Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How do you rate Andy Williams?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angel 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:06 pm
Post subject: How do you rate Andy Williams?Reply with quote

I think we did all right getting him in a deal for Adkins, who is not much but I believe some people here overrated him early. Williams has been shocking since the Brisbane game. He is fine against weak opposition though. His weaknesses are that he is soft, frightened at the contest, lacks pace, decision-making and his kicking is ordinary. He is very good overhead for his size though. Not hard to see why he spent most matches with West Coast on the bench, when they were playing much worse football.
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you think your being a bit harsh ? Everyone has their off days and knocking himself out in the Sydney game wouldn't have helped his game much either a heavy knock like that would take some getting over physically. I'd be waiting a couple of weeks to see if things improve before I would start questioning the value of the swap.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:11 pm

Crap the last cople of weeks, apart from that, good.
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:21 pm

i dont know why ppl bother going for us if all u are gonna do is bag the players, Joel do u think u could do any better some how i dont freaking think so, so just shut up and stop putting players done, ive noticed tarrant doesnt cop it no more since his found form, u mite as well call urself a bandwaggon supporter too imo that goes for anyone who bags a player from the pies....
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:23 pm

Good value from what I've seen so far. Just a few weeks ago he was the trade of the year. All in all too early to tell as to what he may become. Well worth it to date at least.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:36 pm

he's not doing any worse than Adkins did/would have done
Molly Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:08 pm

yeah exactly scoobydoo - am sure chipper wld not have had as much impact as williams has so far.

that said tho, i think he's been down on form lately, and not just since he got knocked out. I'm not trying to bag him, i think he'll do alright, but i just think he cld do with come time in the twos to hopefully find some form.
Doska_1984 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:51 pm

Call me what use want, but how can you defend a player that is simply shit? I don't bag players much but when I do they deserve it. I've never liked Andrew Williams and I never will even if he does perform which his highly unlikely as his soft. I still beleive we can win the premiership from here and I have faith in the boys but Andrew Williams has got to go I looked at his stats the last four weeks and he has done nothing. Especially when you have Betheras, Scotland, McGough etc in the twos performing everyweek but can't get a spot but you have this soft passenger from West Coast that Malthouse admires playing infront of our players that took us to a grand final. The thread basically is asking you to give your opinion about Andrew Williams and he simply makes me sick. If he keeps his spot in the side this week I don't know what the world is coming to. I'll rather play our young guns mate, bring in the Cloke brothers bring in Dayne Swan just Williams makes me sick and his ugly to.
Doska_1984 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:54 pm

I apologise if I went overboard with the swearing but I've had it up to here with this player!
paulie 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:18 pm

Personally I think he is a really good singer I don't care what any of youse reckon I have all his albums!!!!!!!!!! Razz
Magpie Gal 19 Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:18 pm

all I gotta Say is

GO WILLO

#19 kicks Ass!!!!
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:48 pm

Adkins wouldn't even be in the side at the moment if he were still here! Were we expecting too much from Williams when he came over. I always though of him as a solid to good player, never a gun or anything. That's what he's here for to add depth and be a solid performer. I know he has had a few off weeks but give him time FFS, he'll come good...
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:09 am

Willo came to Collingwood as a quiet achiever. Nobody talked about him much because he was not a glamour boy here in the west. MM knew his worth though, and that's why we got him.

Willo can play as a tall up forward (strong hands) or as a tagging midfielder. He has played both roles successfully in previous years with the eagles. Up until he got knocked out he was our leading mark taker and averaging close to 20 possies a game.

His courage cannot possibly be questioned....please go back and have a look at some of his marks earlier in the year, the way he backs back into packs to take some of them is bravery.

The only problem I can see with him is that when he first arrived he played too well for some of our supporters and now they expect a buckley like performance every week. Willo didn't get much game time last week, it's pretty hard to have an impact from the pine.

My opinion on why MM likes him is his versatility. Like Clemo, Willo can fill many roles on the field, short or tall, back or forward. Can the same versatility be said for those listed above playing at Willy?

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
r_betheras_10 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:01 pm

Williams is as important to the pies as our new recruit Shane Woewodin is!!!
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:44 pm

I am so happy to see so many people defending one of the players, lately there have been so many negative comments being said about various players performances it has become very disheartening to see supporters turning on their own in bad times.
So far the season has been a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs, if you want to be able to enjoy the good times you need to stick by them in the bad. Collingwood already has enough knockers, there's enough people out there bagging the players lets stop doing it ourselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: