Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Josh Fraser

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 10:51 pm
Post subject: Josh FraserReply with quote

Note: This isn't going to be a bagging session of Josh Fraser, just some helpful tips that need to he shared with the young Magpie ruckman. I am serious when I say this isn't going to be bagging.

Now that I got that out of the way, the problem with Josh is that he is lacking confidence (most of the team is really..) he can be one of the best ruckmen in the AFL if he got some help getting some confidence. I think that the Collingwood Coaching Staff, needs to sit him down and give him some kind words, not bag him, just tell him what he is doing wrong and give him a run with the VFL side Williamstown. Then once he works out what is wrong, he can be a very good assit to the Collingwood Football Club. Yes I have bagged him in the past, and that is only because I see some talent in him, like with a few other players that are down right now. I hope he can work out of his form slump, he does some very good things during a game, but then he does some stupid things, which in the past cost us a game (Anzac Day Vs Essendon '00)

I know, even Steve McKee isn't so hot right now, but things will change, with the right coaching, or the right words. Whichever, could help Fraser and/or McKee play good football, that Collingwood needs right now. I hope he works it all out and makes a good ruckman, I think (not real sure though) that James Manson had some bad games, and came right and once Josh proves that can be a good ruckman Collingwood may actually start winning in the ruck.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 10:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he can.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:07 pm

Josh is improving every game. He still goes to ground too much, probably coz thats how he played as a kid. But his tapping is getting better, 14 hitouts against the Eagles? Fine effort that will only go up and up. He's 21, he won't start to put on serious weight until he's 23, 24 or 25 when his metabolism starts to slow down.

When i played at 21 i was 5'10 75 kgs...did weights.. a few summers of doing nothing and seasons without training and i was 100, now i'm back to 90 (coz i looked and the mirror and thought sh!te, you know what i mean Smile . Josh won't have time off to get a gut like i did, but his weight adding measures will start having more of an impact upon his frame. At the moment his metabolism, like all young people, is burning too fast for anything to stick on there and make him heavier. But it will change in a couple or few years. Keep the faith and let him learn.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:00 am

I don't believe my temper has been as hot as it is reading this post. Josh was the very reason we started to claw our way back into the game. He nullified Gardiner to the point where our midfield got on top.

Watch the bloody game for christs sake. Josh was bloody awesome! In our best players if you ask me. Well done Josh, great effort! Keep up the good work.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Bartros Scorpio

THIS ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:58 am
Post subject: Why is Josh the first one to get a bagging each week!Reply with quote

I have one question for you why is Josh the first one to get a bagging as soon as the team is starting to lose a few games!!!!

I am thinking that some people on this board dont have much of an idea!!

Ruckman take time to mature. You have alook at all the decent ruckman playing for example Primus he is around the the 30 year old mark and he is just starting to play his best footy . Rucking is and art form and it takes time to get it right..

I would like to see some of you who bag Josh play against pruims and play half as good as Josh !!!!!!

Josh keep up the good work!!!!!

RIP Bobby Rose Snr
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:43 pm

Prototype.... seriously.... why post this the week that Josh played his best game of footy for the year?
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:07 pm

Josh nullified, if not beat, Gardner
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:16 pm

I agree Daniel. The poor guy always cops a roasting on here when we lose. Give him a break. Hes doing ok.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:09 pm

I WASN'T bagging Josh Fraser, read the post carefully.... I was saying that he still needs to improve...Why did I post it? Because I feel he still isn't playing that great, sure he's playing ok, but in the ruck he needs a little work. Oh yeah, Blanch, I watched the "bloody game" in the ruck Collingwood were cleary getting thrashed...

Okay,cleary no one read the part where I said This isn't going to be a bagging session of Josh Fraser, just some helpful tips that need to he shared with the young Magpie ruckman. I am serious when I say this isn't going to be bagging.

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:41 pm

Prototype wrote:
Oh yeah, Blanch, I watched the "bloody game" in the ruck Collingwood were cleary getting thrashed...
[/b]

We'll agree to disagree then. I don't think Josh got killed in the ruck at all. Stats will show that when Josh went into the ruck we outscored them and our clearances outnumbered the eagles. Clearly Collingwood were not getting thrashed in the ruck as suggested. Once again I'd ask you to maybe take another look at the game.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:55 pm

Send me a tape of the game and I will...but my opinion still won't change, I agree with people when they say he is a good player, but sometimes he can do very stupid things. I have been thinking this for awhile I didn't make this comment because we lost, one player doesn't make the whole team. It just seems I have an opinion and other's instead of dissagreeing and leaving it at that, I get bagged (which I knew was coming anyways, so I am not worried at all) Like someone else said "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one" I guess my opinion should have been kept between me and the 3 former Tasmanian football players (Note: this players are players that played in local leagues and stuff) They are saying worse then I said...And I didn't even bag him.

hermie Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:06 pm

josh is good below his knees for a big man.he goes to ground alot but he gets the ball out at ground level alot same as mckee
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:10 pm

i still think josh is more on a centre half foward player, i dont think he suits the ruck
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:11 pm

Lone Ranger 37 wrote:
Josh nullified, if not beat, Gardner
didnt gardiner get B.O.G?
Josh needs to get more of the footy around the ground & take more marks
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:23 pm

what gardiner got were quite a lot of BS frees. I too thought the pies took over when fraser when into the middle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: