Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

FRIDAY NIGHTS GAME IS A DELAYED TELECAST

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing is that if the players hear of this, they'll know that no one around the country other than those at the ground will be watching them 'live'. I think they would get a buzz knowing tens of thousands of Collingwood fans in Victoria are cheering them on with every passage of play they make.
Crazy_eyes 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:24 pm

I called channel nine again, they dont give a shit! They say its up to programming, not afl footy department. Thats all a load of crap.

How do we get intouch with eddie, we need answers, and need them now.... Evil or Very Mad
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:27 pm

This is an ABSOLUTE joke. Soooooooooooo unfair. I dunno what to do now. I cant handle listening to the radio but i cant handle watching it knowing its not live, ESPECIALLY if the game is anything like when we played the Crows. I cant beleive this Crying or Very sad

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:52 pm

I hope Eddie has something to say about it on the Footy Show, but I doubt it because it might not be a good idea to bag your employer. Lift your game Ch9.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 6:14 pm

Channel 9 dont give a stuff. They dont understand the passion for football. Or if they do understand the passion they choose to ignore it. The AFL only gives a stuff when it relates to televised games in Sydney or Brisbane as they are worried about rugby.

The AFL never has and never will give a stuff about Victorian football

jlc

DaicosMagic Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:25 pm

All is forgiven, Channel 7.

Bring back Sandy Roberts (I cannot believe it has come to this).
TB Capricorn

When I was growing up everyone wanted to be a ballerina...I wanted to be a vampire!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:02 pm

Well what can you do? I usually have the live scoreboard running on the dear old putey, while watching the game on tele.....
TB.

Dark Lord Capricorn

He's back...

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:10 pm

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I'm thrilled that the game is a delayed telecast. I work on Friday nights and my VCR is busted, so I'll be able to catch at least the last half. Very Happy
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:14 pm

who gives a shit, we get our games on everyweek, whether theyre interstate or not.

stop whinging, some teams dont even get their games shown.

be grateful that its on at all.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:50 pm

Which teams would they be ??

please enlighten us.

jlc

MAGPIRA 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:02 pm

maggies2003 wrote:
this makes me wonder...does eddie really give a damn about his collingwood supporters.. or is he mainly interested in the cash...
Eddie better lift his game or the collingwood faithful are gonna make an embarrassment of him..

You are kidding right? How the heck can you honestly think that? Believe it or not, Eddie DOES NOT run Channel 9 and he'd be spewing about this just as much as we are, but at the end of the day he has NO say when it would come to programme scheduling at the station. And as for Eddie giving a damn........if you gotta ask yourself that question then you obviously don't pay much attention to The Club and how things have vastly improved since he took over Rolling Eyes
DaicosMagic Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:09 pm

Football cannot be treated like a f**kin' sitcom (on repeat) or a pre-taped variety show. It is sport this country gets mighty passionate about (I get passionate about Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Family Guy, etc. but I can watch them delayed and be be just as satisfied). Not so with football. 40,000 paid members get jack squat for one of the most anticipated contests this year. And the network was going to just hope that no one noticed and watched the delayed telecast believing it was live.

Can't they just show it live from the start of the second quarter or whenever Burke's Dumpyard finishes? I remember either last year or the year before a Collingwood game (I think in Adelaide) started at the start of the second quarter live for some reason. Why can't they do this?

Sorry Don Burke, it's not personal, I love your work, really...but get stuffed for one week, would ya?

Offensive Language Edited - AnthonyC
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:24 pm

Channel 9 have done the same thing with the cricket. A Current Affair takes prominance ahead of the one day matches. What a joke.

If Channel 9 dont want to show it live then they should have to give the game to someone who is willing to show it live. Afterall they have more confidence in Frasier and Burkes Backyard. So why not let people vote with their remote controls as to which show they would rather watch.

jlc

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:31 pm

cant beleive all the crap written about this shit,4 bloody pages.People its on in prime time coz thats when it has been sold to the adverts.Stop bloody whinging.Talk about something meaningful
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:34 pm

scoobydoo wrote:
cant beleive all the crap written about this shit,4 bloody pages.People its on in prime time coz thats when it has been sold to the adverts.Stop bloody whinging.Talk about something meaningful

In that case why not show the grand final in Prime time or the Melbourne Cup and just delay the coverage. Why show any sport that doesnt fall in the right time slot.

jlc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: