Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Don't give up, on Collingwood, yet..

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate if you think that in 90 we were the best team you are dreaming. Hawthorn were better (and proved it beat beating us that year, and flagging the year before and the year after), West Coast were better (and should have beaten us in the finals and eventually went bang bang with more or less the same team) and Essendon were better. We beat (some of) them with blokes who were limited in skill, playing their guts out and beating guys who had superior skill but not superior guts. Look at the Grand Final - guts, guts, guts.

What does Port Adelaide lack? Guts, not skill. You argue that Brisbane has it all - if this is the case, why did they only beat Collingwood, your so-called mumbly fumbly basketcase with so many inept players by 9 points? If we had had as many high draft picks over a long period of time, as well as Qld player protection ala the Eagles, then we could field a state side like the Bears. Yet your utopian dynasty still only beat us by 9 points. 9. Lower draft picks mean lower skill brackets, thats how the whole draft is meant to work, sharing the silky of skill to clubs that need it.

What really got up my craw was you marginalising mckee & licuria, who gutsed out a number of significant victories when greater skilled opponents fell down. Guts can get you plenty of places that skill can't be bothered reaching. McGough will be a star and has proven it a few times already.

You call me a judge! You have already judged a whole list of players and said that they are no good and we would be better off without them.

Pfft.
*tAz_baBii* Leo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:28 pm

hey guys, i think its time we all took a bit of a breather and calmed down a few notches. Surprised

we all have 'different' views, some that may seem completely ridiculous, others that make logical sense, but hey, such is life!

howbout we leave the whole coaching/player replacement thingy to our mastermind MM & HIS staff, he seems to know what his doing! (although some might not agree judging by friday's game, but hey, its a world away now...bring on sydney!)
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:00 pm
Post subject: Danny Roach played senior football?Reply with quote

I didn't know that he played in the seniors at Collingwood, I remember him playing countless reserves games. True about the rest, He could of played I just can't say I remember him ever playing in the seniors.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
y2Traci Gemini

Geelong Magpie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:31 pm

Yep, Danny Roach played one game in the seniors, against Richmond...in 2001 if I remember correctly....
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:32 pm

September 11th was such a human tragedy. . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: