Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Don't give up, on Collingwood, yet..

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:21 am
Post subject: Don't give up, on Collingwood, yet..Reply with quote

WE have played badly most of year right now, bu maybe this is the lose that turns it all around. Last year suffered some early set backs and then we get it together. All we need is too support the boys, hope they start showing they are good enough to win a Premiership. 2 losses isn't reason to start doubting anything. And blaming players really isn't going to help, all that is needed is team work and a forward line...Not one player can carry a football club, no matter how good he is. Don't give up..there's still half the season to go, and we have only lost twice out of 5 games. Sure, Collingwood played the worst they have ever played against Essendon, but let's move past that lose and get ready for the rest of the season. Collingwood will have to improve to beat Sydney, because the way they have been playing they will not beat Sydney, nor will they beat anyone else for that matter. Collingwood has the team if they put it together, now that Collingwood has been given a thumping, they can now take a long hard look and see what they have been doing wrong.

Collingwood would probarly need to win atleast 15 games this year, to make the top four on the AFL ladder. Now that North Melbourne, Adelaide, have lost it leaves us in the top eight JUST. So what I am trying to say, one lose isn't the end of the season, it just proves we need to work our asses off to make it to the finals. If Collingwood can win some of the more important games, should make it easier to make the finals, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The current win-loss ratio, if extrapolated accross the whole season, is no better than last year.

Our on-field personnel does not appear to have been improved all that much and certainly not enough to be a genuine competitor with Brisbane.

Maybe we can pull something out of the bag like last year but to expect a flag as everyone is expecting... I think many may be sorely disapointed.

Based on recent efforts we are 6 players short of a premiership side. Replacements must be found for Johnson, McGough, Licuria, Molloy, McKee and Lokan.

You'll all call me negative but if you genuinely think any of those are better than their Brisbane counterparts then I don't think you know much about footy (sorry to be frank).

PS. Can you edit the spelling in your post Prototyp? I don't want to come accross as up myself but it's not that easy to read.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:17 am

looks easy enuff 2 read 2 me.
Rowdy26 

chomp - new strawberry!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:33 am

Quote:
Based on recent efforts we are 6 players short of a premiership side. Replacements must be found for Johnson, McGough, Licuria, Molloy, McKee and Lokan.

We need to find a replacement for our two times best and fairest winner????? you've got to be joking! Whats your justification for this? And I'd hate to even try to understand the reasoning for replacing the others you have mentioned.
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:20 am

Rowdy26 wrote:
We need to find a replacement for our two times best and fairest winner????

When that player cannot kick on one foot (let alone two) ? Absolutely

Rowdy26 wrote:
you've got to be joking!

Not in the slightest, I'm deadly serious. Collingwood Best and Fairest means sweet stuff all if you can't compete with the best going around (Voss, McLeod, Cousins, Akermanis, Lappin)

Rowdy26 wrote:
Whats your justification for this?

Licuria: Cannot kick left foot, don't even mention right foot. Cannot chase. Gets plenty of the ball but that means nothing if you can't deliver it.
Rowdy26 wrote:
And I'd hate to even try to understand the reasoning for replacing the others you have mentioned.

It may be a difficult topic to tackle. I know plenty of people have emotional ties to players and inflated opinions of their abilities...

McGough: Can't run, can't kick.
Molloy: unreliable kick (set shot accuracy, set shot distance), can't jump, can't get to enough contests, poor mark overhead.
Lokan: early days but shows little ability below his knees for a medium defender, poor decision making when moving forward, average delivery by foot.
McKee: a nullifying ruckman is well and good but a dominating ruckman is that much better.
Johnson: do I really have to open your eyes Rowdy? Are they that shut that you can't see how sub standard this guy is?
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:26 am

can u stop bagging McGough i would like to see u do better, i have somthing to ask u, if his so crap why would we have picked him huh just ask urself that. Maybe his just not showing us his skills yet
magpie24 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:11 am

You have got to be joking about LICA! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Surely thats a typing error
Piepark 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:17 am
Post subject: Don't give upReply with quote

I agree with you absolutetallant, but I would give McGough more time only because of his age. Licuria is proven as a performer and I would keep, but the rest can get going. Hard to make judgement about Lokan just yet as it is only his first year. The reality is, as MM as said repeatedly, you have to keep improving 5% every year to improve on the previous season.

McKee cannot improve anymore.
Betheras cannot improve anymore. (Don't worry about what he has done last year, he ain't done nothing this year).
Freeborn cannot improve anymore.
Kinnear cannot improve anymore.
Molloy cannot improve anymore.
Brodie Holland cannot improve anymore.

The good news is that all bar Mckee, each position these guys fill is easily replaced. A ruckman is harder to find, you either pay a million bucks for one (Everitt) or you groom one (how is Guy Richards going)??

We need to continue brining the kids through and not play guys on reputation. With all due respect if the best we can do after a loss is bring in Holland and Betheras, well we are more light on than what I thought. Rupert is a trier, hard working and never gives up but what part of these traits should be missing in a match anyway?

Remember we had our chance to win a GF, we should take stock, learn from our previous eras and not think we are better than what we are. MM said last year, how did he think our list stacked up against other sides. He said at the end of day we finished fourth on the ladder after the home and away in 2002 and that is about where our list was at. If anyone here can show me where we have improved in terms of playing personal above Brisbane, Pt. Adelaide and Adelaide I would be happy to debate.

Lets not become the Geelong of new century. After they lost the '89 GF, it took 'em 3 years to have another crack and they blew it. They kept on being hard working, honest club, but never had the cattle at the end of the day to win the big one.

I reckon we will have a great year this year, but next year will suit our younger kids as lots of 'em will be cherry ripe to make their mark. E.G Davidson, Cole, Lockyer, Swan, Shaw, Nixon, Walker, etc. Now they are names I get excited about !! Go Pies !!
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:35 am

Some people forget so quickly.
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:26 am

Joel sums it up best.

You really do have to wonder about the people who call for heads so quickly after a few losses.

Only round 5 and we hve more wins than losses. The way some people are carrying on you would think we havent troubled the scorers yet.
colt Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:39 am

What a stupid subject for a thread Rolling Eyes

WHO has given up on Collingwood........not me !!
Sparkin_tarkyn 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:08 pm

drop lica! Shocked hell no!
and molloy is vital to the team aswell

rupert needs to be given more of a chance and mcgough is still only young

matty lokan is doing ok aswell.

just because we have lost 2 games (including one IN brisbane AGAINST brisbane) doesnt mean we gotta change the whole team

give them a break Mad Mad
and whats this about not improving?? of course they can

leon needs a run in the reserves to get a bit of touch back

Madpies_Fan Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:24 pm

OH here we go again Rolling Eyes I don't think we'll have any players left in the team at this rate, if some have their ways.. Very Happy
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:53 pm

I think you are being a bit harsh on Licuria. This is the same Licuria that was BOG in the final against Port last year beat Andrew McLeod at Footy Park. Maybe Licuria needs to get back to just being a tagger which i think someone mentioned earlier. At least with Licuria i know im getting a guy who is 110% committed to the cause and won't shirk a contest.

Paul Kelly was a crap kick in case you hadnt noticed but still was regarded as a great player (rightly or wrongly).

jlc

*tAz_baBii* Leo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:53 pm

hey AT!

wile were @ it y dont we get rid of bux 2?

then we'll reali b premiership contendaz...... Shocked

p.s hope dis is legible enuff 4 u! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: