Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

HOW TO BEAT ADELAIDE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:38 am
Post subject: HOW TO BEAT ADELAIDEReply with quote

yes before you say should'nt this be in the coll v adelaide thread i think it deserves a thread of it own....

1-shutdown there midfield or break even with them in clearances(licuria big job on mcleod goodwin under injury cloud)
2-Kick early goals to shut crowd up
3-Smart out injured must expose this weakness please fowards take note
4-To the players enjoy it run and run how do you know if you dont try it
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to dominate in the ruck we all know what Clarke and Biglands did to us in the Wizard Cup Final.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:01 am

peter_pies4ever wrote:
We need to dominate in the ruck we all know what Clarke and Biglands did to us in the Wizard Cup Final.

Yeah, and like that is going to happen. We need to nullify their ruck and smash their midfield. They have some quality forward that need shuttting down, so the backline must lift and be very accountable. Meanwhile, our forward, which hasn't been playing that bad (except for the Essendon game) must continue with any good form they have.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 6:15 pm

Agreed Joel. I dont think we can diminate in the ruck but we need to make sure their ruck doesnt get on top of us, we need to dominaste in other areas to make up for it.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:57 pm

to win, we need to go direct, quick and long, isolate tarrant in the goal square and keep everyone out of his site! rocca about 40 out and kick it long! dont chip around PLEASE. dont go along the boundaries and shit. PUT PRESURE ON OPP DEFENDERS!
hscotland29 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:36 pm

We in need to go through the centre as opposed to flirting along the boundry line, it was riduculous to watch great players like presti not backing themselves and the abilities of his team to mark the ball.

Adelaide will provide pressure Rolling Eyes on the ruck and we have to assume the worst but that means our little guys have to go in hard and low and our crumbers have to destroy the opposition!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:52 pm

Easy. If the angry direct pies come out we will belt them like last time we played them over there. If its close at 3/4 time watch out.
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:03 am

Cloke is bound to play. MM will recall him prior to the game. We've had troubles with Bassett playing up forward in previous games and I suspect Ayres will try the same thing again.

However, as CC and HS29 have said.... the only way we are going to win is if we are first to the ball and play more directly.
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:19 pm

I think the Key is to kick goals early to shut them up, but also be very cautious of the run they will make at us in pegging a few back, the only way to stem that sort of tide by kicking a couple to maintain a healthy lead. Good sides no matter how well you play against them will always put in a good 10-12 minutes and if you are less than 10 goals in front you are in danger unless you can counter atleast onece or twice during that period.

Cheers

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 2:09 pm

its going to be wet the team with the most determination and endevour will win this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: