Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

FRIDAY NIGHTS GAME IS A DELAYED TELECAST

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

JLC wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
cant beleive all the crap written about this shit,4 bloody pages.People its on in prime time coz thats when it has been sold to the adverts.Stop bloody whinging.Talk about something meaningful

In that case why not show the grand final in Prime time or the Melbourne Cup and just delay the coverage. Why show any sport that doesnt fall in the right time slot.

jlc

JLC the afl wants to play the granny in prime time thats why they are asking the public whether we want a night grand final,as for the CUP, as if.Unfortunatly Collingwood doesnt stop the nation.as much as i wished they did.
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:42 pm

Hey Scoobydoo, piss off. Do you work for one of the advertisers, do you? What else do you want us to talk about right now? This is a very relevant topic for discussion. I don't like being treated like a funking fool by prgrammers - if you think they haven't tried to pull the wool over us, the viewer, and are not pissed off about it, then go watch your Burke's Backyard. Leave us to be pissed off about it!

Three footy channels: "It's going to be a football fan's dream."

Bullshit!

And if you keep feedign fuel to the fire ith your comments, this thread will go on for another 4 pages.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:44 pm

JLC wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
cant beleive all the crap written about this shit,4 bloody pages.People its on in prime time coz thats when it has been sold to the adverts.Stop bloody whinging.Talk about something meaningful

In that case why not show the grand final in Prime time or the Melbourne Cup and just delay the coverage. Why show any sport that doesnt fall in the right time slot.

jlc

I'm assuming Scoobydoo is saying that the 'ad time' has already been sold to companies on the assumption that those adverts will be shown during the game. Therefore, it could be hard for Ch9 to move the timeslot.
paulie 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:50 pm

I can't belive that peole can say it's only half an hour just don't listen to the radio!!!!For gawdsake how can we have four bloody football channels one a pay station and still not be able to see possility the biggest game of the year live.Well I will be locking myself in a room somewhere with the old radio.Gee glad I thought about this post I nearly said I would be locking myself in the bedroom with an old Tranny!!!!! Twisted Evil
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:53 pm

daicosmagic grow up buddy.didnt the adelaide council change the time of the match? I beleive ch9 always had it on @ 8.30pm.Why dont u complain to the afl & get them to change the match time to coincide with the 8.30pm start time on the telly.Lets keep discussing this coz it is soooooooooooooooooooooooo important & daicosmagic cant think of anything else
paulie 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:01 pm

Look mate If you can't understand that passionate Collingwood supporters want to see there team play live then you don't really understand true pasion mate.It's pretty simple really we would like to have the opportunity to cheer our team on live not everyone can afford the money or time to go to interstate games so we relie on the networks to show our team live.So we are bitterly disappointed when we are taken for granted by the networks ie this Friday and as jLC said during the cricket.
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:04 pm

IF YOU ARE CONTENT WITH FRASIER TAKING PRECENDENCE OVER THE COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB - THEN GOOD ON YOU.

I am not.

There is no reason why Frasier cannont be taken off, BBY put on to 7pm and then the Footy at 8. This only has to happen in Melbourne. This game is going to rate higher than BBY in Melbourne so I don't see what the problem is.

I have to rehash what Paulie has said - all these footy channels and not one can show it live? It should have at least been put on Fox Footy live when this all happened.

We've seen it happen with all other things in the AFL and broadcasting. Once something small like this happens... it just leads to bigger things. This time next year I'll be expecting the match at 9.30pm with 5 minutes of ads in between each goal.

Who would've thought that in 2003, from all those years ago when Port came into the leauge, we would be talking about changing the very colours we've followed all our lives because of some crappy team over the border? This is the same thing.

Couldn't trust the lot of them as far as I could throw them in their pinstriped suits.

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
paulie 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:13 pm

Well said Jen and thanks for rehashing my inane rantings. was in chat last nite and someone on there was also going the it's only half an hour what does it matter I was a tad peeved!!!!!! Mad
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:15 pm

And just to add to that, if Wayne Jackson wants to use me, a footy viewer, as bait in his bloody pitiful excuses about colour changes then he can bloody well ask me first!

I WANT TO WATCH TWO TEAMS IN BLACK.
I HAVE HAD NO TROUBLE WITH VIEWING BEFOREHAND WHILST WATCHING COLLINGWOOD PLAY THE POWER. AND, AS GOOD EYESIGHT RUNS IN MY FAMILY, I WILL BE SAFE FOR THE NEXT 50 YEARS.

Thanks for letting me rant. He is totally pissing me off.

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:17 pm

Heaven knows how us mortals watched two teams playing at Moorabin in the mud and slops.

Let a team with similar colours enter the competition. Then get the existing team to change......lol Perfect sense No Braino Wayno

jlc

DaicosMagic Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:24 pm

Scoobydoo, why don't you start your own thread on more important things in Collingwood today.

I work my arse off all week and have been looking forward to watching the Pies live on Friday night all week - to unwind with the Pies, LIVE. It is just pissing me off. I was going to watch it with a friend, but he now tells me he wants to watch the delay, I don't (I'll listen to the radio). So the start of my weekend is off to a great start.

If all of us were having a conversation, all these posts would be out of the way in a short burst. But the fact of the matter is that a bulletin board is even slower than a chat room, and 4 or 5 posts (and replies) takes minutes (and longer) and appears like obsessive babble. If I see a new post (like yours) I'm going to respond to it if I see fit.
DaicosMagic Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:37 pm

Hey ScoobyDoo, guess what? I'm posting on this topic...again.

Apparently I just heard that Channel 9's own Gary Lyon is a guest on Burke's Backyard. All is forgiven, Channel 9. You've made a wise choice. I mean, the show could now be considered Football-related.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:12 pm

everyone sooking really needs to get a grip on reality.

seriously, there are more important things to think about then whether the $£$%^%%$ football is on live or in 1/2 hr.

your whining isnt going to change anything so just shutup about it.
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:39 am

Welcome to the world of Queensland Football Viewing!!!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:06 am

And i guess CQ there are more important things in life than posting on a BB.

However Frasier and Burkes Backyard are not more important than Collingwood to me.

The game will be delayed even more by Eddie and the others talking crap at start of game.

jlc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: