Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I'll Tell You Who The Disgrace Is...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 6:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody I dearly apologise I am sorry for using someones name.

I am only 13 and I am not as smart as some of you and I am only learning things like this but thanks for telling me so now I know not to do it again.

Once again Im sorry.

CARN THE PIES!!!!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 6:42 pm

I'm....still......trying.....not....to....Comment....fight the aruge.....fighting....ahhhh!!!!

I'm sure the guy that did this, is feeling lower then low right, he knew what he did was wrong. At the time he got mad, and couldn't help do it, but again I don't think there was anything other then pushing and shoving, and some heated words. But I wouldn't know I only saw a small bit on T.V (I wasn't paying that much attention to the game anyway I was in the scoreboard chat)

.....still fighting to stop going on with this......

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
McGuane's 77 Bounces 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 6:45 pm

Special Delivery, I know the guy personally and he is one of the most tremendous supporters we have. He never misses a game(missed last years Grand Final because he couldn't get a ticket). Think about that everyone. A guy follows the team around Australia and can't get one ticket to the big one.
He is passionate and I have sat next to him at several games. He has never even looked like getting into something at those games. So I'm sure some opp supporters said something to get him going.

I would like you to make a apology to him for your damming comments. We are a family at Collingwood and we stick side by side.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:41 pm

I was lucky to have quiet people around me....but 3 aisles over where the cheersquad were was a different story. They were copping it all the time....and when its thousands against a few hundred it can be quite scary.
We don't know what happeneed before the incident that was shown on tv, [and i haven't recovered enough to watch the replay yet] but you can bet your life that he was provoked.

couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:44 pm

i was watching the game, and i've seen this guy on the TV heaps of times. At the time i was very pissed off and finding many different ways to express my anger, the way we were playing, and if somebody makes a personal comment, sometimes its hard not to crack, I know it was tyhe wrong thing to do, but i wasnt imbarrased by it and it was only a little scuffle, good to see those wise old men holding everyone back and sorting the thing out, Well Done to those 2 fella's good to see a couple of cool heads in the Cheer Squad.

I know a lot of the guys/girls in the CS and most of them are fantastic, passionate people, but the Stereotype cheer squad member is continuing to grow due to footage like this. You'll hear a lot of the public making sly remarks about our cs and i know there wrong, but with the things they see and hear, are giving them the wrong view of our Cheer Squad.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:50 pm

The remarks have been floating around for decadses, all we (Collingwood Supporters) are, surposedly the one's that start every fight, some day someone will actually get the 2nd side to the story. Some very good posts on this subject. It's a shame, that it happened, maybe it was a personal insult. Which no matter how good a victory is, should be said. Sure, mock the team, but let's leave the personal insults of it everything. It's a very low act to make fun of one single person about things that aren't even football.

As no one know's what was said, I will just say, it was good that it didn't end up in an all in brawl.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
GO RUPERT 10 

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 10:12 pm

the point is in s.a if you act like a dickhead youll be treated like one and if your nice to the fans then theyll be the same
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:18 am

I was taught winners are grinners and losers can please themselves but always absorb the taunts and put it in the memory bank as this game was not a final or season ending game so it could come back to haunt that port supporter and we will have the last laugh.What goes around comes around
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 10:44 am

No Punches thrown, anger was there and the Collingwood supporters next to him cooled him down. Now if that was reveresed the Port supporteres would have joined in.

The passion and anger from the disapointment of a loss was written all over his face and I was the same. And no doubt with some moron egging me on all night I would have done the same. They are finals chokers and if we make it lest play them again in a final and watch them choke. We will have the last laugh.

"He who lives in glass house, should never throw stones"

The team should look at the video and see how us fans are pissed off as they look like they don't give a shit.
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:57 pm

I know him too he is a sensational bloke.

Mate im really sorry for metioning your name I just thought people wanted to know who it was. He is a really nice guy and something very disturbing wouldve been said or done to him and that would why he wouldve got angry. He goes around Australia to see us just like me and missed out on a Grand Final seat just like me as well.

CARN THE PIES!!!!
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:55 am
Post subject: DisgraceReply with quote

Cool \
Watching the game from afar I too saw the incident and to be honest, I felt proud that there are people out there who have the passion to stand up to the wankers who squawk loud when they win and moan like hell when they lose. A bit like kane cornes/Rocca and Whinging choko when we beat the pricks in the final.
I reckon the ppl who knock this bloke are the same ones who would swap Bucks for hird, or label our boys"weak as piss" when we lose, but are back on the wagon after a win.
If he is a member of the cheer squad, which he appears to be, then surely it would be up to the cheer squad exec to deal with it.They could,
{ A }: Praise him for his stance
{ B }: Suspend him for 11 minutes for unduly rough supporting OR
{ C }: Banish him to essenscum in disgrace, where he would be welcome with open arms for such a display of passion.
Having said this, if he was indeed the man who threw his Magpie jumper on the ground after a loss, then I withdraw my support for him and suggest he go to hawthorn where they treat their players like this on a regular basis. Now THEY are what I would call a disgrace.

Trippy Pie Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:16 am

To all of you who were not there please refrain from passing judgement.
If you were nice and safe in your lounge room or at a pub with a couple of mates, you do not know what we went through.

What he reacted to was an extremely purile act committed by a port chocker supporter. This act was witnessed by security and this security guard found it amusing. When he was asked to do something and not just stand there and laugh about it he responded with insults.

After 3 hours of abuse we were all pushed to our limits, unfortunatly for the lad his limits are not as flexible as others.

Special delivery, you appear to be a person of high moral fibre, how would you have reacted?

There were incidents the whole night one port choker was quite proud of the items he threw at the cheer squad and openly admitting he had until a member of the police asked him if he did and re3plied with a no. Then the officer and he had a little loaugh at our expense.

There was also the power tool who after the game run a distance of four aisles to taunt the cheer squad. Those who were there should rember him he was wearing a wig and had the worst teeth in the whole of australia. When his acts were pointed out to the police and security they also gave him an extreme benifit of doubt.

I could spend a very long time detailing many more incidents but why bother because judgement has been passed and a very emotional supporter of the club has been found guilty without trial.

I also was highlighted during the game by the media along with many others. I believe that during the entire game, channel nine had a camera focused on the cheer squad to capture any body who showed an inkling of emotion.

In closing for people out there calling for the individual to be banned, there is a very old quote and I think it goes something like this.
LET HE WHO IS WITH OUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.
If not pull your head in and give the guy a break, if you ever needed someone in the trenches he is the type of person you would call on!!!
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:07 pm

Can a mod plz delete this, it was a double post.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!

Last edited by MissMagpie_20 on Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:07 pm

Well said Trippy Pie. This guy is the type of person who would give his life for Collingwood and his mates. A very loyal person who no doubt would have had his limits pushed on friday night.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:15 pm

Now lets all build a bridge and "get over it"... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Elvira on Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: