Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

I'm so angry

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody hell, it comes down to the facts that:

-we started slow
-we hit the frickin post 5 times

in between:
-we got our matchups right
-we choked them in the middle & around the ground.
-kicked 14 goals to 6 after the first 10 minutes, and before the last 10
-gardiner got 3 or 4 bullsh!t nothing frees
-tarrant was getting physically abused again when he was inside 50 (what the F#$@ does the third umpire on the ground do FFS!!!!? why isn't he watching where the ball is going while the other two are controlling the play its getting F@!#$@#$ ridiculous. Everyone lets Tarrant mark outside 50, but when he's near goal he gets more attention than a middle-eastern vest salesman at an airport.)

Buckley was sensational. Its a shame he can't win the centre bounce, knock it to himself, handball to himself running past and then kick it to a leading clone of himself who would then nail it from 50. We've only got one of him and he's a champion. People can make you look ineffectual by not capitalising on your hard work. No-one works harder on and off the ball than Bucks.

NO-ONE.
carnthepies1 

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 1:47 am

That 1st qtr was dissgraceful, it should never have happened. We played like the Dawks.
I don`t really care that people say " What a come back" re: the other qtr`s , by the last, we should have been at least 4 to 5 goals ahead.
Get your act together guys , you are supposed to be in the elite competition , but you can`t even kick the ball straight.
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:58 am

surprised at the criticism of fraser on here - thought it was easily his best game in a long time. rucked pretty much the entire last 3 quarters against easily the best big man in the comp(forget what wallsy says - primus is a hack compared to gardiner). didnt get much of the footy but contested hard, made gardiner reasonably accountable and his work in packs was excellent. his effort was one of the few positives i could find out of the game. he's not a permanent fix in the ruck but he did his job ok today. pull out the cheque book eddie - we need luke darcy's signature.
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:40 am

agree re Josh.... I thought he played a very good game. Contested well and great at ground level and around the ground.

but as for getting Darcy.... r u aware he's only had 17 more hitouts than McKee this year?

Tarrant - presented well, attacked the ball well, marked well BUT could not translate the damage onto the scoreboard.

For the Buckley bashers - u seriously need to take stock of where u r at. If u cannot see brilliance when it's staring u in the face, week-in-week-out, why do u bother with life?
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 11:02 am
Post subject: Buckley is the fairest and bestReply with quote

Cakewalk wrote:
Quote:
Oh FFS! he was as much to blame as every other player out there for what we saw today.

Maybe you should rewatch the game Collingwood's best player and possibly BOG.

Buckley will get the 3 votes from this game. It was the best game he has played in a long time. Maybe he knew woey was not going to be there for him this week......or maybe woey's big week last week inspired him.

kiwipie Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 3:25 pm

The team noted several weeks ago that they needed to correct their tendency to fade out at the end of quarters- this still hasn't been addressed. Also, did anyone else feel like me in the last 10 mins of the game that Rocca should have been brought in as ruckman because it was obvious that Fraser was gonna get slaughtered there.
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 7:27 pm

I agree with you Alf and Cam.
Buckley was, as always, instrumental in stopping the WC onsloaght and getting us back into the game.

Tess, I have no idea why you constantly put the blame on Bucks when there are at least 18 other players out there who did no better.

I suppose you think the umpiring was good too?

Sorry, that was just a stupid, ridiculous comment - no-one could possibly think that - could they?

Last edited by stik35 on Mon May 19, 2003 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:42 am

tessa403 wrote:
Cakewalk wrote:
Buckley will soon have stress fractures in his back from carrying the team.

Oh FFS! he was as much to blame as every other player out there for what we saw today. Evil or Very Mad

I`m f***ing ropeable!

Tess, I thought you'd put all this Buckley-bagging behind you and finally seen the light, but obviously not! You and prototype outta watch the game again - Buckley was absolutely brilliant. Every possession was class personified, and pinpoint accurate. Even James Brayshaw was on MMM this morning giving accolades to the Magnificent Nath (this from a man who has admitted to not liking Nath very much).

It doesn't count for much, i know, as we lost the game, but certainly Nath can hold his head up high, knowing he tried his absolute best.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:11 am

Daniel wrote:

but as for getting Darcy.... r u aware he's only had 17 more hitouts than McKee this year?

It could be because he isn't interested in playing for the Dogs.

Yesterday, I heard the commentators say on the radio during the Dogs V Carlton match, that Darcy didn't look interested.
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:36 am

That is true Tess - apart from the fact that Bucks does NOT get all the accolades - not from the media and certainly not from you.
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:47 am

Tess, of course Nath would be gutted that we lost. I heard his interview on MMM and he certainly sounded annoyed. I am saying though that he, as well as some others (Ant, Tazza, Molloy, O'Bree, Lica...), did try their absolute best. And if you watch his game closely, it is one of his best ever in terms of the cleanness of his disposals and his tackling, and hard ball gets. It is not his fault that we lost - in fact, other than continued problems in the ruck which accounted for the Weagles onslaught at the beginning of the match (not Josh's fault either, I might add, as I think he did well when he was switched there), we played a pretty good game. Just the Weagles played better - it happens! Why do we have to blame individual people?

I am sick to death of people bagging Nathan (as I have said in another thread). I expect it from opposition supporters, but not from our own. The loyalty and committment he has shown to our club is without question and for that we should be grateful.

Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 12:21 pm

tessa.... I think your criticism ough to be directed at where the problem lies, and if u've been watching this year, that's NOT Buckley.

Take a look at Williams, Johnson, Davis, Fraser, Lonie, Lokan, McKee, Woewodin and co.... who are all up and down (and for some like Williams and Johnson, just down) and not providing enough support to Buckley, Lica, Burns, Rocca and Tarrant.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:04 pm

Sick of hearing about hit outs Evil or Very Mad
If the hit out is not effective, who cares!!!!!! Is a handball good if it misses the target?
Josh played a good game and nullified, if not beat, Gardner. How some in the media gave him BOG is beyond me. First quarter he was good but Josh stopped him. I would think Gardner had may 5 effective hitouts after quarter time. Would someone who got 5 handballs be BOG???

We were one goal away from beating the Eagles by 6 goals ... they were hanging on by a thread and we just kept missing goals. One more goal and the eagles would have dropped their heads and been steamrolled.

We should not be in that position though ... you CANNOT keep playing catch up footy. I think Josh may just about be ready to start in the ruck.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:12 pm

I agree with Alf and Cam.

I beleive theres alot of positives to draw from the game. We lost the game pretty much in 20 mins of bad footy. The rest was good. To come back from so far behind showed great character. I just wonder would some of these issues be discussed if we won instead of lettingthem kick the last few.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: