Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie ---Too much

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What ever Eddie does is fine by me.
His heart is with the club, just like ours.
He just happens to have the contacts to get the financial support behind the club that is needed to run our great club.
Eddie for Governer General I reckon....or bettter yet President of Australia!!!!!

Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:08 am

Eddie is football, without him I think life would be very boring. I liked how Williams said to Ed after the game, thanx for keeping it in the paper all week. Laughing Eddie not only promotes Collingwood, but football as a whole. I know myself last week I thought maybe Eddie shouldn't say so much sometimes, but lets face it, that's Ed. I think sometimes he gets carried away, but it's because he is so passionate. Go Eddie!!
Joe 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:23 am

EDDIE HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR THE GAME IN GENERAL.IF HIS BIGGEST FAULT IS THAT HE WEARS HIS HEART ON HIS SLEEVE THEN SO BE IT.NORMALLY IT IS OTHERS THAT BRING UP COLLINGWOOD. NEVERTHELESS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE PIES SELLS. THATS WHY OUR GAMES ARE ON TV EVERY WEEK CONTRARY TO THE DISMAY OF OTHER SUPPORTERS.THE AFL LOVE EDDIE AS WE DO AS HE KEEPS THE DOLLARS GOING INTO THE TILL.FOOTBALL CANNOT SURVIVE WITHOUT THESE DOLLARS.
GO EDDIE AND GO PIES
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:47 am

Hey Joe. On the left hand side of your keyboard just above the Shift key there's a key marked Caps Lock - how about you do us a favour and give it a bit of a shove.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:09 am

Out of fear of being banned forever from nicks board i will not reply to this topic instead i'll just state some nice facts.

WOODEN SPOONERS

FINANCIALLY RUINED

THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE COMPETITION

NO FUTURE

CRAP PLAYING LIST

DAMIEN DRUM WOULDNT COACH US

...IN COMES EDDIE.........

THE BEST COACH IN THE BUSINESS

FINALS FOOTBALL

GRAND FINAL

OLYMPIC PARK

A FUTURE

TOGETHERNESS

RECORD MEMBERSHIPS

RESPECT

thats it i was about to unleash a verbal spray but i better not.
cheers
joffa Wink

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:48 am

joffa i still dont think we have respect, but all the others are spot on
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:41 am

Joffa, Really well put.

However the reason that many people are getting sick of hearing about the off field crap is because we are not performing well on-field at present. I watched Talking Footy last night and there was not one mention of us and that is because our performance does not warrant it. When they said Sheedy was the guest I thought 'oh no' but I actually enjoyed the discussion because it was a departure from the meaningless crap they constantly go with on the Footy Show.

If we start winning games then there will be something worth while to talk about but in the meantime I am getting really sick of all the drivel. I reckon its time for Eddie to back off for a while otherwise it takes the gloss off the times when there is something worthwhile to say about us.

woe_is_me Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:14 pm

I don't think that anything Eddie says effects how the players play on match day.
I just sometimes think he gets too full-on - don't get me wrong I absolutely think he is a legend, but that doesn't mean he cannot make errors in judgement or cross the line of overkill.
On a side note I do think the footy show has too much Collingwood in it - but to be fair it's not always Eddie who instigates that (ie Sam/Trev).
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:18 pm
Post subject: EddieReply with quote

Cool
I would like to point out that in NO way am I knocking Eddie or Mick. They are the best thing thats happened for Collingwood in a very long time and long may they both reign. I thought it was a bit strange to here the same thing in the space of 3 days and wondered if any one else had heard about it.I don't think Eddie is over the top at all, and up here the footy show is the only way to see anything about Collingwood. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:30 pm

It sounds like we are all in furious agreement then. We all love Eddie, long may he reign but he needs to tone it down and pick his moments better. Having said all that I wouldn't miss the footy show for quids.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:39 pm

The problem for Eddie is non-Collingwood people are really starting to dislike him. This might impact his work with channel 9. eg if people start switching off it will impact the jobs he gets at 9.
You CANNOT question his work as our president though ... he has simply done a magnificent job
pepstar 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:58 pm

I am not talking about the personal person in Eddie(he is a top bloke, i have spoken to him on many occasions and he used to live out my way) and what he has done at our club. But sometimes you need to show some restraint and not talk about everyone elses's problem with our club.

Continue your magnificent job of running our club Ed but learn to shut up sometimes. ie: don't give the opposition any ammunition or take their bait.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:59 pm

Damien wrote:
It sounds like we are all in furious agreement then. We all love Eddie, long may he reign but he needs to tone it down and pick his moments better.

yes true, i agree with that.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:02 pm

I don't think Ed can be questioned. Australians have a history of tall poppy syndrome and Ed is just another candidate. His work cannot be questioned - please refer to Joffa's post above if you disagree then do your best to argue the point.

Ed is starting to be disliked by some - those who are jealous of his success and influence. To ask him to tone it down in my view is to ask him to tone down his love for the pies. It appears to me that he takes the same view as many of us and that is that no matter what the score is we are still better than the rest. As president of the club he's willing to say it in public so bloody good on you Ed. Keep up the good work.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:19 pm

I guess if Eddie didnt raise the jumper issue or promoting the game people would then be on his back for not sticking up for the jumper and promoting the game, i guess its a dam if he does & dam if he doesnt thing.

http://collingwood.rules.it/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: