Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Dr Goose wants the Pies out of the AFL

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane Woewodin Fan wrote:
DaicosMagic wrote:
It's all right for Port, Teal is part of their team colours - why didn't they play in freakin' rad or orange last year? St Kilda, on the other hand, look ridiculous in Yellow - they could have played us in a predominantly red uniform last week.

I believe the aints play in yellow because pre WWl they had yellow in their jumpers.

Actually, St. Kilda wearing the Yellow jumpers was because of a sponsorship deal with Pura Milk. Which the milk is their "lite" milk, which ahs a yellow carton. The change wasn't for any other reason, that I know of, but I remember the story being on the news when they annoucned they were going to wear that jumper for "away" games. Probably until their sponsorship with the "Pure" runs out.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:03 pm

magpie_1983 wrote:
alf u are free to say wat u want thats our ite free speech, but saying for us to be kicked out of the afl is abit harsh common pull ya head in

So, what you're saying, essentially, is that I'm free to express an opinion, as long as you agree with it.

That's very big of you.

Rolling Eyes
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:07 pm

People are entitled to opinions. What i say only changes mine and a handful of others lives. Fly over a town or city and you realise how insignificant you are, its like the Sims, just you are someone's nextdoor neighbour. Dr Alf can spout all he likes, i for one won't think any less of him because i can separate the words from the man. I think he's a entertainer and a poet. His heart is in the right place and his head thinks outside the yard. The rest is just tomorrows posts. *shrugs* just another day in paradise.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:25 pm

I am actually going to sit out this argument, because, I really don't want to be called names. Or accused of taking sides, or any of that., so for the sake of my sanity, and the fact I am not really in the mood to argue with anyone. My opinion will stay at home Very Happy

Sorry about the spelling misstake in the original post, I type way to fast for my own good Very Happy

DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:30 pm

Too fast, yet you managed to add an extra s to mistake, and forget the extra o for too. (Iyme just tayking tha pisss).
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:43 pm

Thank for being so kind to point that out...

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:49 pm

Alf

This post might be construed as intellectual wanking and I'm taking the risk of incurring a wrathful outburst, but I'm going to take a leaf out of your book and push on with it regardless.

Those of us who have known you for a while - and it's been a few years now - know that you bleed for our Club. There are only a few people who have put as much of themselves into supporting the Pies as you have, in the time that I've known you. Your attacks of extreme pessimism are also well known to us and as much a part of you as your dedication to the Club.

You are one of the few who struggle honestly with the clash that passion and intellectual reasoning produces. The rest of us block out the intellect if it can't fit with the passion. I know that about you and I know I'm right. What's more I respect you for it, because that's you and above all you are true to yourself.

I grew up in Tassie until I was in primary school and then lived in Melbourne till my late 20s and then moved back here to Tassie. As a result of that I have a strong emotional tie to the Scottsdale Magpies as well as the real Pies. Scottsdale has produced a couple of Collingwood players, so the two teams fit well together. What a bastard it would be if both teams suddenly played in the same league and I had to decide between them. I'm a Magpie supporter and could never have a second team so I would have to choose. It would be no choice it would have to be Collingwood, but I would hate having to do it.

That conflict is something that Victorian supporters probably don't understand, but is something I recognise in your story every time you tell it after being taken to task for being soft on port. Is it coincidence that you've been particularly stroppy this week? The week that we play Port. I don't think so.

I don't have any answers for you, but I think I know how you feel and I don't envy you. All I ask is that you go easy on those who don't and can't understand. While I think I understand what produces the tantrums (that's how I see them), I believe they are abusive and self indulgent and I ask you to please not do it.

Ok let me have it. I'm very sorry for breathing or whatever else you think I mght have deliberately done to upset you, but I can take it.

We have always had a policy not to continue topics from other boards on this one and this topic should disappear, but I would ask the mods to leave it for a while because I think it's time we tried to straighten this out.
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:56 pm

What the hell was that all about. You lost me at "Alf".
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:58 pm

Mike, just wondering do you remember Scottsdale Vs Glenorchy? (not result wise) when both Magpie teams clashed, I think (as my dad explained it too me) that Glenorchy wore the TFL (Tasmanian) Jumper, and avoided the clash. That is if I am remembering this correctly, I was just curious not because of this thread, but for the reason when you mentioned Scottsdale Magpies.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:07 pm

OK, MIKE !

YOU'VE REALLY ASKED FOR IT NOW

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Thank you. You've just put it all into a much better perspective.

Fortunately there's enough people around here who DO understand to offset those who don't. I guess that's why I'm still around Nick's after 3 years or more.

And you're right, Mike. I always get myself into fights whenever Collingwood plays Port. Ironically, in this corresponding match two years ago I got punched in the head after the game by a Port supporter. And we'd just beaten them, so I didn't feel a thing.

I might just impose a short ban on myself until all this blows over. I've made my point. The vast majority disagree. So be it.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:10 pm

I'm annoying.....I know Evil or Very Mad so should I just shut up and leave this topic alone?

Last edited by The Prototype on Thu May 29, 2003 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:10 pm

Alf has a history with the Port Adelaide Football Club going back a long time as he supported them in the SANFL. Naturally, there will still be a soft-spot for them. However, he made the choice to support Collingwood a while back and he suuports us whole-heartedly. None of you people have the right to tell him what to do and what not to do.

Nothing wrong with freedom of speech. Alf has an opinion, he is entitled to it. None of you have the goddam right to attack him for it. Leave him alone.

He is a Collingwood supporter through and through. Just because he has an old allegience with Port, that doesn't mean that is not as much of a Pie supporter as any of you.

I suggest some of you need to get off their high-horse.
clokefield_34 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:30 pm

Keep it real alf.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:52 pm

Hot chocolate and iced vo-vo's anyone?

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:15 am

Hehe good call Clokefield Wink Wink

LMAO Jen. Or maybe we could all go play charades in the west lobby Laughing Laughing Laughing

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: