Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

very poor

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budgie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It all comes down to the culture of the club. In not bagging the club when they deserve it (and this is a time that they do deserve it) you are saying to the club it is ok to play bad football and lose.

A lot of what you are calling bagging the could be seen as constructive criticism. The only way people learn is to know what they do wrong. As supporters we have the right and the obligation to pick up on these wrongs.
hotpies 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:28 pm

consistency is the main ingredient the pies are missing with their gameplay. They must pay attention each second of the game, and not let the easy ball out. This hot & cold game play is just not good enough at Senoir standard. The only way we will reach September, is to put a few wins on the board, we must go into each game thinking this is a must win for our season, all a team needs is pump up material so the players have something to play for, look at West Coast over the Lions, Lions totally over confident, Worsfold said lets get a win before the break, no-one thinks we can win, show them we can, and they did, no-body has played that good against the Lions in a long long time, i think Carlton was the last to do so. Don't worry fellow pies! we will be back!
geordie_matt 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:28 pm

magpie_1983 wrote:
but no reason to have a go at them,plz lay off them
if there are certain players who we know can play better that have been quiet all year why should we just shut up and accept mediocrity because i don't think we should because we are the biggest football club in australia with the most passionate supporters and if some players are not putting in 100% (like the players i named earlier) for the name collingwood then that is not good enough

PS magpie_1983 if i was having a go at the players you would of known about it but all i was saying is that it was a poor performance by the team with the same players not standing up so please stop been a sook because i might say something negative about the players
hotpies 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:40 pm

gezz if you think supporters on here bag the players, you should of planeted a bug in the huddle when Ron Barasi was coaching North, that's how he got them to play well, the players got scared of having to fess up to Barasi at quater time brake. When players are on Thousands of Dollars to play a good game, they should a thick skin and be prepared to be booed off if they lose, they have to realise it's more than a game, it's a business.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:59 pm

Crikeys Elvira, I think that's the first negative post of yours I've ever read.

And hotpies, wrong it isn't a business it's a "way of life". Why boo off a side if they lose? Does that satisfy you're disappintment? It would never do for mine. That is when they need us most, do you think they actually go out to play a poor game? Yes they played poorly, but the team they were against played better and earnt their win. When a player doesn't have a good game, it is usually because he was beaten by a better opponent on the day. I suppose lions supporters should just give up now after the loss they had on the weekend.

This is what being a Collingwood supporter is all about. Why do you think the opposition loves beating us? Take the good with the bad, and stand proud. Our time will come. Stay positive.

hotpies 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:19 pm

The players have to start playing CONSISTENT football, that is the only way they will win the games to get to the finals this yera, they CAN"T be hot and cold no longer, this much change. They need to be shown if they lose by that type of margin,with those skill fatal skill errors, they will not get pats on the back, they will not get cheered off the ground, and the coach won't be happy! We must not go over the top with a win now, we will not make the Finals playing this type of Football, We must stop praising players until praise is due. There are bodies that are just not standing up for our team and i don't think stints in Williamstown brings back their game play, i think senoir game time brings their game back to scratch. Collingwood is one of the most frustrating clubs in the competiton cause you know they can win those games, but they just throw them away, i saw Williams on the bench and i don't know what he was doing, but i reckon Sam will bring it up on the Footy Show that's for sure. Was that Rob Lowe sitting a few sits away from eddie on Sunday?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: