Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Josh Fraser on White Line Fever Tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanch wrote:

As I've said in another thread, we are very quick to have a crack at 20 year olds.

Josh WILL be a captain of collingwood

1st comment, not just any 20 yr old, we invested our 1st draft pick with him remember, therefore he gets scrutinised a little more closely.

and as for him being captain YER RITE! tarkyn will be our next captain everyone knos that! Very Happy
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:46 pm

I'll start with your last point..... I thought Josh was one of our best players in the loss to Essendon. His ruck AROUND THE Ground was excellent.

My argument is that he is just not a CLASS ruckman as the names I listed and you listed yourself.

It is my opinion that our ruck is made to look a heap better than it actually is by the class midfield that we have.

A quality tap ruckman in our side would put us right up there with the Brissie Lions!!!

Last Friday had nothing to do with the ruck. Last Friday was a bad team display, period. To me it took us back to the Buckley VS them days and I thought it was a very scary sight... Hopefully the team can regroup for this week and kick the swans arse
chalky 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:39 pm

Scottymac, MM had the choice of any number of ruckmen going around during pre season - Everitt, Keating, knoble, Allen. Yet, knowing that a class ruckman of the tap variety would obviously be the difference between winning and losing a grand final, MM chose Woewodin and williams, two class midfielders. What does this mean?
Can we leave the ruck debate until the end of season post mortems. We seem to debate in circles as to the actual merits of a tap ruckman vs around the ground type. What's the difference betwen the two again?
Let's agree to disagree on this one. cheers
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:20 pm

CQ wrote:

not just any 20 yr old, we invested our 1st draft pick with him remember, therefore he gets scrutinised a little more closely.

none the less he is still 20 years old....and reading between the lines is a dangerous thing so let me know if i've misinterpreted that but......it appears as though you are referring to the fact that he is a no.1 draft pick...true...i also gather that this leads to bigger expectations?

expectation leads to disappointment, not only in footy but life in general. the argument may be that you should have certain expectations of a no.1 draft pick....well i do too, but in doing so i give myself every opportunity to experience disappointment. maybe i'm just someone who can see the glowing bright light at the end of the tunnel with Josh. For those who don't think josh is heading anywhere as a ruckman can you please do something for me:

watch last years games when josh was in the ruck....then watch the games he has played in the ruck this year....then tell me if you think there's much improvement. I know what I think.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Molly Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:43 pm

the game last week against essendon was definately josh's best for the year - have faith and I'm sure he'll start delivering on a more regular basis soon.....hopefully!
grims 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:54 pm

Remember josh has had interupted starts to the season both this year and last year. Unless josh gets a big long term injury, he will be a star. I tip him to have a big game this week against sydney.
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:16 am

I am sure he went on tv to earn some money, pay me and I will go and tele and talk about the Pies. He is definitely and I emphasize that word not captaincy material. I think even Malty now recognises that. You need to bond well with your teammates among other reasons.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 8:46 am

I was a big fan of Josh, he has been a disapointment of late. He says he wants to get back to basics. He should just go back to enjoying his football.

He is all class and will get back to playing well along with many of his team mates. A few quality wins against quality oppositions will lift him and his fellow team mates. Hard month ahead and nows the time to stand up.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:22 am

What short memories we have. Captaincy = Leadership. Josh is a born leader. His leadership skills may need refining however I remember the best captain in the league only a few years ago couldn't "bond well with teammates among other reasons". Bux has learned a lot over the past few years about being a captain and leader of a team. Josh will do the same in time.

We will see in the next 5-7 years how he progesses as captain material.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:57 am

Quote:
He should just go back to enjoying his football.

lol and how would he do that? what with every one just waitng for him to have a bad game for them to air thier "opinion" about him again. seriously how many bad games do you remember say ablet playing? probably none people tend to remember how good you where when you retire, not how good you are now, I'm sure legends like Daics was bagged during his time, now he's a club legend and rightly so. it goes something like this, some people get a dislike for a player, maybe they don't agree with the recruitment of a player or the selection of a player and then they watch them intently for a mistake and BAMM! they are on here quik as a flash telling every one that this player can't kick, handball, mark or whatever, and then the next time the player makes a mistake they are back here telling us how right they are, have a look around there are still people who think Bucks is "overated" and they still bag him just B'cos they don't like him, same with Lica, rocca etc.
I'll wait till the end of a players time with Collingwood to weigh up their football career with us.

stoid Virgo

stoid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:34 am

Why is it that everyone here belives that Josh is only 20???
He is 21 and 4 months. He had his 21st birthday on January 5.
lones37 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 6:11 pm

For those with the short memories, for how many years did we carry on like this about Pebbles???? We gave him time and he is now 26 and delivering much more consistently, and one of our key players. In 3 or 4 years time he will be a champion, make no mistake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: