies4Premiers wrote:
I cant see why they cant bag a little after all they get paid huge dollars to play these days and when some players aint pulling there weight week in week out supporters wanna know why. Most of us all have jobs and i know if i wasnt pulling my weight or doing my bit at work i would get asked what is wrong. My previous job my boss asked me if i had issues which at that stage i did as work and home wasnt going well so i decided to put everything into work because thats what im paid for.

I can see the point of view on bagging and I don't have a problem with it but ask yourself when you weren't pulling your weight at work did your boss ask you behind closed doors or did he ask at a board meeting in front of every employee, director and shareholder (if applicable). MM will not wash out the dirty laundry through the media. I'm sure those who aren't performing are getting the questions asked of them behind closed doors. It's a common courtesy that stems from professionalism. We all have the right to be questioned behind closed doors and not brought up publicly.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:50 am

lmao CQ, yeah I mean ladies. I have worked most of my life in pubs and know females can swear quite well and good luck to em. Smile

Nicholas and p4p No one is stopping you bagging players, but you can't truely expect every one to have your point of view can you? and I know that I will stick up for Collingwood no matter where and no matter who, I'll allways stand up for them. your opinions on here are just that, opinion, I have a different opinion, yet I should just accept yours as right? and my own as wrong, just on your say so? doubt it, its not going to happen. people that know me personaly know I'll allways stand up for what I believe in. but all this is covererd in sooooooooooooooooooo many other post on here and this does nothing to answer the question that Mike has asked.

Ruddeger Virgo

The world's best sister act

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:15 pm

The overall tameness is probably what alienates people. Need to have a bit of passion and ferocity, its good in small doses. The most offensive posts on the board here are those with a dearth of spelling and punctuation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: