Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Richard Cole

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:44 am
Post subject: Richard ColeReply with quote

What did everyone think of his game last nite?? I thought he did very well, he didnt get alot of possessions but i thought his tackling game and hardness at the ball was excellent.
Well Done RIchard
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

He was good when he was on, he made a great break through the guts but unfortunately he took a little too long to kick it. He showed signs that he is a quality footballer. I would love to see him in the side next week.
DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 11:52 am

For the time he was on he made an impact. Must cope with pace of AFL better as his one weakness is believing he has more time than he has (gets caught quite a lot). However, more time at the elite level should condition him to the pace and timing required.
Kenno25 

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 12:02 pm

I thought he did well, especially with his tackling, at one stage he laid 3 good tackles within a couple of minutes. Also had a hand in a couple of goals that resulted in Didak and Williams scoring. That time he got caught with the ball wasn't totally his fault, he had teammates near him who should have let him know he was "hot". Overall a solid effort, should retain his spot in the side
AB35 

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:02 pm

I'm rapt. Richard's a great prospect - fast and hard at it. The best is yet to come. Rapt also with Broadie and Shaw. These 3 could make all the difference to our season if they continue to develop. Just need Heath to find some touch.
Ev5Magpies Virgo

Ev5Magpies

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:03 pm

Last night was the first time since last year that I had seen him, my first impressions were that he's bulked up a bit, a pre-season in the body shop doing weights and the results speak for themselves.

I thought he did well though, as Kenno25 said he should keep his spot in the side.

Leonin5=star 

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:14 pm

i thought cole was great..made some crucial tackles to stop the crows running away..won the one on one contests.. set up 2 goals in the third quarter when he went into the forward line..and was hard at it!!
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:15 pm

I thought his tackling was excellent and he ceetainly has filled out alot from the last time we saw him play seniors......He looks the goods.

Cheers

Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:31 pm

My first impression was the same as Ev5's. He's bulked up and he's strong and more composed. He showed a lot last night in work rate which is fantastic coz we all know he has talent.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:59 pm

yeh his tackling was great, maybe he can teach some of the others in the team how to do it!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 10:57 pm

He had a good game in parts, but he still needs to get onething right in his game, and that is that when he is running he needs to quickly get rid of the ball. He got cought twice last night, is really isn't a problem yet but if he runs out from the backline and gets cought he could give away a free kick that ends and it could end in a goal. Don't think I am bagging him, he's talented, he's still got some ways to go, but once he improves even more he's going to be one of the top stars at Collingwood. It's just that one thing that he needs to work on, I hope that with his speed he can get the ball off a little faster.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:14 pm

Richie was awesome. He was hard at the ball all night, committed and determined. His tackling was an inspiration and i would think he has down enough to earn a spot against the Eagles.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
pies4ever Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 2:20 pm

i thought both cole and holland both played a great game,coles tackling was great put in a great effort,and holland played well down around the backline..

cheers bryan..!!
NICK THE PIE MAN 

Nick's BB veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:14 pm

What I do like about him is that he can tackle. Remember the Sydney game? No one could tackle for sh*t.

Although he was in my bad books for awhile on Saturday night. (I can't stand it when players get run down from behind because they held it too long. My pet peeve. "WHEN IN DOUBT, JUST KICK IT TO THE BLOODY HOT-SPOT!") BUT...he did make up for it beautifully a few minutes later when a great handball off the deck led to a Didak goal in the forward 50.

I hope they keep him in the side, because, as Tony Shaw would say, "He has a red-hot go." Smile
natkingcole 

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:44 pm
Post subject: ColeReply with quote

Cole is a classy player. He just has to get his head together. His weight in the record is listed as 93 kg so he has the weight to play in a negating role in the backline. He just has to start adapting to the tempo of AFL footy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: