Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lokan and Tex Walker! (Something special)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 12:13 pm
Post subject: Re: RiewoltReply with quote

natkingcole wrote:
Prototype- I know we'll all Collingwood supporters here but don't you think you're just a tad bias about Riewolt. He was hardly thrashed on Saturday and would be in their top 2-3 players at StKilda. I would have him in a Collingwood jumper any day.

My judgment isn't from a Collingwood Supporter, my judgment is being an AFL supporter. As I should of rephrased what I had posted before, I was making a comment that the Rising Star is overrated, and the reason I mentioned Riewoldt, is his early form, let's be honest, he's looked like a chicken with his head cut off. Now that he has the "National Rising Star" medal, the pressure he would be under now, and all the hype, would really help screw up a football mind. I didn't mean on Saturday, I mean overall this season, which I think he stats would be done from this time last year. If I am wrong, I would change my opinion, but in the games I have watched of St. Kilda this year, he has looked very flat.

As for wanting him in a Collingwood jumper, I think he would get lost in the Collingwood line-up. As St. Kilda has a limited amount of 'top' name stars, Collingwood is full of them, and most have been playing better then Riewoldt, so he would be stuck in the VFL. But at St. Kilda, he can play poorly, and never both to worry about a spot, because they haven't got anyone that plays the same game as Riewoldt would.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Brown26 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

For exactly the reason he is being thrashed, or at least not showing his full tallent, at st kilda he would be an absolute champion at collingwood. He's St Kilda's go to man - their only hope, the messiah, the one to bring them their second premiership, at the pies he'd be another versatile young player.

Who get's the oppositions best backman at St Kilda - him or gerigh, depending on match ups. reiwolt wouldn't get the third best backman at the pies, he'd play on the HFF or the wing on a shorter player and rip them appart. Also, under MM he'd be doing a lot better, and be handled a lot better, than under any other coach.

also, the real reason clement gave him a bath was, not only the experience difference, but the delivery to him was appauling, if they kicked that way to tarrant we'd be furious, they just bombed the ball in, didn't kick it in front of him, didn't look to see if he was covered, it was ludicrous.

the pies midfield would be much more selective and hopefully more accurate!!

I don't think he's as good as people say yet, and IMO he never will be as good as most people think, (but they do expect him to be a semi-god, so it's not exactly his fault!) but I think in a different side, with more direction and a more help on the field he'd be a lot better than he is now! He's only young, remember.

he's just another player the pies should entice to us ubecause we are more professional and could handle him better, well, we can all dream... :p

- Ben
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:26 pm

Are we ever over MM he'd be doing a lot better and be handled a lot better than under any other coach?
1948pie Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:44 pm

anyone know if walker is related to lee walker. both from wa and look a little alike although it could be just their hair
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:30 am

As far as I know, the Walkers are not related dude. But I do agree about the similarities! I just hope Tex has better knees.

Esto Collingwood Perpetua!

Warbler 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:21 am

We picked Lokan up at pick 70 something from under Ports noses & he has slotted seamlessly into the side -- fantastic stuff Recruiting guys .
Tex Walker is still a kid , but with a mans body - a big mans body - he could be anything & I will be closely following his career.
Rhys Shaw has been fantastic - I love his disposals this year - unlike the first few games I saw him play.

Truly exciting time to be a COLLINGWOOD supporter
Pleeeeeeese add to our record at aami -
GO PIES
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: