Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wakelin Gets One Week!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crazy_eyes 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:31 pm
Post subject: Wakelin Gets One Week!!!Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad What a joke, Wakelin gets one week for doing what? Rewolt gets off for saying sorry, wakes doesnt. I find the inconsistancies in the umpires incredible.

I tell you what this whole game has become a joke!

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

we already have a thread on this subject, why start a new one?
Go_The_Mighty_Magpies Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:52 pm

Im SOO upset wakes got suspended Sad
wa magpie Taurus

The Future

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:08 pm

complete bulls**t!!!! afl needs to get this subject rite, along with deliberate out of bounds. is it just me but have we been getting "pinged" for this alot? against brissy i think it was? cost a goal if i can remember correctly. brissy did the same thing in their defence and &%%& all was called.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:59 pm

The AFL needs to get rid of this rule, because it's retarded and it's jut adding more problems to the games. Now the AFL players will have to be watching the umpire and worrying about making contact with him.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:24 pm

what did he do wrong, accidently bump into a person on the ground and get a WEAK SUSPENTION!! it doesnt make sence, the AFL have some SERIOUS PROBLEMS! thats just pitful..... to say the LEAST!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:25 pm

maggies2003 wrote:
rules are rules and unfortunately wakelin did break a rule, so we cant really complain..

Very true, but it is a very stupid rule, how can the players play football and try and find where the umpires are? It's impossible, and for Wakelin he was going to hit that umpire even if he didn't try. This rule needs to be killed off.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
MrsTarrant Sagittarius

I love you Chrissy Tarrant you rock!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:46 pm

It's an absolute joke I just started laughing when I heard about it! What can be done about this NOTHING makes me so angry!
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Banksy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:00 am

This crap about players getting rubbed out for running into the maggots has gone beyond the joke..........correct me if i'm wrong,but i'm under the impression you get rubbed out for doing something intentionally......what player decides to line these morons up on purpose...none.
These incidents are all unavoidable,the way the game is played these days they will continue to happen again and again....you have at times up to 20 or more players at stoppages running in all directions trying to man up or whatever......and half the time these socalled umpires can't even bounce the bloody thing,causing players to break stride or turn sharply in an instance.
So you tell me what does the AFL achieve by suspending players for breaking this stupid rule?
I'am all for players getting rubbed out for doing the wrong things ,but when they start getting rubbed out for running into a maggot...give me a break.
We the supporters go to the footy to watch the players strut their stuff....not these maggots that think they're bigger than the game itself.
So the solution should be...players try your best to avoid umpires and vise versa,but if for some reason there's a collision...well we all know it wasn't intentional....end of story.
AGE Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:15 am

correct me if i'm wrong,but i'm under the impression you get rubbed out for doing something intentionally..

I agree with you there Banksy, what an absolute joke. What player would even think about lining up an umpire?? If you cough in an umps direction you get 4 weeks. So why are all these players who have eyes only for the ball and brushing past umpires getting suspended?

And didn't Colbert fall over an ump knocking him A over T on the w/end? He didn't even get cited. And Wakes and the Carlton Scum get a week for touching shoulders with one.

This great game was ruined about 8 years ago when the AFL started bringing in all these bull**it rules. e.g. player off for a pinhead-sized blood spot on the arm, ruck contests.
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:50 am

They wanna do something quick to save this great game because all this bullshit is making me puke..im just about sick of it

Its gone way over the top.

Joffa Corfe

email.. joffa@magpies.net
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:09 am

Bloody Hell..... its the white maggots who should get suspended for being in the way of the player not the other way around..... How ridiculous....

IMO if an umpire gets in the way of a player he (the umpire) is sheparding for the opposing team.... Since when has that been allowed.??

The AFL better think about that....and fast....

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 3:14 am

he got the week that everyone suspected but for some reason im still surprised. is there any provision that the tribunal must account for the decisions they make? precedent definately comes into play when handing out penalties and therefore they surely take into account the reiwoldt incident last week.

“I just don’t think he took due care considering where he was coming from,” Allen said while giving evidence.

Wakelin claimed to be unsighted, suggesting the line of sight between himself and the umpire was blocked by his direct opponent, David Hille.

“At no stage did I see the actual umpire. I didn’t see him at all until contact was made,” Wakelin said.
appeal appeal appeal... if only to waste the tribunal's time. an utter joke and an embarrasment to the game. and the afl are concerned about promoting the game nation-wide. rubbish like this confuses the kids more than anything.
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:45 am

This must be one of the most stupid rulings around AND one of the most inconsistent – especially taking into account the players who haven’t been reported for exactly the same type of incident so far this season. If a player king-hits an umpire ban him for life BUT if it’s an ACCIDENT what are they getting suspended for?

There are 2 teams and 3 umpires out on the ground running every which way so collisions are bound to happen - but how can a player be so harshly dealt with for just a minor ‘bump’? If nothing else, a player should simply be fined ($500-$1000?) for not showing ‘due care’ around an umpire – to think a champion player may be ineligible for a Brownlow just because he and an umpire got in each others way is completely ludicrous.

The AFL HAS to look at this rule NOW before it gets out of hand. Firstly, either EVERY player making contact with an umpire has to be cited or none – they can’t just pick and choose. And secondly it should NOT result in a suspension. Personally I think if the player apologies to the umpire straight after the incident then it should be let go, if the AFL in their great wisdom think there hasn’t been due care – then fine the player. The umpires do need to be protected to a certain degree but suspensions from ACCIDENTAL contact is unfair, costly and basically infuriating.

NOTICE TO THE AFL: THIS RULE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED NOW!

GO PIES!
Marg
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:55 am

Absolutely shocking decision! For starters, it shouldn't even be a reportable offence accidentally bumping into umpires, but to actually receive a suspension for it is beyond a joke.

I like this though, from afl.com:
The tribunal took into consideration Wakelin’s unblemished record over 10 years and 145 games of AFL football before handing down its penalty.

What? Were they actually going to give him a longer suspension then, if he'd been up to the tribunal before? Pathetic! And he ended up with the same suspension as someone who has only played a handful of games and who was said by the tribunal to have been the worse offender (Thornton from Carlton). Really makes me wonder sometimes, what this game is coming to...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: