Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mike Sheehan......what a load of crap !!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drew1602 Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Post subject: Mike Sheehan......what a load of crap !!!Reply with quote

Mike Sheehans article in todays Herald Sun is the biggest load of crap I have read in quite some time.

The part of the article that ticked me off most is his summing up of our finals campaign last year. He mentioned that Adelaide were undermanned and that we only got close to the Lions due the weather.

He also mentioned that we only got close to the Lions because Buckley and Rocca played very well....sorry but aren't good players meant to play well..isnt that part of being a good team ie having your players play good football? His agumenent would suggest if our team played poorly it is expected...if they play well....its a not the norm..

After the ADL win and the GF performance Sheehan and his other so called expert journalist couldnt stop heaping praise on the Pies and went on and on at how good the Pies were, how hard they are , how fast they are etc etc. ....Now 6 weeks into a new season we are sitting 3 and 3 (along with the maj of the comp) and he is saying the exact opposite. Players dont lose ability and pace over night...The team is in a slump pure and simple. Form can go up and down...a players abiliites dont dissappear with in a 7 month period.

MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead right Drew. I remember him praising the Pies not so long ago and i was like 'shit wheres the real Mike Sheahan'. Obviously a few losses and he's jumped ship, the gutless prick, Wont stand by what he says. I cant stand him and the crap he writes.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
wa magpie Taurus

The Future

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:44 pm

i say let dickheads write what they want, write us off. prefer it when we are underdogs anyway.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:46 pm

The article is here, if anyone wants to read it.

Quite right, what a Tosser, jumps on and off bandwagons faster than a richmond supporter on speed. How were adelaide weakend mike? Sure mcleod had an ankle injury, but he hurt his "good" ankle during the game. And wasn't one Nathan Buckley just recovering from a hammy? Mike you are an idiot.

Actually don't worry about it people, in actual fact if he writes us off, we are a good thing. Wish we could put him on ignore.

hotpies 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:02 pm

yer don't worry about journalists fellow pies, they constantly do this and will for some time, it's only to piss off honest supporters like that, i wonder what team those jornalists really support!
Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:08 pm

Yer I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago, with all the praise he was giving. Certainly changed his view. I guess ya get that with the journo's. I am getting quite tired of hearing that crap, 'we only made the GF coz of an undermaned Adel. team blah blah blah' What a load of _____ (enter any word/s here that fits, LOL)
Molly Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:33 pm

imo sheehan doesn't know what he thinks about anything - he'll change his mind at the drop of a hat and can never justify why he does it. Obviously he just tries to be controversial to sell papers, but seriously, how can he be the chief footy writer? Geez!
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 6:00 pm

Quote:
prefer it when we are underdogs anyway.

Well said wa magpie.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
wa magpie Taurus

The Future

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:00 pm

just finished watching sheehan and co, on "on the couch". more of the same crap said, although thet do make sum good points about us being slow to move the ball on etc. but i say keep the sledging coming cause when the pies find form they'll look like bigger dicks than they are..... if thats possibe??
Banksy 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:16 pm

I've learnt to live with the hype of following the greatest club in the land carries.
The simple fact is people love to hate us because we're Collingwood.
Journos like Mike Sheehan and others love to knock our players and club because people apart from Collingwood suporters like what they have to say about our club when we're down.
Just think about it,it's not only the media that have a dig at us but people we associate in every day life....and you know what?...it's because we're one eyed about our pies and have the biggest following in the land.
On the other hand when we're winning we ourselfs love to read the papers and watch shows relating to footy because it gives us a buzz knowing everyone is either envious or taking notice of our onfield and offield success.
Also add to it we have the most recogniseable face in the media as our President and when it comes to Eddie...you either love him or hate him.
Plus we sell papers and put bums on seats at games.
So the way i look at it.....these journos like Mike Sheehan are basically doing their jobs in knocking us because people take notice,even if most things they say about us is utter crap.
So just remember this.......we will always be the most loved and most hated club in the land,wether we're winning or losing.
It's alot better than following the least loved and least hated club in the land.
GO PIES.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:02 am

Shite-Mike has no credability whatsoever ! Putting the Pies on a pedastal one minute, then burying the other. This guy is a 100% proof wanker.
hermie Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:22 pm

did not mention bombers getting flogged after so called experts picked them. heis an agrade tool
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:29 pm

Mike Sheehan didn't say much more than a lot of people were already thinking. I don't think much of Mike Sheehan as a footy expert. But i think he was right about Molloy, Woewodin and Holland. Look at the topics on Nicks that have dealt with Woewodin and Leon Davis. They have probably been more critical than Mike Sheehan has. Ben Johnson hasnt been setting the world on fire while Didak has had a slow start to the season.

My only surprise was that he could not find room for a pic of Ben Kinnear. All teams go through this scrutiny when performing poorly. Richmond, Essendon and Fremantle. Look at the crap that Dean Rioli endured when performing poorly last year. The players and the club have two options. They can either believe what they read about themselves and fall by the wayside. Alternatively they can address their faults and get back to being the players that we know they are capable of.

jlc

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:43 pm

yeah gotta agree. it seemed pretty much on the money to me.

collingwood sells papers and so naturally we will get scrutinised because more people care about what happens to us for better or worse.

the cats, dogs, saints.. who gives a toss about them? no real surprises.
Special Delivery 

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 6:32 pm

After I read the article on Monday, I knew a post would be up soon after.

And I was equally resigned to the fact that it would be dominated by people whingeing about Mike.

So as I read down the post from comment to comment I was slowly shaking my head.

Thank god JLC and Cam posted something with some perspective...(IMO).

Mike Sheahan is by and large an over analytical idiot. I was having some cheap drinks at the Prince of Wales in St Kilda on Monday night and looked up at the large screen and saw Sheahan and company on Talking Footy...no volume...

I pretty much sniggered and kept drinking and playing pool. Who cares what he thinks.

The issue is though folks, I didn't really disagree with what he said.

We have been exposed tragically over the past couple of weeks. I wouldn't say so in the Brisbane match, but quite frankly after I finished reading the article I smirked, blinked and thought-fair enough.

I read in another post the other day that we will be copping a pasting from the media over the next few days and now we are seeing it.

So if we are expecting it, and indeed if we deserve it, and if we sit back when other teams are copping it with grins on our faces, let's not kick and scream when we are the focus.

That's the only criticism I have. You may not agree, but I think that some people on this board need to summarily say...(gulp) "we deserved to be raked over the coals' and then come back bigger and better next game-rather than be so precious about criticism from anyone-even Michael Sheahan.

If we all think he is a dickhead-why be so affronted by his comments? I suspect because, at times, the truth hurts.

Go 'Pies. Smash those Crows, and find some form.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: