Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Was Last Year a Fluke For Us?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Was last year a fluke for us?
yes
17%
 17%  [ 11 ]
yes
17%
 17%  [ 11 ]
no
32%
 32%  [ 21 ]
no
32%
 32%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 64

Sammy Gee 

Scum supporter who tried to jump on the Collingwood bandwagon and discovered (too late) that there wasn't one!!! GONE

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:06 pm
Post subject: Was Last Year a Fluke For Us?Reply with quote

did we have a lucky run to the final last year?
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:10 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

who, Essendon?
ozboy 

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:52 pm

not sure - why don't you ask James Hird - you seem to be sleeping with him, right?
Sammy Gee 

Scum supporter who tried to jump on the Collingwood bandwagon and discovered (too late) that there wasn't one!!! GONE

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:53 pm

haha.. u r so funny
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 11:04 pm

I was going to make a comment, but I know it will be a waste of time...

Last year wasn't a fluke

So let's leave it at that okay?

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 12:27 am

yes, the way its looking at the moment, but i still think we'll bounce back next week against the crows, if not we're in big trouble
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:06 am
Post subject: Re: Was Last Year a Fluke For Us?Reply with quote

Sammy Gee wrote:

Whats this "us" crap. You are not Collingwood and thats pretty obvious. We were real lucky to make the finals :s After all we only had to become the second Melbourne team ever to win an interstate final and we did that without Bucks. Ask your mate Jimmy about winning interstate finals. Oh thats right not even his brilliance could avoid Essendon losing two one point contests against Brisbane and Sydney.

If anything we were unlucky.

JLC

joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:35 am

Is this the new the new direction of nicks bullettin is it ?

For gods sake when will someone have the guts to tell this <snip- complete and utter moron who really needfs to crawl back into the cesspool from whence they came > where to go !!!

slight reworking of Joffa's lyrics by LD...sorry mate!

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
lethalburns Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 3:02 am

We played the best 3 teams in the competition in our finals campaign.

We placed 4th on the ladder.

Teams who fluke getting into the grand final, manage to by-pass the hard games to get there.

We played Port in Adelaide, when everyone wrote us off.

We played Adelaide and were still written off.

We played Brisbane and came as close as you can get to winning with alot of things going against you.

You do the math.

There are problems at Pie land. Things have changed since last year.

The most upsetting sign for me is Malthouse losing his composure and making insane comments like supporters except too much from the side. We have just come off a humiliating thrashing on ANZAC DAY, and a one quarter performance against Sydney.

How should the supporters be Mick? You are getting paid over half a million dollars to coach our side to a flag or at least put us in the vicinity.

Last year was not a fluke... But that is not to say we are not in a tiny spot of bother at the moment... Hopefully things start to turn
Lorelei Pisces

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:56 am

I am disappointed that, after waking up after last night, this thread is still here.

After this users' posts previously, I cannot believe that -

a) IT is still a user,
b) The threads are still up - they look particulary crap.

Can someone stand up and do the Mod job please.

Jen

**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**Craig Kelly**

Floreat Pica
dillo_09 Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:11 am

Cant agree with you Joffa and Jen and as a moderator I am happy to let this thread stand as it is. The punters on Nick's will decide wether or not this thread stays visible or just dies a natural death.

It is a genuine question that someone asked based on our performances this year hoping to get a number of different opinions from people, which is what boards like this are for, discussion and good debate. The exact same question would have been asked a thousand times last night in the locker room, pubs near the dome, on trains and in peoples cars last night after the game.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:36 am

dillo_09 wrote:
Cant agree with you Joffa and Jen and as a moderator I am happy to let this thread stand as it is. The punters on Nick's will decide wether or not this thread stays visible or just dies a natural death.

It is a genuine question that someone asked based on our performances this year hoping to get a number of different opinions from people, which is what boards like this are for, discussion and good debate. The exact same question would have been asked a thousand times last night in the locker room, pubs near the dome, on trains and in peoples cars last night after the game.

That is absolute bullshit dillo and you know it, what the hell has last year got to do with this year what relevance has last year got on last night's result.

Is this sad moron a collingwood supporter ?
Does he bleed for the black and white ?
Why is he allowed to troll on nicks board
You know what ? sad dickheads like him encourage other spineless dickheads to come on here and slag at collingwood.
Its a joke

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:39 am

I suppose these same punters were questioning Buckleys game last week as SammyGee was ??

Its pretty obvious this guy is a school boy on holidays who barracks for Essendon.

jlc

daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 10:41 am

No, we were good enough last year and deserved to be there. We are good enough this year as well, but....

I was talking to Joffa last week and he brought up a good point. I hope he doesn't mind me using it. See, we have a group of very young players who played in a Grand Final last year, and lost by 9 points. Oh well, we did ourselves proud apparantly, there's fire in the belly. We go hard and make the Night Final, but get soundly beaten. This is where it goes undone. These are kids, and they need confidence in their footy ability to perform at their best. In my opinion, the belief that we had last year has been wiped out by two final loses in a row, losing in Brisbane and then getting thumped by Essendon.

The fact is we needed a huge win last night, but we played like rubbish except for a 15-20 minute burst. It's not good enough, and they know it. Hopefully though that comeback (which, if we had of pulled it off, would have been the greatest win I had ever seen) last night might give them some confidence we can take into next week. Hopefully.

These 3 losses are not going to stop me going to Adelaide next week. And I know in my heart that when the final siren goes, all I'll be able to hear is Good Old Collingwood Forever.
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 9:39 pm

JOFFA WROTE-

Quote:
That is absolute bullshit dillo and you know it, what the hell has last year got to do with this year what relevance has last year got on last night's result.

Is this sad moron a collingwood supporter ?
Does he bleed for the black and white ?
Why is he allowed to troll on nicks board
You know what ? sad dickheads like him encourage other spineless dickheads to come on here and slag at collingwood.
Its a joke

SAMMYGEE WROTE-

Quote:

sorry joffa but you shouldnt be saying stuff like that in this case. first of all, He hasnt even said what he thinks, he might think it wasnt lucky! and second of all i dont think you have the right to be making comments like that to a person you dont even know.

i dont disagree with you very often but i think your being a bit harsh on this occasion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: