Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Did we lose more than 4 points against Brisbane?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which game hurt the club more?
Brisbane
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Brisbane
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Essendon
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Essendon
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Swans
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
Swans
17%
 17%  [ 6 ]
None of them. the teams OK
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
None of them. the teams OK
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 34

stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 3:48 pm
Post subject: Did we lose more than 4 points against Brisbane?Reply with quote

Did we lose more than 4 points against Brisbane?
This is a question I put forward to one of my friends after the Brisbane game.
I was a little concerned at how hard we had to play to get a goal and how easy it was for them. When they kicked those goals before halftime I said to my friend “shit there coming.”

The problem is that that game zapped our confidence. I guess that’s what happens when you throw away a game you were in control of. It was like a heavyweight Boxing match, where the challenger (Collingwood) took on the champ (Brisbane). At one stage the challenger had the champ against the rope and looked to be toying with him. It was the sixth round (coming into half time), the challenger looked to be in control, then the champ turned it on with a swift combination that dropped the challenger.

After that, the challenger rather than continuing to show off his skills, in an almost arrogant fashion as he did earlier, he began to go into his shell too worried about being knocked out.

He ended up losing on points, but had he continued down the same path he may have taken the title back home.

You see, this is how Collingwood is playing at the moment, too worried about being knocked out, that is they are too defensive.

Against Adelaide, I say we go for a knockout, rather than just try to win on points. As Adelaide is one of the highest ranked challengers, knocking them out will give us confidence to take on the champ again.

Am I on the money or just full of sh#@!?

Cheers,
Stoid
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats easy. As much as i hated losing to Brissie, it was always gonna be a huge ask to win. Even though losing to Sydney was humiliatinmg, we got within 20 points in one good quarter. The game that absolutely shattered me was against Essenscum. We were killed all over the ground and appeared to roll over and die. It was humiiating and heartbreaking.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:24 am

The Swans game was the worst in my view.

The performance against Brisbane was disappointing, but not disgraceful.

On ANZAC Day we were beaten by a side that played some pretty inspired footy. I've got no doubt that will be the high spot of Essendon's season. They just had one of those days when they could do no wrong. And they are a fairly classy side anyway.

The Swans, on the other hand, are trash. They are the worst team in the AFL by a mile ... and the worst club in League history. Losing to them was humiliating for all concerned. And having that spineless turncoat, Nick Davis, kick the fat lady's goal just rubbed salt into the wound. That loss really felt demoralising.

It's the sort of loss that could completely destroy our season. On the other hand, it could make our season ... depending on how the players respond. But you'd think they would have been sufficiently stung by ANZAC Day to have played a whole lot better against the Swans.

There is no doubt in my mind that we played a lot worse against the Swans than we did against Essendon. And the confidence among players and supporters would have to be at rock bottom right now.
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:27 am

I tend to agree with Stoid on this.

Although I dont think it was the goals the Brisbane kicked late in the second, it was the easy goals we missed during that quarter and for the majority of the game. I was there and at half time I said our misses in that quarter could cost us big time.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I beleive we hit the post 5, possibly 6, times during the Brisbane game. Thats what cost us the game.
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:04 pm

We definitely did lose more than the 4 points, our confidence and run has been shot the last 2 weeks.

However I think we're going to get more than 4 points out of our next match, the Crows are going to cop it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: