Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

lets be honest

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The reality is we are playing badly, the reality is that WC should not have had that head start. The reality is that everyone lives in their own reality and they are going to believe what they want to believe, or what they actually believe is true. Most of all, the reality is, Collingwood is better than this. Last year probably set our sites a little high. We can and will play better.

Last edited by Joel on Wed May 21, 2003 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:01 pm

oh yeh and the reality is that last year doesnt count anymore, we lost, end of story.
this years points are still up for grabs and if they pull out their fingers they just mite be able to obtain a few more of them (points).
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:39 pm

REALITY CHECK! My point was simply that being realistic doesn't mean you are right and history of our performances last year proved that.

Reality seems to refer to some kind of past tense and fact can be derived from it.

Realistic seems to refer to some kind of future tense and is some kind of opinion. Can someone please let me know if my conclusions are correct. Cam or the Doc must have the credentials to set me straight on this one.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:59 pm

credentials, haha, yes lets get the experts in! Rolling Eyes
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:20 pm

The reality is, its not healthy to always be so anti everything, negative, pessimistic, moody, angry, cold, bitter and sarcastic.

CHEER UP DUDE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:52 am

i agree with cq with that was last year now is this year maybe opposition caches have done there homework on us but i think we havent played our best football yet.The next 4 games will indicate if the second half of the season becons a top 4 spot or just make the 8
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 9:26 am

All this talk of reality is giving me the shits.... everyone feels something and that's their REALITY.... and it's CORRECT and TRUE for that person....

and so everyone has different ideals of what 'support' is.... and no one's is worse and better.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:07 am

We have roughly the same cattle as last year, but a few inclusions who I believe have strengthened the squad if anything. Those same cattle have proven what they are capable of. It's not as if we through out all lasts years playing group and started again.

Agreed it is a different year this year but it's nice to know that the playing group are capable of pulling a couple out of the bag when our backs are to the wall.

I'm with you Assassin.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:47 am

Daniel wrote:
All this talk of reality is giving me the shits.... everyone feels something and that's their REALITY.... and it's CORRECT and TRUE for that person....

and so everyone has different ideals of what 'support' is.... and no one's is worse and better.

Which is what I said in my post at the top of the page.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 12:55 pm

I reckon our best is better than last year but our worst is worse than last year. If we can cut out the 20-40 minutes of poor play, we will be back on track. Need to win at least one of the next 2 and be 5-5. We then should win the next 8 in a row to be 13-5. We then have a tough 4 games and lets say we split them. We would finish 15-7 which would be top 4.
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 1:29 pm

i tend to think both sides of the arguments have good points hear.

The fact is we're playing shit footy. but......... we were playing shit footy before the finals last year and look what happened, that tells u that anything can happen and u shouldnt count your chickens before they hatch. ITS FOOTBALL PEOPLE!!! anything can happen. and we all know that.

I've got a really, REALLY good feeling about the next 10 weeks, we dont play the classiest sides but a wins a win and we need some wins on the board to gain some confidence.

i still think top 4 is very VERY realistic! GO PIES!!

Brown26 

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 2:04 pm

We aren't playing shit footy - well, the last two games haven't been shit footy - it's just not spectacular league smashing footy. And it's not good enough to beat teams like Brisbane and Port and Adelaide if they play well.

If you want to be realistic, playing like we are at the moment we will beat most teams in the AFL. at least 8 Razz

But that's not where we want to be, where the club or supporters want us to be. I have no problems winning 50 percent of our games until August, as long as we take the bull by the horns and have great form going into the finals. Realistically, whatever it infers, we will need to improve over the next few weeks if for nothing else to prove to ourselves that we ARE good enough, and this is only post Wizard Cup fatigue.

It's not realistic to say that we are good enough at the moment to win the premiership. It's not realistic to say that we are playing shit football (cause we're not) although it is very inconsistent.

It is realistic to expect us to improve, however there is a difference between expecting ot improve and actually seeing it in action. It's time to lift, the next 10 weeks could be 10 wins if the boys respond, let's hope so!

GO PIES
- Ben
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:38 pm

Well I believe we are only two games down from where I thought realistically we could have been. The brisbane and adelaide games were always going to be very difficult. Everything else was certainly winnable. At best IMO we could have been 6-2 at present.

So we went down to west coast, after fighting back from a very poor start and hitting the front late in the game. They are certainly our bogey side, but nevertheless are playing well ATM. Not by any stretch a humiliation losing to them. The swans game was embarrasing, enough said. The essendon game was also bad.

We are better than 9th, how much better it is too early to tell, but we are most certainly not far away. One thing I keep coming back to is that the improvement that we are capable of is frightening. Our best will beat anyone, I have no doubt about it.

TaZ_LuVs_EmIn3m Gemini

*~KeViN is GoRjOuZ~*

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:19 pm

i agree with ya anthony....we just need to find out why we r playing so bad and move on
Interesting more Sinkers than Floaters....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:09 pm

gee i wasnt far off with 7 wins and 5 losses. 6 and 6 i will settle for it maybe the loss against hawthorn maybe the stewing loss that may kick our season into gear.We havent played our best yet but time is slowly running out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: