Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie....Lets ask the audience???

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:02 pm
Post subject: Eddie....Lets ask the audience???Reply with quote

Home games in Sydney.....NO F...ing way!!!!

The Collingwood Football Club should play all our home games at the MCG...

The reality is in order to look after the collingwood supporters our games need to played at the G..

I SAY NO COLLINGWOOD HOME GAMES THE FOLLOWING GROUNDS
SCG
GABBA
WACA
SUBI
TELSTRA STUDIUM
TELSTRA DOME....(PS **** TELSTRA)
UNSKILLED STADIUM
OPTUS OVAL
AAMI (maybe.... we do have a good record there....JOKING!!!!!!!!)

PLEASE eddie play our HOME games at the MCG
Dont choose money over Collingwood supporters interests!!!!!

possilble SHORT term monetary gain will lead to black and white pain....

LETS ASK THE AUDIENCE...............................

TERRY
Nova Kaine Leo

Winners never quit, and quitters NEVER win.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood playing in Sydney would only be a one off, but if all the Sydney people turn up all the Collingwood fans, who wouldn't want the revenue that comes out of the game? In the end it's the money that helps keep the club going. Although I'd hate the idea, but if you can make a little extra money out of it, does it really matter?

Would you rather Collingwood play a home game at Optus Oval?

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:38 pm

i bet the ****ing tossers will play at sydney.

and if we do u can goddam count me out as being a member and stick it right up your arse. eddie. seeing as youre the president you should have control over it.

(Offensive language has been removed from this post-Moderators)
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:19 pm

Hey,

Im from sydney and I would love MY magpies to play one or two home games here. Eddie is a clever man, and I can assure you that any team who plays one or two home games in Western sydney will be on a dinner. Only one or two games are needed, as three matches could be seen in sydney, when the pies play the swans away.

I would like to see the Pies v swans game here, as well as the Pies vs Bulldogs up here too.

I know this is going to stir the pot a bit, but like I said, any team which comes to Sydney, even if only for a couple of matches, will take the town by storm. Rugby League is dead in its former strong holds like Campbelltown since the local team "merged" and our town is just dying for a national team to play even just a couple of matches in the town.

We have a good little suburban ground here, called Monarch Field, and I would love to see my Pies play maybe just one game here. Like I said, It would need to be against a shitty team, such as the dogs or geelong. Melbourne deserves the big games because it is the victorian members who have supported the team through thick and thin.

Please dont get all personal with this, as its simply just an opinion from a Sydney Collingwood supporter.

to the football club Dont take the big games away from Melbourne. That is your heart land. Play a shit team in Sydney, like W.B., but not the goot teams....

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:44 pm

TITP......

You are lucky to be watching Collingwood on TV....

Collingwood playing home games in Sydney makes me sick....vomit vomit vomit......

Who cares about about western Sydney anyway?? No-one is your answer....

HOME GAMES AT THE MCG

TERRY
McGuane's 77 Bounces 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:34 am

If we get guaranteed two games in Sydney a year and this makes us only travel 3 times to places like WA, SA and Brissy that has to be a great thing for the club.
Collingwood would still play 18 games in Melbourne, one of the home games against Sydney would be transferred up here and one of our away games at the MCG would act as a home game where members can use their member passes.
I can't see how this effects Collingwood supporters living in Melbourne. All Eddie is doing is trying to grow the Magpie army....starting in the west of Sydney is a good start
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:25 am

This is not about YOU. You are still going to get your precious 18 games in Melbourne. FFS, put the club first for once.

I'm starting to get a real attitude to those who think because they live in Melbourne they have more rights than an interstate member. I live in WA and I'd like to see more games over here but I realise that WA games do not benefit our club at all. We have a bad record over here and travelling teams to here struggle the next week too. I'd be happy to sacrifice a WA game to see it go to sydney....that way the club prospers as we have a better chance to win in sydney than subi and we are not stuffed for the following week.

I'm willing to make a sacrifice on the very little I see of the boys (not even once this year). How about you put the club first and take a step off that high horse. It's about the club not an individual.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
hscotland29 Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:50 am

An interesting thought

it's hard to think what i would say at the prospect of a home game away from home, but hey if i still get my membership games then I back the idea the woods have fans in sydney and i believe that they should get a go.

However, if it comes at the cost of the members i would have to say sorry on your bike.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:37 pm

Nova Kaine wrote:

Would you rather Collingwood play a home game at Optus Oval?

That would be preferable to playing it in Sydney. And I really couldn't give a shit if Carlton got the money either.
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:52 pm

Blanch wrote:
This is not about YOU. You are still going to get your precious 18 games in Melbourne. FFS, put the club first for once.

I'm starting to get a real attitude to those who think because they live in Melbourne they have more rights than an interstate member. I live in WA and I'd like to see more games over here but I realise that WA games do not benefit our club at all. We have a bad record over here and travelling teams to here struggle the next week too. I'd be happy to sacrifice a WA game to see it go to sydney....that way the club prospers as we have a better chance to win in sydney than subi and we are not stuffed for the following week.

I'm willing to make a sacrifice on the very little I see of the boys (not even once this year). How about you put the club first and take a step off that high horse. It's about the club not an individual.

Getting 18 games a year in Melbourne is not the point.

I would much rather have Collingwood play two AWAY games in Perth every year than one HOME game in Sydney.

The draw should be random. None of this guaranteed blockbuster bullshit. And home games should be played at home.

It's not always possible to play them at the M.C.G. because the M.C.G. is also the home of several other clubs, so we sometimes have to play them at Docklands. That's fair enough. But our home games should always be played in Melbourne.

This issue is about the principle of home games (i.e. that they should be played at HOME ... i.e. in Melbourne) and the fairness of the draw.

If it was about ME, I'd rather we played all our games interstate because that would give me the perfect excuse to stop going to the football. But it's not about ME ... it's about justice.
Nova Kaine Leo

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:08 pm

Collingwood playing in Sydney would be to boost their membership numbers. And to promote the club the the NSW area, because we know all teams need members. But sure I hate the idea of Collingwood playing 2 home games in Sydney, but if Collingwood can manage to boost their membership by traveling to Sydney (which probarly wouldn't happen anyways.) Shouldn't they try it? It's not like they are going to have home games in Syria or America, or maybe New Zealand. It's only a few miles out of Victoria. Would you all be like this if Collingwood had money trouble and needed to try and get members and money somewhere else? Of course you wouldn't, 2 games isn't going to worry anything. Although when North Melbourne did it a few years ago is failed because Sydney can't support 2 teams (Although if Collingwood was winning they would support them)

So like Blanch said, put the club first, Eddie's not stupid, if he made the team play a home game in Iraw, then he'd be crazy and stupid, but it's only Sydney. It's not like it's a different country.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:37 pm

Nova Kaine wrote:

So like Blanch said, put the club first, Eddie's not stupid, if he made the team play a home game in Iraw, then he'd be crazy and stupid, but it's only Sydney. It's not like it's a different country.

Did you mean "Iraq"?

I'll assume you did.

Actually a home game in Iraq would make a lot more sense than Sydney. I'm sure Eddie could get one of the big American OIL companies to sponsor us for a few million petrodollars. Small change for them and a great boost to our coffers.

We could even dig up that Iraqi Information Minister from the recent war and get him to be our PR man. He could tell the Iraqis all about our premiership last year ... and the year before ... and the year before.
Nova Kaine Leo

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:41 pm

Well a home game in Iraq could be good though...the guards could scare the other team away Laughing

So I made a typo before, I'm still half a sleep, although it's 12:41pm I didn't get much sleep Sad

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 1:47 pm

Thanks for my first good laugh of the day, Alf.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:27 pm

NO HOME GAMES INTERSTATE
do we really need the money that bad ??? there are
so many other clubs in $$$$$ problems than collingwood
The game is becoming to interstate dominate
its hard enough winning interstate than give up home games
to play there we need all home games in Melb !!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: