Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Once again we have stuffed up...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SS11 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 11:13 am
Post subject: Once again we have stuffed up...Reply with quote

oh my gosh- we lost Mal Michael, Fraser gehrig (sort of lost)

and we got Molloy and sweet f.a from fremantle

get those wooden spoons out ppl's.....
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 11:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Settle down. Lets wait and see how they play first.
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 2:32 pm

hey scot
yep u are spot on mate
well we should be used to this by now.
i mean what have we done
we get 2 rejects from freo
michael walks out
we dont get gehrig
malloy should be ok?
i have posted here before the truth about our current list
its the 2nd to worst in the competition
and nothing has happened today to ghange that
please dont get excited about these numbers in
the upcomming draft
if one plays regular senior football we will be lucky
and heres something to worry about it was quoted by fraser gehrig
in todays herald sun'stkilda were more 'proffessional'
how many times have we heard that in recent years!!

nikki 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 3:04 pm

Ok i heard it wasnt collingwood at all... It was West Coast they were making it really difficult for us to swap cause of the whole Malthouse issue... I dont necessarily think it is true i just heard it ok....

------------------
GO THE MIGHTY PIES
SAV & ANTHONY LEGENDS FOREVER!!!
GO ROGAN, JOSH YOUR MY HERO..

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 3:10 pm

Freo Supporters weren't happy to see either clement or holland go. Holland has been likened to Robert Harvey with his strength and skill. Clement is a good solid defender in the same mould as Scott Burns. He Has good skills and disposal. Should make a decent foil for Burns in the backline someone who can hit their targets for a change. Molloy will make a solid reliable target at full forward. He has the physical presence to do so. Tarrant will still get bullied around by bigger full backs whereas molloy wont and unlike Sav the last couple of years will be more consistent and has the ability to intimidate opposing defences rather than being too soft. Mal Michael was inconsistent and was in some respects a player the pies had accumulated a lot of - tall decent leap but not the physical stature to take constested marks
regularly. Also Michael wasn't a reliable shot on goals. Just saying this so u realise that getting molloy for michael is not as bad as some of you guys think. Steinfort, don't really know much about him but his height in defence would be a bonus. Anthony Rocca should finally nail down Centre Half Forward as his own next season. Also buck up guys we still have the pre-season draft to snare someone else decent. We also have to realise that none of these players are over 25. Clement and Molloy are 24, Steinfort 23 and Holland 20, hence at least we aren't back to the real bad days of picking up has-beens or never-were's in their late 20's or early 30's.On top of that we gave Ricky Olarenshaw to the Kangaroos stick that up your ass Larry and pooshooter
Magpie mick 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 3:49 pm

Molloy is a lazy overweight fat slob

MAGPIE MANIAC 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:17 pm

Mal got too greedy so good riddance. Is it definite that we have got Malloy and all these other players? When I see them in Black and White I will believe it - who is to say that they won't decide not to play for the Mighty Pies! Look what happened with Kinnear last year!!! I cannot believe that Saint Kilda will be able to afford to pay Gehrig, Fraser Brown, Hammil and Malcolm Blight!!! We were Wooden Spooners last year and we didn't get any big name players from the Draft so who is off with the Fairies here!!! We should be able to afford to attract some high profile players and my guess is that Mick and Co. have something else up there sleeve. Mick Malthouse not Proffessional - Hmmmm. I think he would have gotten Gehrig if he really wanted him. Let's hope that we get it right this year.
magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:34 pm

Well! We'll just have to wait and see eh! As they say "the proof is in the pudding!". But, just now my pudding tastes like sour grapes... bugga!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:39 pm

some freo supporters of the female variety woulda been pissed that holland went cos hes good looking but anyway. bloody hell we coulda got hamill or something, anyway we could get allan or someone from the pre season.
magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:08 pm

Hope spring eternal in your heart doesn't it CQ? Gotta love that! But, then again we are Collingwood supporters.
I really think they scheduled the Olympics as a distraction for Collingwood supporters. Maybe we could play Cathy Freeman on the wing? She's about the same size as Michael Long! I heard she might go to St. Kilda in the preseason draft.

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 10:30 pm

Let's not jump to hasty conclusions. We didn't get any 'name' players but I believe there's another draft coming up soon for that. Most of the posts seem to be of the opinion that these blokes are OK, so let's see how they go. We should not forget how far behind were were, and although we have made some advances this year, but we are still miles behind the pack. Rome wasn't built in a day, and the next pies premiership team will not be built in one draft(or season). Be realistic!

Malthouse may be many things, but not a fool. Give the bloke a chance! The guy has to build his team, a sustainable one at that. We've got to stick with the kids we got. The blokes we got rid off were good on their day but inconsistent. Even their mums would agree with that.

Someone made the call for Eddie to get out his check book! (in another thread I believe). It's not the answer anymore, if it ever was.

Newelly - excellent points throughout, we havent picked up duds with dead peoples knees or washed up old hacks with one (bad and expensive)year left in them.

I'd figure we missed Gehrig as a result of the weegirls getting a bit of schoolboy revenge on MM. Still, fir half a mill a year, the saints can have him.
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 11:22 am

Stupid Gehrig what is all the fuss anyway? We barely heard much of him till he went on this mad moneygrabbing spree. St.Kilda u would think would now be well over the salary cap and will have to get rif of some big names. Stewie Loewe i say then they can just thrown Spider on our way! I think they musta got compensation for shithole Colonial anyway thats probably how they could afford all this.

???

rhain 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 2:44 pm

Spidergirl!
and like you would give a shit if Gehrig went to St. Kilda?
It is quite brilliant for you. Knowing Collingwood haven't got him and the saints have. You should really stick with the pies
NO point of goin 4 those other gay teams!
Why don't you go 4 every team in the league.
Then you will never lose!

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 10:33 pm

No Rhain, she will not never lose!!!

It will be a zero sum game. Look it up.

[This message has been edited by London Dave (edited 14 September 2000).]
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2000 6:59 am

Rhain let me warn u nicely - U R really testing my patience!

???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: