Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

To all you bagging me last week

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

rach said
Quote:
Didak and Davis are fantastic players

incorrect, fantastic players aren't that inconsistant, sure we need positive attitude, but as JLC said, "why accept mediocrity" and he's dead right, and i certainly wont.[/quote]

zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:27 pm

i still rekon they are all great players, expect for 1 player on our list and everone knows who he is benny kinnear
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:45 pm

Paul u cant say how much ur against bagging them say that about Kinnear. Dont be so hypocritical. U never make sense.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:30 am

Regardless of what we all think are facts when it comes to who is decent and who isn't, it's great to read Rachels's post.

The passion is there for all to see.

Good stuff-and you go girl.

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:37 am

JLC wrote:
Why accept mediocrity ??

It's not about accepting mediocrity at all. It's a matter of (a) being able to tell the difference between a good performance and a poor one (a bit more subtle than "good player/bad player") and judging them on their merits. It's also about (b) not dismissing out of hand or otherwise berating players who have yet to reach anywhere near their full potential.

The performances of some players today was by all accounts unacceptably soft. That doesn't mean the players personally are soft. Can you see the difference? For instance, if Lonie is soft, how come he stood up to be one of our best players in last year's GF at the end of his SECOND season, during which he struggled with injury? In other words, to state the bleedin' obvious, a poor game does not make a poor player.

OK, I hear you say, but what about consistency? Sure, consistency is something we don't have this year, and indeed didn't have for much of last year. Consistency is something that Brisbane, Port Adelaide (except in finals) and Adelaide have achieved over a long period. It's something that comes with experience, IF the players are good enough. But we have to give them a chance to mature and prove they're good enough first.

When a player who has 13 games to his credit, gets 27 touches and still gets bagged, that deserves a response. When the person who did the bagging is the first to start crowing after a loss, it's plain wrong. To say so is not an acceptance of mediocrity. It's just about giving the players a fair go.

The Weed

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:42 am

Exactly Special Delivery. Rach has alot of passion and its gr8 to see. U tell them kiddo.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:50 am

Quote:
Why accept mediocrity ??

We didn't get mediocrity from the pies today we got a pathetic weak performance.
Mediocre is being light on them.
angel 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:23 am

I think Lonie should develop into a great player but I am confused about him only playing one ordinary game. He has really struggled this year. I don't see a lot of the aforementioned as necessarily bagging, more being analytical. If the players expect praise, they should also accept that occasionally their performances will be scrutinised and comments construed as negative may be made. If we accept that yesterday was a good performance, we have our heads in the sand. Younger fans tend to give unconditional love which is great to see but I am sure the coach behind closed doors would not approve of the performances of those who Nicholas and others singled outl.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:27 am

Let's throw out the baby with the bathwater. Let's drop all the mediocre performers from yesterday's game. Let's bring in all the Williamstown players who burned on the weekend.....oh hang on they lost too. So let's go to the Willy reserves for players. I'm not sure if they won or lost but hey surely they'd be better than this current squad we have (yes that was sarcasm). Yes, this squad must be crap.

Honestly you have to be kidding. Expectation leads to let down. Most of us expected grand things this year. So far the expectations haven't been met but there is still time. Have faith people. The boys will bounce back. We are too good a team not to......and yes we haven't showed it a few times this season but that's not to say it won't happen.

Be unhappy by all means, but blame your own expectations for your emotions. Without that expectation of another GF (and to win it) we wouldn't be so upset. MM is a master of getting the boys right at the right time of the year.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:33 am

look kinnear is the only 1 i dislike his done nothing cant get a game his only on the list to play for williamstown why bother having him, maybe if they gave him a run yes he might do somthing but his a waste of a spot imo
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:08 am

WTF??? We have a terrible team performance and you pick out Lonie? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Unbeleivable.

Does he need to get more aggression into his game? Yes...and he is doing that!!! To label the guy soft ... he is only 20 FFS Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Some of you people need to understand the difference between criticism and bagging.
Budgie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:23 am
Post subject: To all you bagging me last weekReply with quote

Rach said

Quote:
start acting like real supporters who actually cheer on there players insted of bagging them!!!

A real fan can and should bag the players when they deserve. It is naive people like you who are the reason we have only one one flag in the last 40 years. You believe the players are gods and should not be criticised, but they should be when they deserve it. Until supporters learn this we will go no where.

I however believe people should not be criticising Lonie. You should be criticising MM for killing Loine's game. Lonie plays best when he is able to run out of defence. Instead MM had him playing on the last line of defence all day.

[/quote]
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:23 pm

Budgie your are DEAD WRONG. It is NEVER ok to bag players. Is is perfectly OK to make a constructive criticism but that is a very different thing from bagging someone.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:04 pm

Nicholas - you get a chop in the neck and see how you perform.
TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:21 pm

BUDGIE.....common its not fair to say that its ppl ike RACH that we have 1 flag in 40 years...........excuse me can u please explain wat u mean by that?? People like rach??

People who have the passion?
People who look up to their favourites?
People who have faith in their players even thou they had a bad game?

Please explain so i can to see why its rachs fault we have only 1 flag in 4 decades!

Interesting more Sinkers than Floaters....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: