Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

BRODIE- tryer

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:51 pm
Post subject: BRODIE- tryerReply with quote

although on saturday nigth brodie holland didnt do that much in terms of possesions, he went in hard and had a real go. He's one bloke who i like to have in the team, seems to want the ball and gets in on quickly. I think Mick should play him in the centre. Give him more of a go. what do you guys think of brodie????
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Holland has the talent to be a very good player...i think last yr he was side tracked with the modelin stuff...hopefully this yr he can play some great footy, i mean weve seen what he is capable of
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:01 pm

I tend to agree as well and I thought he started to improve as the game went on. Perhaps he just needs to get used to the pace of Senior football which is far more slicker than what it is at Willy.
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:09 pm

Yeah give him another go, he tried but get rid of Kinnear!!!!
i_coulda_been_a_champ 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:26 pm

leave him in - we need as many players in the team who have good disposal skills as possible . give him a chance to see if he can get the pill - cos he's the type who helps us link up well or directly score . i think collingwood at the moment carries TOO many blokes with dodgy disposal skills - all of them are competent to good footballers separetely but can a side afford to have so many in the 1 side . i spose i should specify who - so here goes my neck on the block . mcgough (worst kick - and ugly style- for a medium sized player i have seen . he misses his targets both wide and too short or long) . johnstone (misses short or long - his distance control is not good - plus next to no right foot) . prestigiacomo although he dousnt kick too often . cloke (hold your breath when he has it plus he also kicks to the line TOO often) kinnear (although idont think he will be in the side too long) molloy for goal (although i think his field kicking is okay) licuria (ia a really dinky kick - no penetration and i think his distance control is dodgy)
as i said i dont want them all out just dont think you can have that many in the 1 side.
would like to see back in with skills - scotland , shaw , leon ,
so outs have too be (neck on block again) johnstone , mcgough (time for plenty of kicking practice and also learn how to run - can that be taught??)molloy (although i think this is a balance thing as i dont feel we need that many tall forwards - time for fraser to step up to that role)
looking forward to your feedback . cheers
Bones 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:28 pm

For some reason I can't warm to the guy. Dunno what it is, but I just don't like him. There is talent there, but very hot and cold.

Why I don't like him??? shrugs!!! It happens.
TRELOS 

TRELOS

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:03 pm

Kinnear has played his last game for the year which should be his last game for the black and white..after the promise he showed towards the end of 2001 he hasnt done squat...uve had ur chance Kinnear, u blew it
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:05 pm

What was it like before the promise he showed towards the end of 2001 he hasnt done squat ?
Molly Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:24 pm

yeah i think i'd keep brodie in next week - at least he was staying down in the marking contests like a half decent crumber should! After seeing leon play today, i wldn't think he wld be pushing for brodie's spot. leave him in, see what happens.
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 4:46 am

Re Molloy he doesn't seem to be doing much as a forward, how about playing him on the backline, he seems to have all the attributes as a backman. Look at Grant he was struggling but they moved him to CFB and he starred ever since (till doing his knee). WE seem to be a bit short on aggression and drive in the backline.
pepstar 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:28 am

bring back Scotland... We need a link player like what tarks was doing.
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 3:04 pm

No offence to either you TuPaC or Millane42, but are you two related - perhaps twins? Your appearance is stunningly similar. If you aint related then i think you've found your doppelganger.
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:12 pm

molly07,

ummmm could u give me (us) any news on the leon report? he must be getting pretty frustrated at the moment.

Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:49 pm

I like Holland.... he may not be as flashy as Leon, but he'll go far at the ball and will put his body on the line and tackle.... something Leon wasn't doing. His disposal ain't bad eitha and will crumb rather than fly for marks.
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:13 pm

Definitely keep Brodie and definitely put him in the centre.

I was quite disapointed that he didn't get a run against Essendon when he had played very well - better than McG - the previous week against Port Melbourne.

I think Brodie's stated desire to play midfield has developed further. I think he's become a really good option as an onballer. Definitely give him and Scotto a run in there and yes if that means taking Licuria out, no problem by me.

Brodie proved on saturday he has a newfound desire to do the small things. Last year he had a major hamstring injury which screwed up most of his year. The year before that many were criticising his reluctance to hit the opposition and ball hard. If there's one thing I am pretty sure of, he's changed that part of his game.

At the very worst hopefully Brodie can recover some of his goalsneak form and be the small forward we are desperately missing atm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: