Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Josh Fraser on White Line Fever Tonight

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Natalie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:28 pm
Post subject: Josh Fraser on White Line Fever TonightReply with quote

For all of those with Foxtel, Josh will be on White Line Fever tonight at 7:30pm EST.

It will be interesting to hear his comments about Friday's game and how he's going as well.
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer he kept of the airwaves and actually did something on the field. His maxim should be ACTIONS speak louder than words.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:44 pm

If you think Josh wasn't one of our better players on Friday you need your head read. Josh is doing his job - and in the ruck too I might add.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
Whitey Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:10 pm

Quote:
I would prefer he kept of the airwaves and actually did something on the field.

I think he has a contract with foxtel doesn't he??
Nicholas 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:30 am

I think he was one of our better players, and against ordinary ruckmen. But you have missed the point, he still isn't performing like the huge star he was touted to be. He gets all the media gigs because supposedly he's this once in a generation player. My advice is to focus on footy and forget the image, then you might become half the player we want you to. Remember you cost us first pick, you came ahead of the likes of Pavlich. I just want you to prove you are a bona fide first draft pick, not just a reasonable to good player.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:59 am

As I've said in another thread, we are very quick to have a crack at 20 year olds. It's a well known fact that big men take longer to come to fruition. Josh WILL be a captain of collingwood and he will be the dominant big man of the competition. Name a big man in the comp who can dummy around players like josh.

MM always said he judges players by how they play in big games. Josh has performed in every big game he's played in....FULL STOP!

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:09 am

I agree blanch, give the kid a break..normally big men like himself would not have even got a start in the big stuff. I think MM realizes whathe has on his hands and will continue to help the kid develop.

Cheers

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:57 am

Nicholas what do you do after work? go home and have a beer?. here's a young bloke taking critisisms for his percieved lack of "taking the next big step" while he works his guts out to be a gun footballer, taking crap from the media and so called Magpie fans and instead of heading home for a relaxing evening he's on TV promoting our club and fielding questions from viewers ( for those without payTV, whiteline fever is a talkback tv show where you can phone, e-mail and sms questions ) after such a thumping as we got on the weakend. this speaks volumes for Josh and our club, most clubs after a loss like that would shut the door on the media. The modern footballer is a 24/7 footballer and to say that apearing on a tv show will some how effect his preperations for the next match is a insult to his professionalism. personaly I like to see and hear our boys on tv and radio and trust that Malty and the football staff will do whats best for the boys and the club.
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:43 pm

As I have said in another Thread Josh isn't and will NEVER be a Star Ruckman.... For some reason at this stage he shows no signs of it.. While saying that I believe he will be a star forward player and around the ground ruckman on second tier rucks but not first choice.

As for the captaincy. Doubt it. As with Tessa I have met him but the first thing that came across is he is not captaincy material!!!!

Hopefully he will prove me wrong!!!
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:36 pm

ScottyMac wrote:
Josh isn't and will NEVER be a Star Ruckman.... For some reason at this stage he shows no signs of it..

I'll go on the record then. Josh Fraser is EASILY in our best 22. Josh Fraser HAS shown signs of being a top quality ruckman - ask Stephen King if you disagree - not once but twice in a matter of weeks. I'll say it now; the kid IS going to be a star ruckman. He will be a star. He is a number one draft pick and well worthy of it. He will be one of the best we've had at the club.

Big statements? You better believe it. For anyone to watch the poise this guy has at his age and for his size....pfft, i can't believe I'm even trying to justify this.

He will be a champion...not this year, not next year but it is coming. When he does, I won't come looking for anyone to say I told you so, I'll just wait for some to jump on his bandwagon and welcome you all.

As he is right now, I stand by what I said above - easily in the top 22. Fraser is all class and in a few years you will all see it.

As far as being a captain, I've never met him so I wouldn't know but I'd still wager a 10er on it.

ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:42 pm

No arguments from me that he is all class. A bloke that can swing around on the left or right foot from 40 meters out and kick a great snap goal (which he did many times last year) Always has class but IMO he is A Class FORWARD or I personally would love to see him playing off half back!!!

As for his ruck work..... he is a good AROUND THE GROUND ruckman against players with less football brains and skill but will NEVER be up to the Standard of the Gardners, Kings, Primus's and Whites. That is the class and standard we need to become one of the great teams.
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:50 pm

Was it just me who saw Josh influence the game in the ruck against Geelong? It matters not, I'll agree to disagree on this one.

Scotty, you and I can sit back together and marvel at his ruck work in 3-4 years time. Hopefully by then I'll be in melbourne and we can have a few ales together while we watch his dominance - and you can hold me to that drink if I ever get to to melbourne again to watch a game live.

d9 tank 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:20 pm

I'm with you Blanch, I actually think his last few weeks of rucking has been very impressive, or at least more so than in the past. Good signs if you ask me.
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 2:31 pm

errr hello he is 20...sheez
chalky 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:13 pm

Just a query scottymac. No argument re class of josh, will be a champion something?? with the "Pies.
If ruckmen such as Gardner, King, White, Primus add Darcy, Everitt to the list, are so much more superior in class and standard to our list of battlers and if the classic one dimentional tap ruckmen like those mentioned are so essential to teams tasting ultimate success, then -
how come we beat them with our below standard rucks? and how come those teams have not won or played off in a grand final, given the class and superior quality of their ruckmen? And did we lose vs essendon because we were beaten by Hille and Allessio? And did we beat Rich, Carl and Gee because we beat them in the ruck?
Mate, not having a go. Trying to make a point about this obsession we have with rucks. Whenever we lose it's because we don't have a ruck and posters regurgitate the tap out stats as proof, but when we win it was the forwards or backline. Our ruckmen (or lack of?) always seem to be the scapegoats for losses. No one bothers to satifactorily explain this extraordinary phenomena of winning games with no class superior ruckman. cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: