Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie ---Too much

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pepstar 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:00 pm
Post subject: Eddie ---Too muchReply with quote

I know this will be contaversial but I think Eddie and to some extent Mick should stop talkng in public an trying to promote everything.

I think it is time they pulled their heads in and focus fully on the job at hand.

Mick develop our team.
Eddie make money for collingwood.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed.
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:17 pm

They have to promote to make sure people to get to the games not just collingwood supporters either other supporters too
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:20 pm

they go a bit over the top tho, esp eddie, ppl are getting tired of the same old story, some small thing being blown out of proportion by eddie. its ok if its occasional but its happening far too often.
dont get me wrong i think eddies great for the club but he should pull his head in a bit.
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:24 pm

If its not eddie its someone else anything to do with Collingwood get blown into anything lol.

http://collingwood.rules.it/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:50 pm

what does Eddie promoting Collingwood have anything to do with how the players are performing? the players should be professional enough not to take any notice of the stuff that's going on in the media and stay focussed on the task at hand. and if they do, we have a good football manager in balmey to sort these things out, like when he told woey to butt out of the media regarding his tiff with melb.

I too get tired of some of Eddie's antics but I also acknowledge that in the game these days, such marketing tactics are probably necessary. and name ONE club president who would not use this influence (if they had it) to do everything possible for their club's own self-interests, and if that means being as ubiquitous as possible, that's fine by me. collingwood are laughing all the way to the bank and IMO there is no link between these promotional tactics and the club's performance.

also, you can ignore all these non-football related stuff if you want to. I don't watch the Footy Show, or any of Eddie's media shows, and I try not to read too much into ridiculous headlines in the newspapers and media.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:34 pm
Post subject: Eddie too muchReply with quote

Cool
Interesting thought pepstar. A friend of mine,( Collingwood fan) went to the Gabba on sat night and was talking to a supposedly informed Collingwood man, who told him that all was not well in the player group, due to the ""over the top"" antics of Eddie, and to a lesser degree, MM.
Is there trouble in the camp, and has anyone else heard this rumour?

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:41 pm

i think Eddie might be getting 'baited' on purpose.Everybody knows that he "wears his heart on his sleeve' & it seems that Eddie thinks he must respond to everthing thrown at him or C.F.C. I for one thought that he should have totally ignored Mark Williams & Port Adelaide re: jumper issue & just laughed at them the same way they told Brisbane where to go when Brisbane asked for $100,000 to change its jumper when they play the pies next.We dont need to promote other clubs/games, let their own Presidents to that.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:47 pm

OUR

CLUB

WAS

GOING

DOWN

THE

DRAIN.

Don't forget it.

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
TB Capricorn

When I was growing up everyone wanted to be a ballerina...I wanted to be a vampire!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:55 pm

Oh for gods sake! Leave the bloke alone! He is a master manipulator of the media Very Happy and I for one think he does a fantastic job. Not only he is smart and intelligent, but he is streets ahead of anybody else in this game.
As for Mick, well I for one am GLAD to learn more about this man, the enigma this is Mr. Malthouse! When he was over in the west, he seemed a solid brick wall, angry sort of man...since he's been with the pies, I've really warmed to the man that he is Smile
Let's leave the 'experts' to their jobs hey?
TB

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:11 pm

still needs to pull his haed in a bit.

i cant imagine how annoying opposition supporters find it if collingwood supporters are even getting sick of it.

eddie does good things for the club and knows how to get the KA-CHING happening, but how does makeing a big scene about a game thats not even our home game benefit collingwood? it doesnt really.
Miss Vicki Park Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:08 pm

LEAVE EDDIE ALONE FOR CHRIST SAKE STOP WHINGING ABOUT NOTHING, EDDIE IS SUCH A PROFESSIONAL AND NOT TO MENTION ONE IN A MILLION SO SHUTUP AND STOP PICKING ON HIM ITS LIKE DAMMED IF HE DOES OR DAMN IF HE DOESNT HE IS BRILLIANT AND JUST WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:57 pm

So, you think the Pre-Match stuff had anything to do with Collingwood playing poorly? You've got to be joking.

The stuff in the media, is the promoting for the "Big Fight" I wouldn't be surpised if Eddie and Mark Williams set this whole thing up. Anyways, the results of the game, was that of poor football from the Collingwood Football Club. No use blaming anyone but the players, they are the one's that lost it. NOT, the President, if that is the case, then if Port lost would it be because of Mark Williams mouthing off? No, it would be Collingwood playing to win, as Port did, and they made us look pretty pathetic.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
clokefield_34 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:07 pm

I think that when u start picking up how the coach and president promote things to much, there r some heavy issues but on the onther hand, its something to gossip and digg about. Everyone who has posted against eddie and mick should go over and read what they have said, this is OUR coach and OUR presisent.
Todd

clokefield_34 Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:11 pm

CQ wrote:
still needs to pull his haed in a bit.

i cant imagine how annoying opposition supporters find it if collingwood supporters are even getting sick of it.

How can u imagine eddie being anoying, who cares what others think and stop generalising, if collingwood fans get sick of eddie then they need to keep it real.
Todd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: