Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mark Richardson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:18 am
Post subject: Mark RichardsonReply with quote

i read o the realfooty.com site that mark richardson,for the 2nd week in a row,that he booted 5 goals in a game,do you all think he might be a chance to play against melbourne and possibly hawthorn the week after??

cheers bryan..!!
Licuria biggest fan Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

In today's paper he has been reported for misconduct against Talbot in the third quarter. Hopefully he will get off as he has been playing really well.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:17 am

No offence but if Richo players we are going backwards.

jlc

pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:18 am

i hope he does play,to help stretch melbournes defence if he is given a go down forward and also against the hawks,isnt he on our veterans list??,i have a feeling he might retire at the end of the yr,i hope he doesnt..

cheers bryan..!!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:20 am

Ah. . . . . How much did it cost? feeling he might retire at the end of the yri hope he does not
Molly Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:31 am

yeah i saw him play yesterday - good to see him doing so well, but i really wish it was one of the young kids who was showing his form atm! I'm pretty sure he was reported for headbutting - even if he gets off, i still dont think MM will bring him in somehow.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:38 am

Exactly Molly its the YOUNG players who need to step up and start playing well. Thats where our future is. They are part of the reason we did well last year because young players stepped up and contributed.

Hopefully Scotland will grab his next chance with both arms and therefore commands a spot each week.

jlc

bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:06 am

Molly how was Richo's play - ie marking, groiund play, evasive skills, ability under pressure, tackling? Did he get all his goals just from marks and set shots or groundplay as well? Do you think he is ready for the 1st's?
Granted we want to break in the kids but seems to me we need a bit of experience out there also, esp in the backline. He's not a bad ruck either. Sentiment doesn't come in to it much these days but he does deserve a crack at the finals after all his service if he's good enough, and a bit of sentiment is good for morale anyway.
Molly Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:27 am

bokka, Richo was prob BOG yesterday - took some strong marks and played most of the game at FF. Ended up with 5 goals i think, which makes it about 10 in the last 2 weeks! I think it was the 3rd quarter when he was moved to defence, which was where he got reported.

He showed a bit of class, and kicked some nice set shot goals but was still pretty slow. if he was a young kid you might say give him a go, but who knows what the selection committee will do. Theres a cple of match reports in the training forum if you're interested as well.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:15 pm

OK thanks - richo might even be a marking forward option to release Rocca for other roles when the latter is not getting it on the forward liine like last week - eg Rocca can play back extremely well and has enough pace - and vice versa if richo is getting outpaced on the backline they could swap or something - or do some sort of rotation with Josh through the ruck and forward and/or back - possibilities are endless since both Rocca and Richo have that versatility and probly Josh too - worth a try maybe. keeping the rucks fresh is a compensation for relative weakness as tap ruckmen against the top ruckmen.

the fact they ran him on the back line in the last suggests to me they might be having a look at the firsts next week.
paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 2:28 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Richo in this week for Stunner.Just to give us another option front and back half especially if presti is not back.
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:25 pm

Richardson is too slow. Give Walker or Cameron Cloke a game if you want talls in the team.
Molly Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:33 pm

yeah im all for giving the young kids a go, but cameron didnt have a huge impact on the game yesterday and tex got injured.

I highly doubt richo will be in the firsts and wld be pretty worried if he was all we had to bring in, but you cant pick a young kid who's not playing as well over him.
paulie 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:12 pm

As is pointed out in the above post injuries and lack of form dictate that if we were to bring in another tall who can play both ends that man would have to be either Richo or BK.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:28 am

Kinnear seems to be inbetween willy and Woods at present - stars at willy but not too great in the ones. Might need a bit longer.
the other ingredient apart from form is experience - a lot of times young players show good form until there is a hell of a lot of pressure and then tend to lose the plot - this seems to be where we have been losing games when the opposition applies great pressure and gets a run on.
Richo has the experience to retain composure under pressure - OK you can say the young blokes need the game time to develop that but it helps them to have a proven backline player on the ground for moral support and to show em how it's done.
If presti is fit that is different but it depends if Richo is as good a stopper as presti since he is certainly more versatile at present - though I expect presti will develop more proactively in time. Presti might have more pace however so that would depend on the particular matchup.

Looking to the finals we will need someone to cover Lynch if we get that far, I reckon Richo or Mckee might be the best options due to their strength to handle the man-mountain; as well as their defensive abilities. This is not a trivial issue since it probly lost us the grandie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: