Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Don't give up, on Collingwood, yet..

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

"Don't give up on Collingwood yet" If you give up on my/ our boys already..... clearly you shouldn't be here!!!!!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:02 pm

ScottyMac wrote:
"Don't give up on Collingwood yet" If you give up on my/ our boys already..... clearly you shouldn't be here!!!!!

SPOT ON!
couragous cloke Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:15 pm

wont give up on them, never will, if i survived 1999 i think i can survive a couple of losses in a row! we'll hit back against sydney and if we dont then we're in a bit of trouble knowing we've got adelaide at AAMI the week after, this is the period where we have to stand up and prove where better than people are thinking right now.
ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:24 pm

Put it this way we have played the previous two premiership sides of the last few years round 4 and 5. MM said they both were the worst games he has seen. We can only get better!!!!

And with Sydney useless away from the SCG I think the Mighty Pies will be back on the winners list.

Hird shit on us last week, The lions midfield killed us.... you wont find any better than those two ANYWHERE!!!!
dimo 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:48 pm

Good to see same healthy debate, only time will tell who is right or wrong. History is a great reference point and shows alot if you a prepared to open your mind and not look with closed eyes.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:02 pm

Lica may not have the best disposal in the league, but that does not go to say that every kick or handball is a clanger either.

His touch is getting better each appearance this year.

MagpieMel Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:07 pm

What is going on with people lately, sure the team hasn't played as well as everyone expected that they would after last year.
But has anyone stopped to think that maybe we are judging them way to harshly ? did anyone consider us as a Grand Final team this time last year ? even when we made the finals how many people actually expected us to beat Port over in Adelaide let alone make the big one.
Last year the boys played well above what any of us expected of them, so now that things aren't going as well how about we support them instead of sticking the knife in ? It's still early in the season a lot can and will happen between now and the last round.
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:22 pm

AbsoluteTallant wrote:

accross
disapointed.

PS. Can you edit the spelling in your post Prototyp? I don't want to come accross as up myself but it's not that easy to read.

People in glass houses !!!!!
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:27 pm

Assasin wrote:
AT you're a Clown mate , didn't you read my reply to you re Lica ?

And re prototypes spelling you don't appear to be up yourself , you're that far up there mate you have to drop your daks to brush your teeth.

Ok so we're resorting to personal insults now are we Assasin simply because you don't agree with my views?

That's a good basis on which to criticise my character (by showing little of your own).

I think I did read a reply from you re Licuria. What does that mean you're right and I'm wrong? Please...

It's funny that you appear to be picking me to have a go at when I'm far from the only person criticising Licuria.

I don't want to resort to this personal stuff. If you disagree, you disagree. just say so and forget the personal crap.
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:28 pm

2 PIES IN CAIRNS wrote:
AbsoluteTallant wrote:

accross
disapointed.

PS. Can you edit the spelling in your post Prototyp? I don't want to come accross as up myself but it's not that easy to read.

People in glass houses !!!!!

haha that's a fair call. Two out of how many words isn't comparable though is it?

Seriously, if Prototype is/was offended by my comments (which I have no indication so far that he/she is), I apologise.
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:35 pm

MagpieMel wrote:
What is going on with people lately, sure the team hasn't played as well as everyone expected that they would after last year.
But has anyone stopped to think that maybe we are judging them way to harshly ? did anyone consider us as a Grand Final team this time last year ? even when we made the finals how many people actually expected us to beat Port over in Adelaide let alone make the big one.
Last year the boys played well above what any of us expected of them, so now that things aren't going as well how about we support them instead of sticking the knife in ? It's still early in the season a lot can and will happen between now and the last round.

I think you indirectly raise a fair point MagpieMel. What are our expectations for this year? My understand was we all expect improvement on last year which depending on who you ask equals more home and away wins or a Premiership.

I'm certainly judging the team on that basis. I'm looking at the best there is going around and asking if we can comfortably beat them whenever required (home and away, finals..) and I have to say no.

I certainly expect better than a 10 goal flogging by an average team missing many of it's better players (Wellman, Fletcher, Ramanauskas).
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:40 pm

*tAz_baBii* wrote:
hey AT!

wile were @ it y dont we get rid of bux 2?

then we'll reali b premiership contendaz...... Shocked

p.s hope dis is legible enuff 4 u! Laughing

Hiya tAz_baBii

Yep I can read your 'net lingo Smile

Your theory suggests that Licuria is anywhere in the same stratosphere as Buckley. He isn't. It is this type of assumption that I think holds us back but I wont elaborate as everyone seems to be unable to cope with my analysis (which is understandble considering a natural human reaction to an disaster is to band together and fight/unite).

Last edited by AbsoluteTallant on Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:22 pm

While we are at it let's apply the AbsoluteTallant logic to the 1990 side.

pretend its october 89.....

AT: well we have a shit bunch of underachievers, let's take the axe to

Kerrison: won't improve, too slow, can't mark above his head
Christian: won't improve, kicks like a robot, turns like a battleship
Gayfer: how is this bloke still in the team. Can't kick, can't handball, can't bowl, can't throw
Morwood: Won't improve, too slow
Kelly: Too undisciplined, won't improve, kicks to the opposition
Crosisca: funny kick, too slow, won't improve much
Shaw: can't kick, too slow, won't improve, just a mouth
Wright: one footed, won't pick up his man, won't improve
Banks: washed up, undisciplined, get rid of him
Manson: how the hell did he ever get drafted, useless, can't do anything but act and play guitar
Barwick: why did we get this dick, get rid of him, hack
Russell: too soft, goes missing, won't improve
Brown: overrated, should swap him for michael long or tim watson
Daicos: overrated, too easily tagged out of big games, soft
Monkhort: won't improve, just a lout
McGuane: overrated, injury prone, no downfield vision
Francis: won't improve (so what if he's what, 20?)
Turner: strewth why is this guy still in the AFL?
Starcevich: highly overrated, no left foot, get rid of him
Leigh Matthews: good player but can't coach. let's try for Parkin or Walls

Negativity about Licka and McGough like i've seen.... i'd expect that on bomberblitz - but NO - THEY RATE LICKA HIGHLY. Keep your bs views on champions to yourself.

yeah i left out Pants

Millane: I can't slur this guy, not even as a joke
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:01 pm

Cam wrote:
While we are at it let's apply the AbsoluteTallant logic to the 1990 side.

pretend its october 89.....

AT: well we have a shit bunch of underachievers, let's take the axe to

Kerrison: won't improve, too slow, can't mark above his head
Christian: won't improve, kicks like a robot, turns like a battleship
Gayfer: how is this bloke still in the team. Can't kick, can't handball, can't bowl, can't throw
Morwood: Won't improve, too slow
Kelly: Too undisciplined, won't improve, kicks to the opposition
Crosisca: funny kick, too slow, won't improve much
Shaw: can't kick, too slow, won't improve, just a mouth
Wright: one footed, won't pick up his man, won't improve
Banks: washed up, undisciplined, get rid of him
Manson: how the hell did he ever get drafted, useless, can't do anything but act and play guitar
Barwick: why did we get this dick, get rid of him, hack
Russell: too soft, goes missing, won't improve
Brown: overrated, should swap him for michael long or tim watson
Daicos: overrated, too easily tagged out of big games, soft
Monkhort: won't improve, just a lout
McGuane: overrated, injury prone, no downfield vision
Francis: won't improve (so what if he's what, 20?)
Turner: strewth why is this guy still in the AFL?
Starcevich: highly overrated, no left foot, get rid of him
Leigh Matthews: good player but can't coach. let's try for Parkin or Walls

Negativity about Licka and McGough like i've seen.... i'd expect that on bomberblitz - but NO - THEY RATE LICKA HIGHLY. Keep your bs views on champions to yourself.

yeah i left out Pants

Millane: I can't slur this guy, not even as a joke

Hi Cam, or should I call you JudgeCam, JuryCam, ExecutionerCam or just JokeCam? After all you are so funny living in the past as you do.

You can only play as good as your opposition let's you and in 1990 we towelled up everyone because we were the best.

If you think this Collingwood side is the best in the league and doesn't need revising one single bit then good for you sunshine.

You don't have to read my posts.

By the way, since you are happy with 3 flags in over half a century I am sure you'll be more than happy in the future. However some of us would rather build a side capable of a winning dynasty rather than a very good year, a premiership hangover, losing in straights sets to the likes of championship clubs Footscray and St.Kilda and then fading into oblivion and neglecting the decent duty to provide a capable team to reward the choice made by one of the greatest players to ever don the black and white - Buckley.

Take your personal vilifications and inability to tolerate criticism and mental defectiveness and apply your 'positivity' approach to this lot:

Kent Butcher
Jason Wild
Michael Clark
Nick Stone
Brent Tuckey
Dale Baynes
Danny Roach
Paul Sharkey
Scott Crow
Matthew Francis

and the countless other hacks who have polluted our senior list over the last 6 years.

I suppose they were brilliant players whose careers were tragically killed off by some crazy guy with strong opinions on an Internet chat board? Please.

If you haven't got the fortitude to hear someones considered realistic analysis then live in a bubble without access to the media!

Someone tell me where I missed the rule that stated we all have to kiss arse and bullshit on about how good all Collingwood players and officials are.

Next thing you'll be telling me that we were wrong to criticise Brad Cooper and let him go.

I've been using this board for less than a fortnight and already so many gutless wonders have seen fit to abuse and flame me. It's pathetic and those who participated should be ashamed of yourselves. None of you know me personally so what right do you have to judge me?

Do you think I don't hurt when we lose?

Do you think I'm some suck who pisses off midway through the third quarter of a thumping loss?

Do you think I haven't given $600+ of my meagre wages to the club?

My Grandparents lived and breathed Collingwood as they lived stone's throw from Vicky Park for decades on the corner of St.Philips and Gipps Streets, as did my Dad, uncle and their entire family. They were genuine working class champions who slaved away making hand-crafted shoes for a living.

Together they've seen more grand final losses than most on this board combined. They were dealing with the pain of those losses before consoling your fellow supporter on the Internet was even possible!

I spent my teenage years following Collingwood to all parts of the world and building banners - holding up the mothertrucker of all banners despite both poles snapping on Grand Final day 1990.

You can shove the comments you put in my mouth where the sun don't shine. Shane Morwood was one of the most graceful and talented half backs I've seen play for Collingwood. McGuane was a flawed (injury, drinking, gambling) genius the likes of whom could be compared to Buckley from his era. Gavin Brown is still probably the most couragous player I've ever seen. I went to Millane's funeral. His 1990 finals series with a broken thumb was/is the stuff of legend. I patted Denis Banks on his back through his sweaty guernsey leaning over the fence behind the goals during the 1990 semi-final (weird fact of the day). I always backed Micky Gayfer because he glued himself to his opponent and only the jaws of life could separate him from his opponent after a game. They crucified Micky when they deemed his style unfair. That and the caning we received in 1993 at Vicky Park at the hands of North Melbourne saw the end of him. Jimmy Manson was one of the least gifted athletes or footbalers going around but I took countless shit for wearing his number on my back wherever I could. Shall I go on?

I just hope you can all see the forest from the trees and I await the day when the AFL is a legitimate equal competition, when Collingwood works it's ring off to genuinely recruit skilled players and we can all celebrate a dominant champion team's repeated success taking us past the evil Essenscum and Carlscum and into the echelon we deserve - The Best.

[Absolute Tallant - I've cleaned up your post a little - no alteration to meaning, just a bit of the emphasis removed. - Mike]

Hi Mike. Thanks for removing my 'emphasis'. I was just about to do it myself now that I've taken a lot of breaths Smile I have just removed your [snip] bits and not replaced them with anything. Hope that's ok Smile Sorry to waste your time.

Apologies to everyone for the swearing.

Last edited by AbsoluteTallant on Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:20 pm

geeeeeeez some people get upidy don't they! what did you expect? every one to say "geee your right you know AbsoluteTallant, lets scrap this lot and start again" not bloody likely. what makes your opinion more right/valid than the next guys? co's your grand parents lived somewhere?, your not the only one on here that has been Collingwood for life, not the only one to go the above mentioned games.
Fair dinkum, if you are going to criticise players on this board you'd better be prepaired for the flak that it gets, wrightly or wrongly, Co's you see other people have opinions too, they are not as obliviously wright as you are but then.....

lol even I ducked when you put our current Copeland winner in the mix.
what was Malty thinking even playing him! LMAO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: