Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

For all those who feel sorry for Port.......

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:33 pm
Post subject: For all those who feel sorry for Port.......Reply with quote

This is from the Adelaide advertiser

Port plans hostile 'welcome' for Pies
By MICHELANGELO RUCCI
26may03

PORT ADELAIDE today will announce plans to turn AAMI Stadium – where Collingwood has won five of its past six games – into a hostile environment for Friday night's blockbuster against the Magpies.

And the Power wants to use the videoscreen – which annoyed Collingwood president Eddie McGuire during last year's AFL finals – to create a stifling pro-Port atmosphere.
"We are going to crank up a lot of things to make everyone realise this is our home game and among that is making our supporters' voices heard. The videoscreen can be used for that purpose," Port president Greg Boulton said.

McGuire, who last year complained to the AFL about the use of the videoscreen during Collingwood's 13-point win in the qualifying final against the Power, yesterday launched an attack on the anti-Victorian sentiments among SA football fans.

"Port Adelaide can do as it likes but I think it is time the football public in Adelaide pulls its head in," McGuire said. "Just look at what has happened the last two times Collingwood has played there – our officials have been sprayed with urine, not to mention other things.

"Port can use the videoscreen as it likes, as long as they don't incite the crowd or question umpiring decisions with it. And they can come up with any campaign they like for the fans. But I just hope there is a sense of sportsmanship, class, sophistication and fair play in what they come up with."

Port intends Friday night's match to be the Power's first sell-out game this season. Part of that is a plea for fans to turn AAMI Stadium into a sea of black, white and teal.

"We want our fans to dress up more, splash our colours over the stadium and make their voices heard," said Boulton.

Collingwood has won two of its past three games against Port at West Lakes. The Magpies are still buoyed by their most recent triumph at AAMI Stadium, a five-point win against Adelaide a fortnight ago with a goal after the siren by Chris Tarrant.

Collingwood's other advantage is its mental edge over the Power after its upset win in last year's qualifying finals when the Pies stunned Port without form or skipper Nathan Buckley.

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough Port havnt played Collingwood in Melbourne for a while. Pity really as im sure us Pies fan could give the lovely Port boys a friendly "Victoria Park" welcome to them Wink

jlc

Geoffy Pie 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:35 pm

somehow i think there's gonna be fire in the air
this is gonna be an exciting match to attend

DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:49 pm

It's hard to give a friendly Victoria Park welcome when we're not allowed to bring cans of beer into the ground!
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:53 pm

Yer Port have not played Collingwood in Melbourne since 99 and have only played us 2 times in 6 years in Melbourne
1997 pies v port
1997 port v pies
1998 port v pies
1999 pies v port
2000 port v pies
2001 port v pies
2002 port v pies
2002 port v Pies (finals game)
2003 port v pies
will the trend continue in 2004 have the game here get 50 - 70,000 than the poor crowds port seem to get at home ?

http://collingwood.rules.it/

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:56 pm

it. . .
Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:20 pm

They can make it as hostile as they want, all 25.000 of them... Laughing
Playing childish mind games won't get them over the line either, we will definatley have the last laugh, I just know it!

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:30 pm

exactly! for it to be a hostile environment, the Port fans will have to show up. but I think most of them will watch it on TV, as they usually do Razz
Natalie 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:04 pm

Just read this article on Herald Sun website:

www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,6505401%255E20322,00.html

Really shows how much a bunch of morons they are. With the posts on violence in footy on this forum, you've now got a football club in Port inciting dangerous behaviour from its fans. I'm going to the game and i'm bloody excited about it, but i'm not going to get sucked into this bullshit intimidation thing.

It's a football game for christ's sake. Sure it's great to have rivalry and all that, but going to this extent is just beyond it. Port must be absolutely shitting themselves if this is all they can come up with, change your jumper collingwood and oh you pies supporters betta watch out because we're gonna get you.

PISS OFF THE LOT OF YOU PORT WANKERS.

I'm going to be yelling GO PIES even louder at the game now, just to shit them off even more!
Pathetic bunch of Magpie wannabees. There's only one Magpies in this competition and the sooner they get over it the better. GO PIES.
(apologies i'm a little fired up at the moment. Friday can not come sooner now)
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:57 pm

I don't know if anyone saw the fox footy news update last night where they had a representative fom Port Adelaide on saying how many crows supporters had called asking how to get tickets to the game on Friday so they too can get pay back for the after the siren win..

Sounds like football park sorry Aami Stadium will be a very unwelcoming venue this weekend.
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:59 pm

Be interesting Crows people turning up Im sure the Adelaide people will turn on them selfs after all i know people from both sides and they hate each other with a passion.
Adz 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:16 pm

Do you think there will be many magpie supporters over there???? I hope a lot of Adelaide collingwood supporters turn out and lots make the trip over.
Geoffy Pie 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:26 pm

i think the magpie army will be quite big, it looks like it's turning into more than a football game.
Adz 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:30 pm

I really hope we kill them SA supporters a stupid and losers. It would a excellent week if we could get up and shut them up.
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:43 pm

this is crap! people go to football games to watch a good game and to have a fun time. not to be abused, intimidated or physically hurt. we're not the soccer y'know! Mad

away fans already cop enough grief from moron supporters and draconian, gung-ho security staff, not to mention being hugely out-numbered. these things that port are proposing will only make things worse for the fans, not the players, who are professional enough to tune out from this crap.

if any incidents do flare up, port adelaide should be done for incitement. this just goes way beyond gamesmanship, this could become serious. I'm not saying welcome c'wood with open arms, but this behaviour smacks of insecurity on port's part (pardon the pun) Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: