Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

We have noone to blame but ourselves !

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wearmouth 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 2:28 pm
Post subject: We have noone to blame but ourselves !Reply with quote

Is there going to be any chance of actually playing simple footy and getting the ball down quickly to the forwards so that they can apply their trades.

Forget blaming the umpires, the salary caps and all the other bullshit. If it was only through a sense of urgency and nothing else that we managed to play simple and direct football in the last quarter then what the F@#$K has been going through our boys heads in the last 3 weeks.

Last nights loss is purely and simply on the shoulders of the players and coaching staff. If you are playing a tall forward line then give the blokes a chance and get the ball in quickly its that simple. Chipping and passing the ball all around the ground only helps the opposition man you up and loses any ascendency that our tall forwards may have. Otherwise dont play all those talls in the same team. I'm not going to name anyone in particular because attributing blame to one individual does not achieve anything. This was undoubtably a team dissappointment.

This crappy style of play has to stop now otherwise we may still make the eight but what good is it if we only just make it. Top 4 is where the premiership is won the rest of the teams can please themselves.

Can the real magpies please stand up and be counted.

Floreat Pica!!!!
hotpies 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 5:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with you wearmouth, and i hope we turn it around and get a big win over a Footy Park next week.
i can't belive how many people jump on collingwood and then off as quickly. it's a disgrace. collinwood must play better footy then this to go and bet Adelaide in Adelaide and last year is was proven that we could.
i agree with other supporters comments on this board about how the coaching staff should play the players in their original postitions but i reckon mick and his coaching guys are just moving them around at the start of the season just to see if anyone really does fly in a different pos.
i reckon we'll get down and dirty with Adelaide next week. our tackling needs to go up a few notches and with our centre clearences also.

GO PIES!!! HOTPIES BY 17 POINTS!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: