Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

JOFFA

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:02 am
Post subject: JOFFAReply with quote

Watching the replay to see if I could see any promising signs I noticed in the last quarter a close up shot of Joffa.

It was a sad sight at the "Man in Gold" always behind our team when we are down. Here was Joffa, face in hands with the look of that sinking feeling of another loss after the Weagles hit the front again in the last quarter.

Don't worry Joffa, you were not alone.

Promising signs? Well there was one "Richard Cole" he keeps impressing each game, but we really have to get back to some football basics and man up when we don't have the ball. That's junior football stuff.
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We were watching the game at the local pub here in adelaide.......and the bar was full of Collingwood supporters.......we were loud and proud....and when I saw that close up of Joffa.......his face and body language just put into place how we all felt. Hugs to Joffa.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:36 am

Thank goodness Joffa is real. If he wasn't he'd have a permanent smile like a club mascot which is BS (unless your in the suit, when hey, its a job)

Funny, i was up the other end looking exactly the same. I'm sure there were many many others as well. Cry together, laugh together, like Musketeers.
Chantal85 Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:09 pm

Good idea joffa, with explaining and telling everyone about the collingwood chant on the screen before the game yesterday. Unfortunately it still doesnt seem to be taking off very much. Keep at it though.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:14 pm
Post subject: JoffaReply with quote

Cool
The forlorn face of Joffa was mirrored right around the country,no less so than here in Maroochydore, however My sad face came from the relatively easy shots on goal that were missed at critical times in the game, none more important than the 35m poster from Pebbles to put us 20 points up half way through the last term. 1 goal 4 and 1 out of bounds from the spear head, while Embley kicks 4 staight from every where. Leon Davis wanting to kick the incredible goals across the body instead of running straight and kicking a bloody goal, then misses a sitter to stem the eagles run late in the final term.
Collingwood are are VERY good side as evidenced by our 7 goal behind comeback, but poor foot skills causing costly turnovers, and easy goal missess have to be addressed ,and soon!!
Bad kicking is bad footy, and when we address this situation, our side will win MANY more games.

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:58 pm

Glad to hear i wasn't picken me nose....Wink pheew!!!

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:01 am

Lucky they didn't catch me. The lip readers would have had a field day.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:24 am

That reminds me of a close-up of Greg Chappel mining a goober during world series cricket (I think it was Chappel anyway).
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:25 am

You looked how I felt Joffa, although my neighbours didn't need to lipread what I was saying. Apparently it was heard 4 doors down - my poor wife had to go to bed with the door closed. Not even she could handle me.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
lsdswooper 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:21 am
Post subject: Re Colingwood chantReply with quote

Looks like I'm going to have to take the bit between my teeth and sing collingwood chants on my own. joffa has tried literally everything (except hury Kury) to get collingwood supporters to sing.

Perhaps if we try doing some chants between 1/4's?

When the crowd isn't preoccupied with the game.

Anyway I vow to stand up and sing solo (and probably look a fool for it too) but if someone doesn't start taking this chanting serious, it's gong to experience a quick death.

When we get a run on eg 3rd quarter against the weagles, the Collingwood crowd resort to the tried and true "Collingwood clap, clap, clap" yer not bad, but we can do better than that.

We are not doing our famous passion, loyalty and love of collingwood any favours by not singing.

I listened to the FA Cup final on Sat night. If what they sing = 100% effort, then we at best get around 20% mark. And yet we are just as passionate about our club as any Arsenal or Southhampton fan??

My mate from Bolton (Now those dudes can sing LOUD) just laughed and said Aussies don't sing, they don't do it at the cricket, they don't do it here. And I reckon he might be right.

To the c/squad and maggie fans standing behind the c/sqaud, I salute you for having a go! Pity other folk don't feel the same way about this famous footy club

So if you hear or see this fool singing solo, it's probably me, don't sneer or laugh just join in.

I sat on Level 3, virtually no crowd participation, seems to disapate one bay either side of the cheer squad.

We have a long way to go! But by christ I'm gunna give it a red hot go! Confused Mad Sad
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 7:46 pm
Post subject: Re: Re Colingwood chantReply with quote

lsdswooper wrote:
Looks like I'm going to have to take the bit between my teeth and sing collingwood chants on my own. joffa has tried literally everything (except hury Kury) to get collingwood supporters to sing.

Perhaps if we try doing some chants between 1/4's?

When the crowd isn't preoccupied with the game.

Anyway I vow to stand up and sing solo (and probably look a fool for it too) but if someone doesn't start taking this chanting serious, it's gong to experience a quick death.

When we get a run on eg 3rd quarter against the weagles, the Collingwood crowd resort to the tried and true "Collingwood clap, clap, clap" yer not bad, but we can do better than that.

We are not doing our famous passion, loyalty and love of collingwood any favours by not singing.

I listened to the FA Cup final on Sat night. If what they sing = 100% effort, then we at best get around 20% mark. And yet we are just as passionate about our club as any Arsenal or Southhampton fan??

My mate from Bolton (Now those dudes can sing LOUD) just laughed and said Aussies don't sing, they don't do it at the cricket, they don't do it here. And I reckon he might be right.

To the c/squad and maggie fans standing behind the c/sqaud, I salute you for having a go! Pity other folk don't feel the same way about this famous footy club

So if you hear or see this fool singing solo, it's probably me, don't sneer or laugh just join in.

I sat on Level 3, virtually no crowd participation, seems to disapate one bay either side of the cheer squad.

We have a long way to go! But by christ I'm gunna give it a red hot go! Confused Mad Sad

That is fantastic mate everything you have said im afraid is 100 per cent true, but the cheersquad will persist we want to be the ignition to get this thing going around the outer if it doesnt work we will just do it ourselves its no drama really..what i noticed with interest last saturday was the weagle chant went up at about the 26 minute mark from both ends of the ground and im imbarrassed to say it sounded fantastic and yet we out numbered them very easily, maybe your right maybe the passion for collingwood is long gone maybe its a thing of the past lets hope not.
MAYBE the passion lives only in those who can remember the good old vic park days where passion was the admission ticket.

One day it may take on and go around the outer like wildfire and yet maybe not, its really saddening when the cheersqaud is singing and chanting and so many supporters just sit there in surrounding bays and in the section above and dont get stirred up amongst it all, the thing that frightens myself is a lot of them are young magpie supporters in there mid teens to late teens, we must pass the passion on and the younger magpie fans must grab the passion and never let it go, without passion for collingwood we will have no collingwood, passion is the very heartbeat of this club.
West coast have it
Sydney have it
Freo have it
yet we cant do it !!
Mate you stand with pride and join in anytime you want its not you who will look the fool but sadly those around you who wont join in who will look the fools we must always celebrate our love for collingwood win, lose,draw, premiershipsand wooden spoons.

The cheersquad will persist in this long slow coll...ing..wood chant what a pity and a shame others wont it couldone of be the greatest things to happen in the outer for years.
cheers mate
and thanks
joffa

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:57 pm

great posts joff & lsdswooper.

it's a fact - australian crowds just ain't as loud as crowds overseas. maybe that's because we're just lazy, i dunno. but i do know the passion is there, it's in everyone, it just needs to be harnessed.

of course, winning helps. and when we hit the front in the third quarter on saturday, how WICKED did it all sound? i love those moments.
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:55 pm

Hey everyone!

Dont worry, on 23rd August, I will be at the Northern Darlings v Collingwood here in Sydney. Trust me, our chants will be heard at Victoria Park!!!

I hope you can get the crowd singing properly, make Collingwood matches the GRAVE YARD for other team...

fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:12 am

I was watching the anzac game from last year yesti and I could hear the chant around the ground then. At the Adelaide game last week the chant was really pumping and sounded like it was over the loud speakers.
lsdswooper 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:16 am

The feedback on this singing topic is great, at least we all know we have to pull our finger out! I reckon the interstate sydney match is going to go off! maybe it's the the bonding that goes on being a minority.

The collingwood cheer squad sounded it's best when interstate eg port last year and adelaide this year. WTF!?

One thing i forgot to mention, the circle is easily the highlight for me, the sound and noise generated recently at the g was amazing.

So perhaps I was a little pessamistic in my previous comment.

But we have to harness that circle energy for our players during the game, so they get that intense support they need and deserve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: