Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Captain's club Cocktail Party

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bec Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

im going by myself, as my friend cant go so id love to meet up with some people but im really shy when i meet new people for the first time so i wouldnt b doing much talking i dont know why i would be though we r all collingwood faithful i guess
Natalie 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:20 pm

sounds good. See you there.
Natalie 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:30 pm

Bec,

I'm going by myself too so don't be too worried about that. I'm not exactly an outgoing person myself (more introvert than extrovert) but I took the plunge Sat night and met up with some people from Nick's for the first time and it was great (I attend games by myself so it was great to be sociable for a change). So don't be shy, come and say hi and have a chat.
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:53 pm

It must be the night for going by yourself because I am in that group as well. Shame we can't bring a guest with us my sister has been driving me nuts all weekend trying to talk me out of my invite, first she tried bribing me then she cooked dinner and tried to poison me so it's obviously something that people want to go too.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:43 pm

The only time I've been to the Cocktail party was quite a few years ago now and you could take a guest for free. Then I noticed they started charging something like $60 per head for guests and now it doesn't even seem to be an option. I guess with more members now they probably don't want the attendance number to be too high.

GO PIES!
Marg
bec Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:32 pm

i didnt come meet u guys cos i didnt check this again to see where u guys were meeting lol silly, but i had a great night anyway got a photo witht he very sexy shane woewodin whoo hoo been after that since he came to collingwood Laughing
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:56 pm

well i've just got home from the cocktail party.........woooo hooooo 40,000 members!!!!!! oops, was that what Eddie didn't want us to tell anyone til Wednesay?

What a great night, great to see the boys on a high after saturday's win!

Sorry, i didn't catch up with anyone from here....was too busy getting autographs!

And the best of the night, i had my Legends Membership signed by the Legend himself, Peter McKenna.

junkboy75 Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:58 pm

it was the best night!! I had a great time. Collingwood and Eddie deserve to be congratulated for putting up such a fantastic event for the members. the Palladium Room is a great venue, it was wall to wall food, and the beers were flowing freely! (which I took FULL advantage of). it was great to honour the great Peter Mckenna, as this year's Legend, and it was a good effort to see many of the players, considering that they have an important game on this friday night in adelaide. I also shook Tarkyn's hand and got my picture taken with him! Smile

seems a few of you ladies did not have a date. if anyone from Vic (or elsewhere) wants to hook up next year (or for the Copeland or B&W Ball) PM me! I usually go with a bunch of friends but the more the merrier!! Smile
Fradam Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:54 am

Well sadly for a few of the girls they had to stand around with me all night. I was dissapointed nobody gets to kick a sherrin around. Having said that the company was good and it was a good night. I also think Nat could give Joffa's gold jacket a decent run with her green velvet jacket, very impressive.
pepstar 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 12:20 pm

It was fantastic.
Next year we'll have it at our own NEW SOCIAL CLUB.

woohoo
Natalie 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 12:20 pm

LOL Fradam, very funny about the jacket. Lucky I wore the green one and not my black one, you all would have been stumped as to who I was!!! Anyways, it was great to meet you and Marg and Mel, had a great night.

Didn't even think to get McKenna to sign my membership seeing as I took it with me. And next time, I'm taking my camera and getting a photo with Mick, I just love the man he's so fantastic (even when he was coaching the Coasters I loved him- well you know what I mean).

Great to see so many players, all looking the goods in their suits. And memberships, totally blew me away. Just fantastic and you can't go past Eddie's enthusiasm. He has got to be the BEST President going around. What he's done and is doing the club now and for the future. We are all so lucky. Although I think a change in the MCG's name is on foot - Mighty Collingwood Ground???

As for meeting up at future functions or games, I'm up for it. I go to games by myself as it is so it's always great to meet new people, have a drink and a chat.
Elvira Pisces

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 12:55 pm

WOW, what a brilliant night the Collingwood Football Club put on for us members. The venue was absolutely gorgeous but what really made it look so great was of course “the Collingwood supporters" and the huge prints of the players which were plastered all over the walls of the Palladium. Kristin asked me to try and pinch the one of Nath "now why doesn’t that surprise me" You should have seen the look on her face when she saw Nath signing autographs and taking photos with fans, she was absolutely gob smacked. She was sooo surprised to see Nathan there, t'was somthing she really didnt expect.

It was wonderful to see the great Nathan Buckley, Lica, Woey, TAZZA, Jimmy & Josh in attendance. The boys looked very smart and were very polite & very patient considering they were swamped with people trying to get photos etc…

A HUGE thanks to everyone at the Collingwood Football Club who helped to organise such a successful night & thanks to all “us” 40,000 members for our support in making this club the biggest and the best!!
MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 2:27 pm

It was a really good night, it was put together really well and no one wanted for anything in terms of food or drinks. It was a nice bonus to go along with your membership, we all buy the membership to go to see the footy and for the chance of getting really good finals seats but something like last night was an added bonus.

It was great catching up with everyone, it was very amusing standing in the foyer with Marg and Fradam watching everyone walking in looking for the green jacket. It's funny meeting people from here because you feel like you already know them reasonably well and then your looking around in a crowd and in most cases you have no idea what anyone looks like.

Natalie I know what you mean I go to the majority of games by myself as well and that's why I find the cricketers is good because you walk in hardly knowing any one and after 5 or 10 min you really feel part of a group.
Natalie 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:53 pm

Mel, completely agree with you about feeling like you know people from here even though you've never met them. That's what I love about it.
We've all got the same thing in common, and it's a great starting point for meeting new people. None of my friends are into footy, and the ones that are I don't see anymore.

I went to the Cricketers for the 1st time Grand Final day and it was great. I went by myself, end up chatting to a few people and it was really good.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:58 pm

Wow sounds like yous all had a blast. I think ill have to upgrade from Social Club to Legends/Captains membership next year.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: