Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

NO OFFENCE, BUT THATS PATHETIC!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:15 am
Post subject: NO OFFENCE, BUT THATS PATHETIC!Reply with quote

2nit was 1 of the most pathetic performaces ive seen in a long time, u can say all u want but geez we've over rated ourselves in my opinion. We were soooooo flat, and had no structure.

We are the most PREDICTABLE team in the AFL, we NEVER go direct and go along the boundary. the moment we started to go direct and pump it in quickly and long to the goal square we started to kick goals. What is Mick doin?? its simple as that, GO DIRECT!!!! AND QUICKLY!! everytime lica gets the ball he holds it up and lets the opposition get back on our players. ITS DUMB FOOTBALL!

Next week we play adelaide, and as disapointed as i am, i still saw some signs in that last quarter to suggest if we play a proper game plan and get it on quickly and direct and actually put some pressure on the opposition defenders then we have a real chance of pulling off an upset. We have a good record up there and we need to turn it around this week

p.s. DROP FRASER! (i luv him but he's doin no good) give him a run in ressies

Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

They are sloooowwwww very sloooowwwww.
They've got players who can't dispose of the ball properly and there are some real softcocks.
If MALTHOUSE DOES NOT HURRY UP AND HAVE BUCKLEY UP DEEP FORWARD FOR MORE OF THE GAME , I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO.
The players looked weak and dispirited tonight.
It really was a PATHETIC performance.
The only highlight was Buckley who was very good and Tarrant's last quarter was outstanding.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:25 am
Post subject: Re: NO OFFENCE, BUT THATS PATHETIC!Reply with quote

couragous cloke wrote:
p.s. DROP FRASER! (i luv him but he's doin no good) give him a run in ressies

Fraser was quite obviously carrying an injury. You could definately see it in after 3/4 time, he was limping and holding his thigh quite a bit, but he still got in there and worked.
Go PiEs!! 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:27 am

Fraser was alright. Rupert wasn't on for enough, Kinnear was dissapointing, Brodie did ok. I think Cloke needs to be droped. He doesn't man up and disposle isn't that good. Clement might need a week with Williamstown too.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:35 am

PLAY PLAYERS IN THEIR POSITIONS

I cannot believe they played Lokan and McGough at full forward. That is worse than playing Cloke in the forward line. Sydney have crap tall defenders so why wouldnt you leave Tarrant at Full forward for the whole game or at least in the forward 50. The last quarter showed how much damage Tarrant can cause.

We don't have any crumbers either which is very disappointing.

Lets be radical for ONE WEEK and play our best 18 in the best positions instead of playing people out of position.

I didnt mind losing to Brisbane as they are a quality team. However playing Sydney in Melbourne should have been one of the easier if not easiest task in the AFL. However we made it look painfully difficult.

Memo - Can we get a rugby league team or somebody down there to show our team how to tackle. Our tackling IMO is nothing short of disgraceful (Burns excluded).

jlc

Go PiEs!! 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:41 am

OUR tackling is crap!!
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:43 am

Why is it when we play crappy sides 9/10 of those times we play terrible footy yet if we play a brisbane adelaide or port etc we play great footy yet shit sides we seem to look so ordinary
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:56 am

Anthony... i hate to agree with you, but i agree with you. lol.

But one thing i cant do is question the coach.

They played slow tonight. But i still believe they will bounce back and come out strong against Adelaide next week. Alost of work has to be done and with a few key players not playing at their best at the moment it just creates that little bit more work to be done. And i believe that the work will be done with Mick in control.

Yes they played badly for 3 quarters. All they can do it learn from it, move on and forget about it.

But hey did you guys see Presti take a bounce?! I thought he was gonna do a Phil Mannassa! Cool

And who was that guy in #2 for Sydney? I swear ive seen him before? Evil or Very Mad lol

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:02 am

Why cant we question the coach ?? McGough and Lokan at Full forward you cant be serious ?? Thats a joke.

jlc

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:38 am

I Dont Know? Blame The Runner! lol Rolling Eyes

Where was Tarrant, Rocca and Didak at this stage? Perhaps they wernt working. not that McGough and Lokan would.... but yeah!

How bout that bounce?! lol

AGE Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:44 am

I agree with Cakewalk VERY SLOW indeed. Not just getting the ball moving but they just couldn't give chase to the Squans.

And when you think about it, we've only played one good game this year.
Combining 3 Last Qtrs Vs Richmond, Carlton, Geelong and 1st Qtr Vs Lions. And tonight if Licuria didn't get pinged at the end we MIGHT have snuck home.
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 3:52 am

Sorry Courageous but I can not take anything but offence tot this topic....will leave it at that.....

Cheers

Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:41 am

04/05/03 The Age

"Malthouse said then that he could not understand how so much ball-winning could yield so few scores."

I think MM is on the moon! Surely it's obvious that we are chipping in every direction but directly up the ground and when we're approaching our F50.... we stop.... we wait.... wait a bit more.... chip sideways.... wait.... by this stage Sydney (or any team for that matter) has flooded our F50.... and we are forced to kick to Rocca and Tarrant on wide leads.

More than likely, we don't goal, cos the angle is too tight.... or we try to better the angle by chipping and Swans get the ball and RUN hard, in support, and delivery quickly to their F50.

What's more our small forwards aren't given a chance to crumb, as there are so many people inside our F50, by the time the ball gets there.
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:49 am

at least Scotland will be back next week in the middle. I don't understand how MM will chose to give Woewodin so much game time, when a proven midfielder called Scotland who is no slower, as good a finisher, gets as much if not more of the ball, and is harder at it.... is not in our best 22.
Daniel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 4:59 am

also why is a player, that was 1 goal short of topping our goalkicking last year, sitting on the bench if he is not playing in the ruck?

I'd like to think that Fraser is not as good a ruckman as he is a forward.... yet MM will only have him on the ground if he is rucking.... what is the deal there?

We play a bloke called Molloy in our F50, who makes cameos every now and then throughout a game of footy.... gives away undisciplined frees, and doesn't kick goals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: