Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Josh Fraser

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:09 pm
Post subject: Josh FraserReply with quote

I love josh fraser i reckon when in top form he's just about one of the best
and we've seen josh in action he's brilliant.
However it is my belief josh isnt a ruckman he's slightly built and gets knocked away from the contest too easily i'd like to see him at centre half foward..as a running centre half foward i reckon he would be sensational at times it looks as though our centre half backs and midfield are struggling to find a target at centre half foward/full foward, to me its not a good sign when the ball keeps being delivered into the pockets, football hasnt changed that much get it out of the centre kick long into the forward line josh fraser at centre half foward would be the ideal set up and with tarrant lurking in the goal square would be a dangerous combination.
Im feeling sorry for josh he's out of form and he's trying too hard and when he stuff's up he's dropping the head its frustrating to watch he's not far from turning it around a couple of good grabs a goal here and there will lift his confidence..we need josh to be enjoying his football once again a return to form for josh will be a return to form for collingwood thats how highly i rate josh fraser
He needs to get out there and once again just enjoy playing footy when you dont put yourself under mountains of pressure its amazing what you can achieve.
Im looking forward to seeing josh take football park apart this saturday night..good luck josh we need ya mate.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Joff, what would think if CFC did with Josh what The Aints have done with Riewoldt, and that is to play him on the wing.

This would allow him to move around and find space, and consequently, get touches, which in turn would give him a lift in confidence.

Hooked
BUCKS 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:22 pm

good thinking dale 61 Smile
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:27 pm
Post subject: JoshReply with quote

Cool
I have to agree Joffa that Josh at CHF would be a great thing, but unfortunately we haven't got the ruckmen to cover this, unless Pebbles and Josh changed at CHF and McKee roamed the backline, or do you think Pebbles should take over the change ruck on a permanent basis ?

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:30 pm

I would rather see josh in a key position i think some players get lost playing on the wing, a rampant josh roaming the half foward line has me drooling all over the keyboard..at centre half foward he becomes a target he can mark and when he gets on the boot he can kick there is no doubt about that..also with someone like josh at centre half foward he will bring the crumbers into business

Joffa Corfe

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:37 pm

LOL chrissy tarrants leads are getting bigger and bigger sometimes he's marking the ball 60 to 70 meteres from goal when this happens i would like to see josh smack bang in the middle of the goal square or running hard into the goal square he has a fantastic leap when on the run

Joffa Corfe

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:14 pm

I can see where you are coming from, Joffa, but you are looking at what would be good for the future. My suggestion is for now.

Josh is not playing well, as we all would agree, and something needs to be done to get his confidence back. No point in giving him a run at Williamstown as this would only take away what little confidence he has left.

Get him up the ground, roaming between HB and HF, which could help in Tazz not having to lead so far up the ground and allowing him to take shots within his range.

Then, we'll have Lones, with his pin-point passes streaming down one wing, and Josh, with his natural athletic ability, getting possessions on the other, which in turn gives Tazz one extra option and keeping him within range. This would not only help Josh, but give Tazz that extra boost as he won't have to worry about much else other than kicking a bagful.

But, we all have opinions, and this is mine for now.

Hooked
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:24 pm

When Josh is under the pump he goes to ground to easy, when his confidence is up he attacks and moves forward.

Hard choice whether to drop him or not as we do not have quality tall players in the reserves.

He along with many other players confidence is down and we all know that can change with a few wins. It's in thier hands.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 2:11 pm

Yep im with you on this one Joffa. Josh would be awesome in the future roaming around the forward line or i even like the idea of Josh on a wing but i agree also that we just dont have the rucking strength to do this. Josh is serviceable in the ruck, and him and Mckee arent too bad but it would be lovely to have the kind of ruckman that allows Josh to become a damaging forward. We can only dream.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
CP 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 2:41 pm
Post subject: Re: Josh fraserReply with quote

joffa_the_man_in_gold wrote:
..as a running centre half foward i reckon he would be sensational at times it looks as though our centre half backs and midfield are struggling to find a target at centre half foward/full foward...

Geez, I thought Champagne Chris was sitting atop the tables for "Marks" and "Contested Marks". HE'S OUR CHF - PERIOD!!!

Whilst Chris is on fire as CHF, there's no point getting Josh lost in the mix. I my opinion, he's been fairly good in the ruck in patches. To take the pressure off a bit, I wouldn't mind seeing him take the centre bounces, then either play loose around the middle whilst McKee does the following, or stay put in the goalsquare and provide the emrgency long-bomb contest. He's dangerous around goals and bloody hard to match up on.

We need him in the ruck though. You can't become a top-line ruckman by playing everywhere but. He's doing a better job than what he's getting credit for at the moment.
stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:47 pm

Josh can not be a CHF unless he learns to mark the ball.
At the moment I think the wing eould be great for him, lots of room for a big bloke to run around.
If his marking improves out of sight, then yes he would be great at CHF, changing ruck.
He should not be played from the pocket, coz this clogs our forward line. Tazza needs space to lead into.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:13 pm

Im not knocking taz but if his leads become any bigger he'll be lining up from full back..tazz is dominating the full foward area we need someone to stand and become a focal point at centre half foward, its my opinion but if you'be got someone blitzing on the half foward line the game's over
i dont like the idea of josh on the wing and i cant expalin why i just dont like him there.

Joffa Corfe

CP 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:35 pm

Im not knocking taz but if his leads become any bigger he'll be lining up from full back..tazz is dominating the full foward area we need someone to stand and become a focal point at centre half foward...

You seem a little conflicted there, Joff.

One minute, Taz is taking all over up the ground, the next he's dominating the full forward area.

Truth be told, Taz is playing the way gun CHF's go about playing the position (think Tredrea, Brereton, vintage Schwarz and Carey) - he's doing his thing basically from the centre of the park to the goals. The fact is that Rocca is a better forward option than Fraser at the moment given his ability to take a contested grab and split packs.

Taz IS dominating the half-forward line, but the reason it isn't "game over" as you put it, is because Rocca isn't providing enough of a target closer to goal. This is where Josh COULD slot in - be a goalsquare option and leave the leading and heavy stuff to Anthony.

Truth be told, unless we move the ball quicker it won't matter who plays where - we'll be stuffed!
drew1602 Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:42 pm

CP wrote "Taz IS dominating the half-forward line, but the reason it isn't "game over" as you put it, is because Rocca isn't providing enough of a target closer to goal. This is where Josh COULD slot in - be a goalsquare option and leave the leading and heavy stuff to Anthony.

Truth be told, unless we move the ball quicker it won't matter who plays where - we'll be stuffed![/quote]

Couldnt agree with you more, the set up you mention here is a perfect mix, and with Didak and Leon skirting the packs ( not contesting marks) our forward line WILL fire.....as long as we get it on to them quickly and deliver with some accuracy...

Last edited by drew1602 on Wed May 07, 2003 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:43 pm

CP wrote:
Im not knocking taz but if his leads become any bigger he'll be lining up from full back..tazz is dominating the full foward area we need someone to stand and become a focal point at centre half foward...

You seem a little conflicted there, Joff.

One minute, Taz is taking all over up the ground, the next he's dominating the full forward area.

Truth be told, Taz is playing the way gun CHF's go about playing the position (think Tredrea, Brereton, vintage Schwarz and Carey) - he's doing his thing basically from the centre of the park to the goals. The fact is that Rocca is a better forward option than Fraser at the moment given his ability to take a contested grab and split packs.

Taz IS dominating the half-forward line, but the reason it isn't "game over" as you put it, is because Rocca isn't providing enough of a target closer to goal. This is where Josh COULD slot in - be a goalsquare option and leave the leading and heavy stuff to Anthony.

Truth be told, unless we move the ball quicker it won't matter who plays where - we'll be stuffed!

True...what id like to see is a bit of movement coming into the foward line from the true centre half foward position as the ball is being delivered to goal square and or have josh firmly routed in the goal sqaure, this stop go lead, stop go lead is frustrating and its not creating play as the ball is being delivered

Joffa Corfe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: