Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Political Poll: Crean or Beazley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  

If you vote Labor, who would you prefer as leader?
Simon Crean
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Simon Crean
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Kim Beazley
37%
 37%  [ 12 ]
Kim Beazley
37%
 37%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 32

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:32 pm
Post subject: Political Poll: Crean or BeazleyReply with quote

Just interested.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim Beazley, couldn't say why, but I just think that way.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:37 pm

The ALP deserve Simon Crean to be their leader.

Enough said

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:42 pm

SAVE THE FISH! ARREST REX HUNT! Very Happy

Oh yeah, someone save the ALP

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:47 pm

wasn't much of a choice
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:49 pm

just draw a box and tick Eddie McGuire... thats what i do!
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:58 pm

Kim Beazley is a discrace, if he couldnt beat Johnny before when he was known as a down to earth bloke, he has no chance if he can displace crean, because the Australian people who are swinging voters dont like the way he has backstabbed his own so called friends.

It doesnt matter what happens the result at the next election will be the same, and John Howard will become the second longest serving PM

Go John!!!

Joe 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:01 pm

Dont care they are both in it for themselves.
GO PIES
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:32 am

not defending anyone but, mate EVERY politician has backstabbed his way to the top. you name one, and he or she's done it. its part of the game. you forget johnny boy didn't win the first time he was leader.

"John Hewson had come to the leadership of the Liberal Party after it had lost its fourth successive election when Andrew Peacock failed to dislodge a tiring Bob Hawke in March 1990. The Party, by this time desperate and battle-worn from seven years of ideological and personal warfare between conservatives and liberals, Howard and Peacock, wanted a fresh start. They turned to the one person who had impressed many in the 1990 election campaign through his capacity to challenge the Treasurer, Paul Keating, on economics. It is also worth noting that Hewson ascended to the leadership of the Liberals in record time - he was only elected in 1987"

http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/2003/Mar03/Barns.htm

"John Howard - 1985-89
Peacock was ousted from the leadership in 1985, after he resigned the leadership after unsuccessfully trying to remove John Howard as deputy leader. The Liberals were bedevilled by these internal disputes for years to come.

Howard described himself during this period as "the most conservative leader the Liberal Party has ever had", but he fell foul of the ambitions of the National Party Premier of Queensland, Sir John Bjelke-Petersen.

Bjelke-Petersen launched a quixotic campaign called "Joh for PM", splitting the coalition and leading Howard to later say that "in politics disunity is death".

In the midst of the coalition turmoil, Bob Hawke called an early election in July 1987. Despite losing votes overall, the ALP was returned for a third term with an increased majority.

Whilst the coalition disunity was probably the major factor at work in this election, the damage done to Howard by internal ructions undoubtedly contributed to the defeat."

"The return of John Howard in - "Lazarus with a triple by-pass", as he once described the possibility - in January 1995 was an attempt by the Liberal Party to project an image of solidity, experience and unspectacular competence.

This seemed appropriate for the times as the voters tired of the "touch of excitement" Keating had promised them. Howard made few specific election promises and secured a landslide victory in the 1996 election.

Whilst it seems clear in retrospect that the Keating government was heading for defeat from as early as late 1993, Howard's position as leader was crucial for the Opposition to be able to project itself as a party ready to take office."

http://www.australianpolitics.com/elections/behaviour/opposition-leader.shtml
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:48 am

who gives a shit, they are both losers.
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:22 am

Crean si number 1 ticket holder at Nth Melbourne....prety much speaks for itself and Beazley well whaterver is the flavour of the month is, which he would probably devour...there is a difference between beign overweight and a slob and no matter what the spin doctors make beazley wear, he is a slob.....oh and did it make anyone else sick to the stomach that Keating was a pies supporter?
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:53 am

as long as the lib's bring home the bacon on election night, i dont care who it is theyve defeated. that said, more likely to occur Vs simon crean.
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:45 am

Ive always voted labor and to tell you the truth none of them will do any good ....No matter who gets it wont stop because half the party doesnt support the other half....... Isnt there someone else they can throw in....
Northern Pie i actually like keating i loved it when he touched the queen.

http://collingwood.rules.it/

Dr. Rock 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:43 am

Crean will win next week and next election.
Rolling Eyes
Reasons, he has a realistic policy to protect and enhance Medicare,not destroy it. He will protect the right of all to university. Labor now has a realistic policy regarding refugees.
Why do you think Howard has stayed on? Does he trust Costello or does he see the writing on the wall? How is he going to defend the effective dismantling of medicare the lack of action over the environment. Personally i reckon Costello is the best option for the libs.

Since Labors response to the budget opinoin polls have narrowed dramatically, with tone having a Labor win.
Crean may not have the popularity of Howard but did Kennett/ Bracks (mr nobody).
Crean had the balls to call a vote now to shut up the dissenters and to provide a united front against Howard and co.

Initially i thought it was time for Beazlay to have another go but i have read a lot and seen both on tv.Beazley is yesterdays news.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:49 am

Cam,

I appreciate the question, but these political discussions always end up in some nasty bunfight, so I'm going to lock off the this thread on behalf of the Moderators.

Everyone - we don't encourage discussion of political issues on Nick's (unless it pertains directly to Collingwood, of course).

WhyPhilWhy? for the Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: