Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

JOY FOR QLD MAGPIE FANS !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stunning Steve McKee Libra

Clearances not Hit Outs are the Key

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:00 am
Post subject: JOY FOR QLD MAGPIE FANS !Reply with quote

After the success of the ratings from Lions V Pies clash, just heard on Radio Sport 927 here in Melbourne that Channel 10 has announced live coverage of both Crows v Pies match this Saturday night & also Pies v Saints on Saturday night the 24th May for QUEENSLAND viewers. Laughing
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news m8, I'll believe it when I see it, likely to go live into the gold coast only and the rest of us will have to wait till 11:50pm!
PieClive Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:53 am

I think the Channel 10 press release said something along the lines that it will be shown in prime time - at 9.40pm !!! Not live unfortunately. Marginally better than 11.30pm I suppose.

And it's on FoxFooty channel 15 at 8.30 - which is what I'll be watching 'cos I don't expect NSW/Canberra will get it on Ch 10 'til about 11.30pm.
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:02 pm

Here's the press release (taken from a post by RadioShark, a Collingwood supporter, on BigFooty):

ADELAIDE V COLLINGWOOD GOES PRIME TIME IN BRISBANE
May 6, 2003
For the first time ever in the home and away season, a non Lions game will be broadcast prime time in Brisbane. In a bold move, Network Ten will show the Adelaide v Collingwood game from AAMI Stadium at 9.40pm on Saturday night.
In addition to the game this weekend, Network Ten will also broadcast the Collingwood v St Kilda game on May 24 at 9.40pm in Brisbane. This move is a result of the solid AFL ratings figures being achieved in Brisbane.
TEN’s general manager – network programming, David Mott, said: ”from the start of last year we made it clear we are committed to the growth of AFL in the northern markets. These two games are a trial and the future of non-Lions games being shown prime time in Brisbane is up to the football fans. If the games rate well, there will be more.”
In 2002 and 2003, Network Ten has shown all Saturday night Brisbane Lions and Sydney Swans games prime time into their home markets.
Network Ten is the exclusive broadcaster of the AFL Finals series.

Just shows again the drawing power of the Mighty Pies! Smile

2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:59 pm

Maybe one day (just maybe) these clowns will recognise the difference between so-called prime time and LIVE!

GO PIES
Sanabas 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:20 pm

So will we see "prime time on 10" on the banner?

Still not on til midnight here. Again. We've played 1 game this year that's been live or close to it here, and that was Anzac Day. But nine & the AFL want to promote the game up here, real they do.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:23 pm

Hey at least they are starting to acknowledge that AFL rates better than a 50 year old movie that has been repeated at least 40 times before.
Soon they will realise that not all QLD'ers are just lions supporters and put all Sat Night games live.
They need to tackle NRL head on.

Now I will have to wait and see if we get it the same time in Rocky as in Brissy.

Gopies!!!!!!

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:57 pm

yeah Phanto, don't hold ya breath waiting to find out tho, getting a accurate TV guide is hard to do. like its some sort of secret!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 5:11 am

Sanabas wrote:
But nine & the AFL want to promote the game up here, real they do.

I said it at the time they got the contract, they would use it to push up pay TV subscriptions, and all the AFL saw was big moolah dangled in front of them. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in cloud cuckoo land I reckon.
Sanabas 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:06 pm

Agreed LD. AFL was in cuckoo land when they announced the contract and how good it would be for northern states. I started ranting about the time they announced 9 had the friday night games, and I'll keep doing it. They keep wanking on about how they're promoting the game, and they keep being contemptuous of footy fans up here. And our club promotes the bastards on our own banner. Ridiculous.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: