Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Its far from over !!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:37 pm
Post subject: Its far from over !!Reply with quote

Let me explain something if you hear people praising the efforts of west coast and how good they are they are also praising collingwood because as i see things there is no difference between the two clubs with the exception of where they are currently on the ladder..let me further expalin west coast through very good football kicked a bag of goals in the opening 15 to 20 minutes of the first quarter ok they were excellent and we were very poor.
But then collingwood played very good football whilst west coast were very poor and made up that difference..can you see where i am comming from?
Late in the game we were 2 and a bit goals up i think and then west coast for ten minutes had the luck in play and won by 2 and a bit goals or whatever the winning margin was...the fact is west coast didnt win the game..collingwood lost the game that kick from rocca which bounced of the top of the goal post would of broken west coast's back...and come on be fair dinkum you wouldnt be able to hit the bloody top of the goal post for a million bucks.

Malthouse is no goose its fair to say he hasnt got collingwood up yet but its gonna be a long season no need at this very minute to be up and about playing your best footy i expect collingwood to be storming home hitting september very hard and full of confidence i currently rate this collingwood side as good as last years side..infact this collingwood side is very exciting..i wouldnt go worrying about anything at this stage of the season..we aint out of this by a longshot.

Yeah west coast were good but so was collingwood !!
Put this down in your little black book collingwood will bash the saints by a 10 goal plus victory next saturday.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Geoffy Pie 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joffa i love your outlook and totally agree and understand what you are saying. The team is definitely exciting and hopefully it's just a matter of time before they click into gear and steamroll home towards teh end of the season.
It will happen we just have to be patient

hotpies 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:57 pm

totally agree Joffa!
Collingwood is as good as any team in the competition, and probably even better, it's just that our Confidence needs to be boosted, we lost only cause we lost our confidence and energy in the last 10 minutes of the 4th quater. When your confidence goes and your energy we all know when playing footy your basically screwed.
If we didn't let them get those 8 goals in the opening quater, we would of won!
DAMM STRAIGHT JOFFA WE ARE GOING TO COME OUT FIRING AGAINST THE SAINTS!!!!
Molly Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:53 pm

the way i see it, a lot of the places in the 8 are going to be taken by interstate teams. If we can be one of the best two teams in melb, then we have a damn good chance of doing well again this yr.

we've only been beaten by one melb team so far - Essendon. If we can win most of the games against vic clubs, and win a few on the road, then we're not gone yet by a long shot!

A bit of confidence will take us a long way - but we do really need to start stringing a few wins together now.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:58 pm

We can make the 8 i have no qualms with that.

However my goal at the start of the year was a top 2 finish and a premiership. If we finish 5th or lower its unlikely that we would win a premiership from that position. Having all 6 interstate teams will more than likely mean a lot of travel for any melbourne clubs that make it.

Can you imagine have to travel to Western Australia in the first week then having to go to the SCG the next week.

jlc

Molly Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:00 pm

yeah i was hoping for top 4 again this year, but atm I'd be happy just to get into the 8. Its gonna be pretty hard either way though.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:02 pm

next week is HUGE people. apparently tickets are selling fast, so book your seats ASAP.

we HAVE to win. we gotta stop losing these winnable games.
magpie willow 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:13 pm

PALLY THATS AN EXCELLENT VIEW ON THINGS ITS FAR FROM OVER BRING IT ON EVERYONE I MIGHT SOUND STUPID TO SOME OF YOU BUT WERE STILL PREMIERSHIP CONTENDERS AND WE CAN TURN THIS AROUND NO WORRIES AT ALL BUT NEXT WEEK IS A MUST WIN AND WE SHOULD BEAT SAME OLD ST KILDA

CARNNNNNN THEEEEE PIEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!1

CARN THE PIES!!!!
Ian Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:58 pm

TOO RIGHT JOFFA - We need a 10 goal romping to get our confidence up against the Saints.At "Home" the week after and the season is still alive.Hope to see you at the 5th Quarter before the the Port game
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:37 pm

Thanks Joffa for your technical disection of the game. LOL

Yes, I can see where you're coming from and I do think that if we hadn't lost the momentum at the end we could have won.

I certainly agree with you on one thing though - how amazing was it that Rocca's kick for goal resulted in the ball bouncing on the top of the goalpost!

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:12 am

We have only had one game where I've thought "oh my, something to fear here" and that was essendon. In every single other game we have had periods of domination. I fear nobody and we have no reason to, just go back and have a look at periods of each game, bar essenscum, and see how we dominated.

It's only for 2 qtrs here and there but MM will have that to 4 qtrs by September. Keep faith, this team is going places!

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
swooper 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:57 pm

I love reading these positiive posts Very Happy Very Happy make me feel so much betteer when I am sitting here asking myself WHY, HOW etc and feeling like shit and having my weekend ruined and having to go into work on Monday and defend Collingwood against others and having to ...........thanks guys!!
GO PIES!!! Very Happy
pepstar 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 2:17 pm

everyone luvs to hate us.
Where have all these bitchmond supporters come from!!!
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 2:38 pm

Good stuff Joffa.

This is what it's all about. To be a Collingwood Supporter means you go through highs and lows. Like the saying goes "it ain't over till it's over". Let's just be patient and have everyone in form come the end of the year. We have had periods of each game (bar Anzac day - although parts of the 3rd were pretty good) where we have dominated. Maintaining that for 4 quarters will see us win more often than not.

Stick with it people, I can't wait for all the bitching come September re finals tickets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: