Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

McGough 45 possies for Willi...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

im not gunna say cam cloke will be the savour to all our problems in the ruck this year but atleast give him a go, see what his like.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:57 pm

chalky wrote:
Drew, are you ging to blame the rucks if we lose this one - throw tap out stats at us to prove it.
A ruckman is only as good as his midfield. Ask King, Primus, White, Darcy. All top quality tap rucks with shit midfield.
Gardner had a great 15 mins, then Josh took him to the cleaners, even Healy "on the couch" thought it ludicrous that some scribes had Gardner BOG. This ruck stuff is becoming tedious. We did not lose because of the ruck stats, we lost because we did not make the most of opportunities during the entire game. across the whole ground, across the whole side.

This is what is known as "hitting the nail on the head". Dead right Chalky
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 3:02 pm

I hope u're not right pepstar.... I'd hate to think what Reiwoldt would do to us, considering what his last starting opponent did.
r_betheras_10 Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 12:06 pm

I was there and it was great. McGough played great, a couple of little stuff ups, but otherwise he played great!!! Scotland and Richo also played good! Well done STINKY!
drew1602 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 5:57 pm

Lone Ranger 37 wrote:
chalky wrote:
Drew, are you ging to blame the rucks if we lose this one - throw tap out stats at us to prove it.
A ruckman is only as good as his midfield. Ask King, Primus, White, Darcy. All top quality tap rucks with shit midfield.
Gardner had a great 15 mins, then Josh took him to the cleaners, even Healy "on the couch" thought it ludicrous that some scribes had Gardner BOG. This ruck stuff is becoming tedious. We did not lose because of the ruck stats, we lost because we did not make the most of opportunities during the entire game. across the whole ground, across the whole side.

This is what is known as "hitting the nail on the head". Dead right Chalky

The two of you must not read my posts very often Crying or Very sad ....I am a huge fan of Mckee.....and have never blamed him for a loss..but oftern give him credit for a win....the point of my post was simple...we have the future capabilites ( in Cam Cloke) to have a very formadable ruck division to supply our formadbale midfield.... Once we have Cam up and running (this year or next year) our side will be able to adjust to the oppositions midfield set up with out a problem...and turn our percieved weakness into a great strength.... Cool Cool

And to Chalkey .... well done on picking teh one correct thing G healy has said in a very long time..... Wink Wink

chalky 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:13 pm

drew, certainly not having a go. I just think the push for C Cloke might be a bit premature. And in so doing, set him up for failure not success, painting a target on his back for all the backstabbers not satisfied, nor convinced of, ruck potential.
I've only seen Cloke twice, played OK each time. But whether he can butt heads with senior bodies the likes of King, White etc is questionable IMO. You advocate "at least try him, what have we got to lose?" seems a positive, pro active call.
But if he fails, by any number of measures thrown at ruckmen these days, the ramifications could put his progress back
drew1602 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 6:24 pm

Chalky...this week is a perfect op to try Cam...no real big bodies in the ruck to worry to much about and even if he was to meet up with the likes of Hamil on Sat night it cant hurt him too much...remember Gardner at The Western oval 4 or so years ago with Danny Southern and Co giving him areal baptism of fire..and look at him now........

If we try him and he doesnt come up to the mark...Oh well ......we will at least know that next year will be his time....

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:18 pm

The local paper here in Williamstown stated that McG had 19 of his 45 possessions in the last quarter alone.
Hooked
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:20 pm

Looks like he needed 50 to be picked

lift your game mcg Rolling Eyes

TERRY
paulie 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:41 am

why can't we pick the hard at it player over the touch player in Williams with our chance to finish in the top four resting on this game surely this was the week to play MCG over Randy!!!!!
chalky 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 9:38 am

Drew, point taken. No problem with your reasoning. Well thought out

cheers
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 6:35 pm

Sorry drew162, I wasnt having a go. I was simply agreeing with Chalkys analysis on why we lost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: