Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

were they just tired

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hermie Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:16 pm
Post subject: were they just tiredReply with quote

were they just flat from playing brisbane in brisbane the week before
Whitey Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that's a very viable excuse for the pies, although it may well have been a factor with some of the players, after so many weeks on the up. The magpies should have won the match, but they obviously weren't good enough, and if they want to beat brisbane, and other good teams, they've got to step up to the plate and win even if they are tired, i think. also - they had a big break between games, surely they should be able to recover, perhaps more so than other weeks where they have a lesser break between rounds. they did look very flat though didn't they? Question
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:22 am

I would hope not!

Come finals time we will be expected to play several tough games in a row (Even though we will get the week break during the Prelims Wink )

Warbler 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:38 am

I thought we looked tired all game - kicks & handballs just missing targets - very frustrating .
Bucks was the only one who looked fresh . Pleeeeeese don't play like that - I find it too stressfull .
A huge win over Stinky Swamps this week - please .
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:02 am

I have said it before and I will say it again...( I have always wanted to quote ferris on here) They entered the game last week over confident, thinking that Essendon would be a push over and they got seriously Burnt. We banged on the first couple with relative ease and the boys relaxed even more. Even MM probably went into this game thinking it would be a time that they could try new things as it might be a great opportunity to do so as Essendon may be easy beats....it backfired, we got burnt, time to learn and take every game as if the whole season depended upon it. If you Under estimate you end up with not enough materials to finish the job. I am sure it won't happen again.

Cheers

Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:12 am

here here NP. Could agree more. Our arrogance cost us.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:15 am

It's round 5 going on round 6 if we are tired already we are in big Trouble!
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:40 am

I wonder how many teams will back up a trip to Brisbane with a victory the following week? I wonder when the last Victorian team did it? How did Melbourne, the following week, after beating them up there?

We need a stats man.

swooper 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:54 pm

I dont buy the tired exuse, we had 7 days to recover and I doubt if they would have gone into the game thinking easy win either. In fact i was surprised that we were favourites going into that game. If we are tired after one big interstate game, we will be in strife come finals time. Yes they definitely looked flat, but I cant believe that they couldnt hype themselves up for another big game - they always do for ANZAC day games and even in the games we have lost in the past, they always fight it out to the end. No, they were beaten all over the ground by a better side on the day. Lets hope they learn from it
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:20 pm

Spot on Northern Pie. We were so sure it would bea good win for us that we actually forgot about doing the work that needs to be done for a good win to be possible i wont name anyone but the 'rockstar' image has got to them, theyre way too cool now and they expect to kick 5 goals and win easily. This is all the ANZAC day loss was and i really think this loss was vital in giving us a kick up the arse and i dont think it will happen again. Its prolly the best thing that coudla happened to us. We wont lose liek that again this year. Our season is about to take off.

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: