Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The progressive movement for optimistically positive comment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 12:04 am
Post subject: The progressive movement for optimistically positive commentReply with quote

There's been heaps of negative posts lately about our boys and its time that some of us looked at the positives.
NOTE: this thread IS NOT FOR YOUR NEGITIVE comments, do it elsewhere, gawd knows there are enough threads of it. POSITIVE:
Collingwood's Membership numbers!
The good form of Chris Tarrant.
Our Great Captains current form.
The effort of Josh Fraser, working solidly towards some good form.
3 and 3 from 6, beats the piss out of 0 and 6 hey!

I personally am very optimistic for the rest of the year and can't wait to see the boys play more finals footy at the end of the year, some of you might say I am wearing rose colored glasses, so be it, but things look rosie over here, can't imagine what it looks like through crap colored glasses.
So what are the positives you have??

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:04 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I've followed and loved Collingwood since 1957.

During the 32 years between premierships, it never once occurred me to follow another team.

Three weeks ago I went to the Gabba. I was delighted to see the boys. A win would've been a better result but I was on my feet clapping them off the ground after the game. They are my team - win, lose or draw.

Last's year's Granny result wasn't heartbreaking to me. I was damn proud !! I always will be.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 2:15 am

In times such as this i love supporting collingwood with all my vigour and passion, the positive i have is i will allways love this club my love would not falter if we finished last 100 years running, most times when im in bed i dream of that moment when that final siren goes in a grand final and our beloved pies snare a flag, im in love with the history of collingwood i love our black and white stripes and i love that bird they call magpie, i often wish i was alive during the years of our 4 successive flags in a row..could you imagine it?
Collingwood is something so near and dear to all of us and thats the big positive i have.
could you imagine your life without collingwood?
collingwood win lose or draw is the positive, its the one positive i wouldnt swap for anything in the world.
To say 'we are collingwood' is indeed a powerful statement it involves our past and will take us into the future it will breed the next generation of magpie supporters and beyond.
To say proudly we love collingwood is the one positive that will last forever win lose or draw.
bloody hell someone give me a hanky i can hardly see the bloody screen
go pies for ever.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:03 am

joffa_the_man_in_gold wrote:

could you imagine your life without collingwood?

It would not be a life at all...
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:53 am

If we all lived in la la land and everything was fine when we were losing we would be following StKilda.

If we lose I get pissed off it's that simple.

If I feel some player or players played crap or do something stupid I will say it. If a player does something good or great for our team or another I will say it and cheer.

I won't abuse the players, but I do have the right to be pissed off when we lose and if I say something negative about our team or players or praise another teams players to *ucking bad.

As you always say Joffa it's the passion of our supporters and I hate losing with a passion. Get it?
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:14 am

Culprit? where's the positives?????? fair dinkum your like the third reply and you are arguing your right to make negative comments, no one is denying you your right to do so....... just not in this thread. so why don't you allow us the same privelige to say positive things. if you have nothing positive to say, do it else where. not to much to ask is it?

GO THE MIGHTY MAGPIES!!

AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:16 am

Great topic, see:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=10368

too!
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:31 am
Post subject: PositiveReply with quote

Cool
Like Magfan8 I have been a dedicated supporter since WAY back then, even further, and the thought of following another team was not even contemplated. 32 years between drinks was a long wait,but didn't 1990 quench the thirst.Knowing that all the other dick heads hated us made it all the better.
Just to get off this thread and comment about gerry gee, i bet the scum would have loved Bucks instead of cry baby bomber boy in the west on sunday.
Champion skipper wouldn't you say culprit ??

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:58 am

I understand Culprits passion when we lose. It hurts me too, in fact I'd say it hurts all of us. What I also feel just as passionately about is generating that positive vibe when things are down. Over time this positive vibe rubs off on the club, the team and everyone in our collingwood family. From this we move on to bigger and better things. We can play a role in taking pressure off the boys from the supporters p.o.v. If they feel the support from us win,lose or draw they will feel less pressure from this side of the fence....heaven knows there's enough of it on the field. So cmon and give the boys some positive reinforcement!

Magpiemad, you can't stop anyone from posting their view in this thread(unless it goes against the mods rules - which they haven't as yet).

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 11:03 am

I suggest you ask Mike to make the rules state you are not allowed to post your opinion if it's deemed neagtive and for those who post any negative comments are to be banned.

Zig Hail
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:27 pm

id have to say that one good thing about a form slump is that the bandwagoners jump off which leaves the rest of us to comfortably get into the game without worrying about a lockout!
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:40 pm

oh and yeh i dont think any mods r gonna delete a post bcos its just negetive, that would be ridiculous.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:47 pm

Well that's what you want so ask for it. That way you can get rid of your so-called band wagoners from the website.

You hate people knocking the team as you say they are not true supporters (yeah right).

As I said put it in the rules and that way you will have the page just the way you want it and everyone will agree with whatever you say and no ones view will differ from yours.

Then all the so-called true supporters (yeah right on that too) can have their own perfect little world.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:55 pm

Mayvbe we should just start winning, then we wouldnt have to worry about negative ppl and posts Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:57 pm

Ain't that the truth Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: