Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Brisbane being investigated for cheating

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:55 pm
Post subject: Brisbane being investigated for cheatingReply with quote

I thought the same thing as you no doubt are saying to yourself. Hence the headline was overkill as the AFL are investigating their use of Hypoxic Air. I cannot see them getting doen for it as it's not mentioned in the rules. Other clubs may start using the same equipment.

My concern is lets say down the track a Brisbane footballer dies of a heart attack and they start pointing the finger at the clubs use of this procedure during their training.

This could cost the AFL & Brisbane a lot of $$$ in damages.

I feel this is why the AFL are investigating, not for the mere fact the Lions are cheating as the AFL are behind that in their support for the club anyway to promote the game in the northern states.

Geez I always see a darker side. Razz

The link is below for the full article

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,6437359%255E11088,00.html
Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 6:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, there are long term consequences of this sort of induced hypoxia that have to be taken into account, I'm not sure it's such a great thing. Only good thing is it looks like Essendon have proved how desperate they are to regaini something resembling a midfield and are interested in one! Razz

Wouldn't surprise me if there are a high proportion of ex-brisbane lions in the renal failure unit at Royal Brisbane Hospital in about five year...

- Ben
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 8:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

All their points? If they were being done for salary cap violations then sure. But as we all know the AFL will give them some small fine, which the AFL will pay anyways. So I don't see why the AFL is going to bother....

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: