Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Nick Stevens

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:59 pm
Post subject: Nick StevensReply with quote

Reported tonight on channel 9 news in adelaide that Nick Stevens has NOT signed with port for the next year or so despite having a contract for a few weeks.
Does he want to go home like a namessake last year?

hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly, Nick is a Collingwood fan from when he was a kid and he grew up in our old zoning area (Greensborough/Plenty region).

Nathan Buckley did ring him the last time he was out of contract to try to persuade him over here.

I can see it happening but it would happen at a price in my opinion - 1st round draft pick and a player would be my tip - he's twice the player of Nick Davis.

Remember we can always send Benny Kinnear home - he's an Adelaide boy. Wink

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:49 am

hoggy wrote:
Possibly, Nick is a Collingwood fan from when he was a kid and he grew up in our old zoning area (Greensborough/Plenty region).

Nathan Buckley did ring him the last time he was out of contract to try to persuade him over here.

I can see it happening but it would happen at a price in my opinion - 1st round draft pick and a player would be my tip - he's twice the player of Nick Davis.

Remember we can always send Benny Kinnear home - he's an Adelaide boy. Wink

Yeah, but doesn't mean they want Benny back though:P We could give him to Northern Bombers in the NTFL (Nothern Tasmanian Football League) apparently they are looking for AFL drops outs. JUST don't send him Glenorchy's way...PLEASE! lol

Actually I am kidding, so send him to Port for Nick Stevens? I don't think Port would take that deal...unless we throw in a draft pick. Because half of Australia (perhaps the whole...) know's that Ben Kinnear isn't really that flash. Maybe we should send him to Port Magpies. maybe they can use him there.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
angel 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:20 am

I think we will chase Nick. He was a big Pie fan and his father was involved with the club in some capacity. He came from our own backyard. Port will want heaps, but remember he can walk for nothing to a vic club if they don't play ball. He's not twice the player a fit ND is but he could be the handy running player we need with skills, goalkicking ability and a modicum of pace.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 2:15 pm

We'd be mad not to chase him. Hes an absolute gun and would slot right into our midfield, but yes he would come at a huge cost. Hes a gr8 talent and future captain material for sure. I would definatly love to see him in the black and white. Who would we be willing to give up to make a bid for him??

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
CP 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 2:24 pm
Post subject: Id rather...Reply with quote

...concentrate on Judd.

Nick Stevens would be a ripper, but I'm keener to get Judd to Collingwood.

Woewodin and Davis for Judd.

McKee and Lonie for Darcy.

We'd win Premiership, after Premiership, after Premiership...
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:10 pm

Rolling Eyes
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 4:50 pm

Lonie to be traded?????

Get redady for the backlash!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:31 pm

MissMagpie_20 wrote:
Lonie to be traded?????

I'm not sure about trading Lonie, but we need a ruckman desperately. We may have to make some sacrifices to secure a good ruckman.
CP 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:40 pm

MissMagpie_20 wrote:
Lonie to be traded?????

Deep down Miss Magpie you know it's worth it.

Alf obviously doesn't agree either...or something.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 5:49 pm

Your right CP, we do desperatly need a ruckman and would have to give up alot of talent to get an established, talented player but im DEFINATLY not i nfavour of going after Luke Darcy, not becuase i dont think we need a ruckman but because i DESPISE HIM and would literally vomit if i saw him in the black and white.

drew1602 Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:05 pm
Post subject: Re: Id rather...Reply with quote

CP wrote:
...concentrate on Judd.

Judd is the gun we must chase if the chance arises.....he is a 10 year plus player that will only get better with age.....lets just wait until seasons end until decide who is trade bait....

As far as ruckman go we have two waiting in the wings .....Cameron Cloke and Guy Richards

dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:49 pm

yes Stevens/Judd/Darcy would all be good on our list.

BUT................

As per AFL rules, NO TRADING can take place until the official trading period and given that we are heading towards round 7 this weekend we still have 16 more H&A games to go as well as (hopefully for us) 4 weeks of finals.

Lets worry about trading type stuff then!!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 7:18 pm

CP wrote:
...concentrate on Judd.

Here's a few comments I want to add to this post...

Woewodin and Davis for Judd: Although he is a very talented player, he isn't worth trading 2 players. Sure, they would take that trade, but why would we trade Woewodin? wouldn't that make it stupid to even sign him in the first place? And I doubt Collingwood would pick up Judd anyway. I mean from a point that there's other teams that may offer terades for draft picks and players.

McKee and Lonie for Darcy: Trading McKee? He's one of our better ruckman right now (excluding any rookie players.) and can be an asset to the Collingwood Football Club. Lonie aswell? He's a very good player, and has some good years at Collingwood, were Darcy, probarly has a maximum of 4-5 years left (If that) Sure I'd like Darcy (and/or Judd) but traading some of our talented players isn't going to help much, because that could un-balence the side. Because both new players would need to fit into the Collingwood style of play. And we will be back at square one like we are with Shane Woewodin right now.

We'd win Premiership, after Premiership, after Premiership... As someone else said the trading period is a few weeks away, when will we win this Premiership? I am not bagging you, or trying to be offensive, I am just wondering, because we don't know what is going to happen in the next few weeks

Because Judd may stay where he is, and Nick Stevens could stay at Port. And, Luke Darcy may not even want to come to Collingwood, and some other team may put out a better offer for him. Any one of these players I'd like to see at Collingwood, but not at anyone's expense (and Ben Kinnear is excluded on that comment)

Right now Davis, and Woewodin aren't playing good, they will soon, well I hope so, so I would wait until the end of the year to want to trade anyone.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
CP 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:14 pm

I was actually going to let this cute effort at dissecting my controversial post go, but for everyone's benefit, I'll nip it in the bud:

Although he is a very talented player, he isn't worth trading 2 players. Sure, they would take that trade, but why would we trade Woewodin?

He is worth 2 players for starters, but you can't get good players with crap any more. We would have to offer talent to get Judd. If they would take the trade, why wouldn't you do it? Woewodin has about 3 good years left - Judd has 10-12.

wouldn't that make it stupid to even sign him in the first place?

Ever given thought to that, perhaps, the reason we got Woewodin (a Western Australian) was to have trading material come October as every man and his dog knows Judd wants to come home?

And I doubt Collingwood would pick up Judd anyway. I mean from a point that there's other teams that may offer terades for draft picks and players.

I'm sorry, I don't understand this comment all.

Trading McKee? He's one of our better ruckman right now (excluding any rookie players.) and can be an asset to the Collingwood Football Club.

There's daylight between McKee and Darcy in every facet of the game. Darcy's better (in case you weren't sure).

Lonie aswell? He's a very good player, and has some good years at Collingwood, were Darcy, probarly has a maximum of 4-5 years left (If that).

Lonie is a fair player, not "very good". He could become fantastic - who knows? But if Darcy has 5 seasons left, let me give you the tip, that means he'll contest another 5 Premierships. I'd be happy with 2 or 3 of those. We 'aint gonna get any unless we fix some key deficiencies. Mind you, Lonie is just a clincher, it could well be packaged with Johnson, Shaw, etc. It depends what others offer.

Sure I'd like Darcy (and/or Judd) but traading some of our talented players isn't going to help much, because that could un-balence the side.

If you'd like them and can see the benefit of getting them, do you think we could attract them with crap? Would the Eagles or the Dogs accept "losing" deals? Bottom line is, trades have got to be win/win these days more than what they've ever been in the past, before they're even considered.

As someone else said the trading period is a few weeks away, when will we win this Premiership? I am not bagging you, or trying to be offensive, I am just wondering, because we don't know what is going to happen in the next few weeks

Correct, none of us know what will happen for the remainder of the season, even if we do win the flag though, would you not look to strengthen the list in any way possible? When players like Judd and Darcy come out of contract, you try as hard as you can to get them, without selling the farm, of course.

Whilst I'd be happy to transact the trades I've espoused in an earlier post, sure I'd be rapt to get these two players for less. I'm just indicating what I believe the club should be prepared to part with to get them. That's how much I value the contribution towards Premierships that I believe they could make. Truth be told, nobody really knows the intricacies of the trade table, but I know this for sure - we've got the sponge cake, now we must add the icing.

Because [b]Judd may stay where he is, and Nick Stevens could stay at Port. And, Luke Darcy may not even want to come to Collingwood, and some other team may put out a better offer for him. Any one of these players I'd like to see at Collingwood, but not at anyone's expense[/b]

How do you suggest we attract them then? Perhaps we could put out a trail of M&M's that lead to a big box that's being propped up with a stick, and as soon as they eat their way to the box, we could pull the stick out and trap all new players to club for life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: