Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BANG ON THE FENCE AT THE G

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i find this funny the signs would be made out of weathertex a 13mm plywood so dammage would only be done to the persons hand not the sign.Next time you are on the fence have a look at the lettering this is only stick on stuff so you could peel a leter of if you really wanted to.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:43 pm

You got a bang at the footy? That's a bad thing to do....Wink

So....I have a dirty mind....it's not my fault Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:43 pm

Like it or not its another change in the way we have supported our clubs not just cheers quads but every supporter who has sat on the fence ive never been much of a fence banger so it doesnt bother me too much.

But rules are rules and we have to obey, these new fence scrolls have been in use at english soccer for years now so its no suprise they have found there way here.

If people continue to bang the new fencing scrolls they will be evicted its simple as that.

The cheer squad front row will be advised to no longer bang the fence, the protest has been made with little result the MCC are not going to go bring back to tin fences.

If your evicted for banging the new scroll fence and if your a member of the cheer squad you will make us all look pretty silly if anyone wants to continue with protesting do so at another part of the ground please dont use this cheer squad as a part of any protest.
Its simple you will be evicted with little sympathy.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:54 pm

STOKA35 wrote:
i find this funny the signs would be made out of weathertex a 13mm plywood so dammage would only be done to the persons hand not the sign.Next time you are on the fence have a look at the lettering this is only stick on stuff so you could peel a leter of if you really wanted to.

but theyre not made out of wood. theyve got these gay new REVOLVING signs which are goddam annoying bcos they change whenever theres a stop in play, even if its only for a second.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:58 pm

joffa_the_man_in_gold wrote:
Like it or not its another change in the way we have supported our clubs not just cheers quads but every supporter who has sat on the fence ive never been much of a fence banger so it doesnt bother me too much.

But rules are rules and we have to obey, these new fence scrolls have been in use at english soccer for years now so its no suprise they have found there way here.

If people continue to bang the new fencing scrolls they will be evicted its simple as that.

The cheer squad front row will be advised to no longer bang the fence, the protest has been made with little result the MCC are not going to go bring back to tin fences.

If your evicted for banging the new scroll fence and if your a member of the cheer squad you will make us all look pretty silly if anyone wants to continue with protesting do so at another part of the ground please dont use this cheer squad as a part of any protest.
Its simple you will be evicted with little sympathy.

since when have you been a law abiding citizen who follows every rule no matter how ridiculous it is. you used to be all for the peoples game but now that youre 'chant leader' or whatever you suck up to the rule makers.
so what if YOU dont bang on the fence, it doesnt affect you? i dont bang on it either but its a part of football and would be strange for a player to be lining up for goal without any noise going on.

sounds to me like the cheersquad might want to go and barrack for melbourne if thats the attitude it has. lets the afl turn footy into golf without even a protest.

PFFT.

Last edited by CQ on Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:03 pm

I'm disappointed Joffa. I realise you've got a tough gig, and that you're trying to uphold the reputation of the cheer squad and with it the Collingwood Football Club. But some "rules" don't deserve anyone's respect, and blind subservience to authority is not a trait I'd like to associate with the Magpies. A bit of irreverence is, or at least was, a part of what makes us great. Call it the larrikin spirit.

In any event this is not just a Collingwood issue, it's for all football fans. Professionalism is all well and good, but as far as possible we should do our best to remember that this is a game, and the game belongs to the fans, NOT the sponsors. This doesn't mean we have the right to behave like morons, causing damage to property or hurling racial abuse at opposing players. But as long as we aren't hurting anybody else, we should be able to make our own fun.

A meekly worded "protest" to the stuffed shirts at the MCC was never going to have any effect. The only way to demonstrate against this unjust and absurd rule is to render it unenforceable - that is, if enough people bang on the fence, there simple won't be enough security to evict them.

I already miss the floggers and streamers - it's a hell of a lot better than the goons throwing rubbish around. To try to limit fans' ability to make a bit of noise is one step too far. It's a ludicrous imposition and deserves nothing but contempt.

The Weed

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:52 pm

the_weed wrote:
I'm disappointed Joffa. I realise you've got a tough gig, and that you're trying to uphold the reputation of the cheer squad and with it the Collingwood Football Club. But some "rules" don't deserve anyone's respect, and blind subservience to authority is not a trait I'd like to associate with the Magpies. A bit of irreverence is, or at least was, a part of what makes us great. Call it the larrikin spirit.

In any event this is not just a Collingwood issue, it's for all football fans. Professionalism is all well and good, but as far as possible we should do our best to remember that this is a game, and the game belongs to the fans, NOT the sponsors. This doesn't mean we have the right to behave like morons, causing damage to property or hurling racial abuse at opposing players. But as long as we aren't hurting anybody else, we should be able to make our own fun.

A meekly worded "protest" to the stuffed shirts at the MCC was never going to have any effect. The only way to demonstrate against this unjust and absurd rule is to render it unenforceable - that is, if enough people bang on the fence, there simple won't be enough security to evict them.

I already miss the floggers and streamers - it's a hell of a lot better than the goons throwing rubbish around. To try to limit fans' ability to make a bit of noise is one step too far. It's a ludicrous imposition and deserves nothing but contempt.

The Weed

excellent post the weed! i agree 100%!!!!
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:51 pm

Too right CQ i have been a dickhead on many occassions and im pretty much ashamed of the way i used to carry on at the footy

But even dickheads like me grow up eventually.

The fence wont be banged on at cheersquad end i can tell you all now... now the point is the fencing has been changed its no longer a tin fence do we all understand that ?

THe tin has been removed its now an elaborate electronic operated fence which rotates signage covered by perspex thats the only reason why it cant be banged on anymore if it was damaged i would imagine it would be expensive to repair.

Like i said if anyone is annoyed by the new fencing and the banning of the 'fence banging' by all means go to another part of the ground and bang the fence all you like.

The cheer squad is an official representation of the collingwood football club and we will uphold all ground rules.

Joffa Corfe

Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:00 pm

This is not good!! I always sit on the fence so i can bang it! Its my pride and joy! Banging the fence is like having kids for me! hahahaha! Razz I love colonial but we always sit top deck and theres no fence on our side and i get so dissapointed. I sometimes forget and smash my hand on the concrete and i can tell you that hurts alot! lolz Razz
I WANT TO BANG THE FENCE!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad awwwwww! im so sad!!

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:07 pm

And by the way CQ im chant leader as well as a committe person on cheer squad and right now the cheer squad has never been better its never been bigger its never been louder..the cheer squad was a laugh to a lot of people over the last umpteen years i havnt noticed anyone laughing this year infact quite the opposite we will ask the AFL for the cheer squad to become bigger next year to accomodate the hundreds of people who missed out this year, we must set the example to the kids of the cheers quad that rules wether we like them or not, they are there to be adhered to.

Joffa Corfe

The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:08 pm

Speaking of sitting on the fence, I remember at a Hobart/Glenorchy game where kids were sitting on the fence and Brendon Tapp (Hobart) kicked the ball right at them, bloody prick he was. Althought the "Tappy's a Wanker" chants didn't help Razz

maggies_4_eva 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:08 pm

the_weed and culprit, go and follow another football team, you're an embarrassment to others.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:12 pm

Maybe give Joffa a megaphone Very Happy

Joffa can then be the "Mouth of Collingwood" like Jimmy Hart in the wrestling Laughing

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:20 pm

Good post tessa and welcome your not on my ignore list anymore, look banging the fence was fun as was havin a fag and a stubbie while the game was on but things change sometimes we dont like change but what else can we do ? to continue banging the fence will only cause damage to the fence in which i dont think the club would be impressed by and its going to make us all look silly if the fence was to be banged again.

Everyone has the right to be upset or protest but the bottom line is the new ground rule at the MCG is patrons will not be allowed to bang the fence does eveyone comprehend what that means ?

Joffa Corfe

Joe 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:54 pm

Though I never bang on the fence I dont like the new rule,but I would adhere to it if I was a headbanger lol sorry fence banger.It is not worth getting kicked out of the ground for.

If you want to make noise, banging on the fence is ineffective compared to those Crazy John clackers we had over in Adelaide for the Port game.They make so much noise it would be great if our supporters had them.

Maybe these could be made available to supporters for a small fee to cover their cost and make a small donation to the club. These sure as hell beat banging on some fence.

Who wants to miss out on the game by being rebellious,stuff that.Whats worse is that when your outside you wont be able to make any noise and support the boys.

Please note banging on fence may lead to arthritis lol and tha AFL could be sued for it.Thats the only reason it is not allowed,forget about the smoke and mirrors that are being used to convince us otherwise lol.

GO PIES
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: