Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood are gone for 2003. Bring on 2004!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see you back member what have you been up to?

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:49 am
Post subject: glad to be backReply with quote

Thank you Joffa

It's good to chat to you all again

I have been keeping a low profile and just enjoying life

we are all one big family here and its now that we need to show our support for this wonderfull club

keep doing the great work that your doing

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 10:17 am
Post subject: Re: glad to be backReply with quote

Member wrote:
Thank you Joffa

It's good to chat to you all again

I have been keeping a low profile and just enjoying life

we are all one big family here and its now that we need to show our support for this wonderfull club

keep doing the great work that your doing

Wonderfully said member.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:38 am

How the Duck can u say the season is over in 6 rounds ???? this time last year we were 4-2 this year we r 3-3 so its hardly over !!!!!!!
Let me guess i bet you was one saying we had no hope winning any finals last year as we went into the finals winning 2 games from our past 6 matches. Pies will bounce back i believe we can beat the Crows.
Collingwood v Adelaide played 18 times Pies have won 13 of those and also beat the Crows in 2001 an 2002 at AAMI stadium
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:41 am

Go ahead. . . . . .
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:18 pm

lol I haven't read all the replies here but I don't need to..... look after 6 rounds of footy we are 3 and 3, not the best and not the worst but if you think we are gone for the year thats upto you, all I hope is Collingwood got some membership money from you before you jumped off the bandwagon. your the one who'll look stupid(er?) when we are playing finals football.

PS. can you change your nickname, you do it no credit at all.

blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 12:55 pm

I don't agree with most of the original post, but the responses to it were so predictable. Kudos to those who actually took on what he said, rather than his character.

There will always be that element within any group which will claim to be the sole owners of the truth, and will quickly go
into lynchmob mode.

Leigh Matthews a few years ago said that you need 12 wins to make the finals in most seasons, and he's was right. I consider the first seven rounds, when teams are mostly at full strength, to be bonus games in that quest for the 12 wins.

It's much easier to make the finals if you have a few wins under your belt early on, rather than the need to chase them with depleted squads at the end.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:14 pm

If you compare this year to last year, yes we are the same 3 and 3, The difference I see the first 3 rounds we played crap last year and then we came out and beat 3 quality teams.

This year we have played lousy and won against three teams who are really crap and no way will make the eight. We then got thumped by two quality teams who will be in the eight and then thumped by a team that was fired up to win and are 50/50 of being in or out the eight.

Round 11 will tell us all where we are at it’s that simple.

Naturally all the negativity will go out the door if we beat Adelaide. On form I can’t get excited, in saying that you usually start the following week on how you finished the week before and the last qtr was our best and our form in Adelaide from last year is good. We can turn it around, whether we do or not is up to the team.

Weeks along time in football.

Keep posting your views millane42, as I don’t wish to see a board where we all agree, as it would be totally boring.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:17 pm

Collingwood is back to its disturbing habit of losing to crap teams. Most of its losses in the last 2 years were to teams that did not make the finals. This is a habit going right back to when Fitzroy would play its one decent game of the year against Collingwood and then play its usual rubbish the following week. Every time you lose to a battler, you have to beat one of the big boys to make up ground and you soon run out of matches. Who gives a stuff if Footscray loses its coach or Robert Flower plays his 500th game - these teams will be switched on at any time so Collingwood has to be ready for them. Emotion can carry you only so far. The priority now should be making the finals and then see how much damage can be done once there.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:23 pm

I am really looking forward to this week. I have some confidence that this week will be a good win for us...on paper we can't win.... but even if we don't win this week our season is not over - not by a long shot.

I do agree with culprit though. Millane42 should express whatever views he/she sees fit....however with actions comes consequenses. Everyone elses view is just as valid. If people disagree (and they will) it does make for better discussion. If people write others opinions off, so be it. It's a bulletin board. If you don't want to be written off then don't post. Simple. If you can't handle a reaction to your post, then learn from the experience and make a decision to confront it and keep posting, thus enjoying the board for its purpose, or decide you cant handle it and don't post.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
One Eyed Pie Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 1:41 pm
Post subject: Re: Collingwood are gone for 2003. Bring on 2004!Reply with quote

Millane42 wrote:
It's official - collingwood are gone for 2003, bring on 2004!

What a team of over-rated hacks. Whoever told Mick he could coach?

stupid isn't it? This same team minus Nicky "superstar finisher" Davis, has the potential to win the comp with a proven coach are playing like a bunch of fairies who are afraid to tackle, pick up the ball, kick long to a tall and are slow, lazy and seemingly disinterested. I was sick of the shit they are serving up last night. i stayed in on a saturday night to watch the pathetic effort - **** em i won't bother watching next week.

Apart from Buckley and Tarrant the rest of them should be dropped. Why does Malthouse continue to leave Scotto, Coley and Freeborn out??

adelaide will win easily next week leaving us no chance of top 4 after being 3-4. So maybe we will scrap a few wins over st kilda and bulldogs to win a few.

One word: disappointing....what a waste of time and effort.

Millane42 - did you state the say thing last year at the end of the home and away season. The CLUB looked gone too. All said they where GONE - but What happend last year ?? - Just incase you have forgotten , they made the GF and Nearly won it - It is a long Season..... I understand your anger, but do not lose faith....

I have yet to see 4Q of game plan A, we have seen game plan b,c,d,f,e and sonetime plan A... Why show your cards at this ealry stage of the season...
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 2:55 pm

Millane42, do you understand the concept of constructive criticism????

It is OK to suggest that you think Malthouse made a mistake by not playing Scotland. It is NOT OK to say Malthouse can't coach.

It is OK to say they didn't play well and seemed over cautious. It is NOT OK to say they are over-rated hacks.

A real supported NEVER, NEVER, NEVER attacks a player. You can argue where they might do better, you can debate aspects of their game, but you CANNOT bag the person.

Understand the difference?!?!?!?!?!?

You are a disgrace and should be ashamed of yourself.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 3:23 pm

Hey M42, the Club wishes to thank you for the paint job on the weekend, but just wanted you to know you'd missed a few spots.... Rolling Eyes
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 8:46 am

Blanch as far as I am concerned you post how you feel and just because it does not go with popular opinion does not make the opinion right or wrong. Yes constructive criticism is needed, but all people posting against popular opinion get attacked personally.

Sorry I just won't kiss someone’s butt because everyone else does.

Say how you see it and how you feel, unfortunately the board rules state no personal attacks and thats all I see going on if you don’t go along with popular view.

How can you be ashamed for stating your own opinion? Just because they feel differently.

This is schoolyard stuff. Oh sorry that’s right we do have a lot of kids posting.

Two sets of rules, one for the butt kissers and one for the anti butt kissers.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 10:45 am

Culprit, there are times when personal attacks occur - no argument there. Just because I have a point of view regarding being positive does that make me a butt kisser? Is my opinion on that issue not just as valid? Fine to say it's schoolyard stuff, it happens all the time on here. If someone happens to agree with a majority does that make them a butt kisser? I would like to think that you would see things a little more openly than that, and that people can make up their own minds.

If I was to disagree with something you posted, I will dismiss it in some way shape or form. There will be reference to "you have to be joking, you are wrong etc"....that can be taken personally.

Nobody should feel ashamed to post - definately agree there, I was just pointing out that my view of constructive criticism is obviously very different to what some think it is.....their posts are proof of that.

Also agreed with opinions are never right or wrong - that's why they are called opinions....however 1 set of rules for butt kissers and one for non butt kissers....that's probably bringing it down to schoolyard stuff again???

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

Jump to: