Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BRODIE- tryer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i_coulda_been_a_champ

Couldn't agree with you more re poor disposal. I understand that people favour those who can get the ball and some favour those who can use it. Well fact is we need players who can do both.

Scotto uses it more than he gets it but that could easily change with some quality game time.

Brodie could just be a player who was more of a use it player and now may have developed a get it side to his game.

No doubt Johnson can receive it and occasionally pick up a crumb or two in defence but he is incapable of using it.

McGough I would have to say is the same but different. He can get it when the ball is in close and use it by hand, but that is only one third of the game really.

Cloke rarely gets it off the ground and when he receives it struggles by foot. If he remembers to get his body correctly square on to the direction he wants to kick it - something which is difficult with his lack of athleticism - he can be a pretty straight kick. He also has the ability to kick the ball with a flat trajectory as well as a high one - something some players still get to AFL without the ability to do. Those are some positives but on the whole Cloke neither gets it or uses it all that well - he repels it!

Forget Kinnear. Don't waste keystrokes.

Molloy can get it but struggles to use it, no doubt, though agree his field kicking is ok, just ok.

I wouldn't say Shaw's skills when using the ball are particulalry good. His kicking has improved as he's picked up the pace and flow of senior football again but I reserve judgement.

Don't worry about Presti, he's not really there to kick.

Oh yeah and for anyone who thinks I'm being 'negative' here, read this post:

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=10368
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 11:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

played like a gun!!!!! well done brodie, i think he's found his spot in the defencive area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: