Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Stand firm Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:17 pm
Post subject: Stand firm CollingwoodReply with quote

Evil forces are at work people there is no doubt about that!!
I'd like to know who put Mark Williams up to it ?
If he has gone alone in suggesting the collingwood football club changes its jumper because we are playing his club at moron park the guy is a goose a deadset bloody goose.
Well aint the collingwood bashers loving this one you know the ones they dont understand passion they dont understand the collingwood peoples love and devotion to what we hold sacred, our beloved black and white jumper i might get a little emotional here and if i do please forgive me.

Its a little more than a jumper, this jumper represents so much to us all its totally unfair and wrong to just call the collingwood jumper a 'jumper' its something we have grown up to love and respect it has made us feel good in times when nothing else was good.

It has given us lifetime friendships and at times it gives us reason to cry like the time when we won our first ever wooden spoon which i couldnt bare and locked myself in the bedroom and cried and cried i cried for collingwood and i cried for our beloved jumper our beloved black and white jumper.

I read our history with eyes like dinner plates when i see pictures of albert collier,peter daicos, darren millane, bobby rose,peter mckenna, john greening,ross dunne, len thompson,ray gabelich,jock mchale,thorold merrett,alby pannam,nathan buckley,ted potter,billy picken, price rowe and rush....do i have to go on?
These players just didnt wear jumper..they wore with pride a collingwood jumper a black and white striped jumper.

Different tears were shed on 6th october 1990 when the pies after so long did the unthinkable our beloved collingwood won a flag our black and white jumper was king of the mountain we were proud were happy we cried that day for the collingwood jumper we cried with so much joy, a year later we cried for darren millane who wore with great pride our collingwood jumper yous all know the one, the one with black and white stripes.

And what about the collingwood people of another era when the collingwood suberb was laughed at because it was a slum and full of boot
factories, it was where the poor lived and battled to survive my god what sort of joy and happiness did that black and white striped jumper give these people.

I might be getting of track a little but this black and white jumper is firmly entrenched in our hearts and so it should be, what right does a non collingwood person have in trying to tell us its time we had an alternative strip have we gone absolutely mad in modern day football doesnt history, passion and love for ones club mean anything anymore.

I get a tingle down the spine everytime i see collingwood run onto the ground in our beautiful black and white striped jumper, they all hate us because of that black and white striped jumper and in return we love it more 'tenfold' and we rightfully hold it sacred as did our past supporters of this great club and our past players and champions in a time long gone where bleeding for the black and white striped jumper was an expectation.

Tread very carefully when talking about changing our beloved jumper in any form...this jumper is who we are and its what we are and we must always defend and fight of the evil force that is currently at work.

We owe it to our past to keep it always for our future its more than just a set of colors for identification on a saturday afternoon..its a set of colors that gives us hope gratitude and an undersatnding of where we came from it gives us dreams for the future this is one thing we must never tamper with...its more than just a bloody jumper for christ's sake.
Its us, its collingwood, its precious, and to all you two bob idiots out there who are screaming blue murder because we are defending our right to keep our beautiful black and white striped jumper for ever and ever, two words for you

GET STUFFED !!!!!!!!!!!!

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joffa for those great words of wisdom. Beautifully put.
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:43 pm

Thats bloody sensational pally well done!! Laughing

CARN THE PIES!!!!
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:15 pm

I'm withya, Brudda Joffa. Smile
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:21 pm

I'm with you aswell, Joffa Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:46 pm

Amen to that Joffa, your rite as always! Smile
boss351 Leo

Proud Port Adelaide Supporter..... I come in peace, be gentle

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:36 pm

Quote:
I read our history with eyes like dinner plates when i see pictures of albert collier,peter daicos, darren millane, bobby rose,peter mckenna, john greening,ross dunne, len thompson,ray gabelich,jock mchale,thorold merrett,alby pannam,nathan buckley,ted potter,billy picken, price rowe and rush....do i have to go on?

Joffa i agree and feel the same way, but they didnt wear that "Swan Districts"version ofthe jumper they wear now, bring back the "Traditional" white jumper
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:53 pm

boss351....I am sick to death of you now!!
The swan district jumper was in a preseason game...and we all know how much they count for.
We are talking about the real mccoy competition.
We wear Black and White!!!!!!!!

Geoffy Pie 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:55 pm

that really is beautifully written
u should send that into one of the newspapers Wink

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:58 pm

spot on joffa m8, besides our kids what do we leave behind when our life has run its race, we, all of us are part of something big, a piece of history right now, Collingwood!
I personally love the fact that I love the same jumper that my great-Grandfather loved, a man I never met, he died in WWI, yet across time we love the same thing, a thing that in generations to come our great-grand children will love, the Collingwood jumper.
I am a peace loving man, I don't like to fight, but I will fight for the things I love, and my brothers and sisters I love the Collingwood jumper.

WE ARE BLACK AND WHITE
WE ARE FRIGIN DYNAMITE!

M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:15 pm

Spot on joffa 100% agreed
junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:14 pm

Joffa, as usual, stirring sentiments indeed. mate, you speak from the heart and again you've hit the nail on the head.

the black and white is more than a jumper. it is our club's identity. IT IS NOT SALE!

c'wood is the most marketable club in victoria, maybe even the whole of australia. how easy would it be for the club to release a series of different jumpers - home, away, third strip, pre-season, etc - in order to sell more jumpers and make more profit?

this stand shows that the club is not exclusively about money or profit. we are the people's club. we cater to fans from all walks of life, of different backgrounds and importantly, of different socioeconomic circumstances. we are also about tradition, loyalty, and commitment - this site can attest to that. 40,000 members can attest to that. all of this is embodied by the uniform that the club wears, the emblem that the club is represented by.

this week, more than any, we are truly playing for the pride of the jumper. let us show the AFL, Port and all the other clubs, what being black and white is all about!!
Kenno25 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:26 pm

boss351 is wrong yet again, the Collingwood jumper with the black back and white numbering was worn by the Pies earlier last century and was the jumper worn when we won 4 premierships in a row in the 1920's.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:14 pm

joffa mate, are you sure i need to write a speech this week? i think you just wrote one yourself! brilliant!
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:28 pm

The AFL will enforce alternative strips.

Not maybe ... not perhaps ... it WILL happen.

Next year ... the year after ... I don't know. But it's going to happen. And if it has to happen over the dead bodies of the 20th century people with their 20th century "traditions", then so be it.

Just because people did things the stupid way for 100 years is no reason to continue to do things the stupid way.

And in three or four years, when all you people have fought ... and LOST ... this battle, you will accept the fact that Collingwood is still Collingwood ... and Collingwood is still the Magpies ... even though we might sometimes have to play in red .... or yellow ... or green ... or pink ... or lavender with cerise diamonds, striped sleeves and cap ... or whatever we're friggen well told to play in.

You'll accept it ... eventually. You'll be hauled kicking and screaming into the 21st century ... but one day it will occur to you that footy is a better game to watch because of the change.

We'll still be wearing our black and white scarves and waving our black and white flags and doing our "black and white" chants. Because we'll know that that team out there in red or yellow or whatever is OUR team, Collingwood, the Magpies, the one and only Magpies, whose OFFICIAL colours will always be black and white ... but whose playing strip is sometimes varied to suit the circumstances.

And when Tarrant kicks the sealer and the fat lady sings ... Joffa will put on the GOLD jacket (which is also not one of our official colours, but we love it anyway) and we'll celebrate the same as we ever did.

... and then when we get home ... we'll be feeling all nostalgic ... and we'll get out our old well-worn video of the 2002 Qualifying Final and we'll remember that great victory over Port ... and we'll wonder how the hell we EVER managed to tell the teams apart in those ridiculous old days.

And we'll know that yesterday's ideas are for yesterday's people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: