Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Lonie!!!!!!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 2:34 pm
Post subject: Lonie!!!!!!Reply with quote

I was just thinking that maybe Ryan Lonie should play more up foward insted of playin in the back where he has to run all the way up the groud to kick goals!! He would be useful on the wing coz he has the ability to (as u all kno) kick goals running from outside 50! I would like to see him play in the foward line for a game to see how he goes. Im sure everyone has already thought of this, but i was just interested to kno wot u all think?
Luv Rach!!xoxox
daicos4ever 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a great shot at goal but we need him runing off the half back line like he does so well. Just watch llast years Prelim Final to see how good he is at it.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:30 pm

Yeah, Rach, was thinking that just the other day. Would love to see him shooting for goal more often.

He's certainly the classic 'old time' winger although it's a vastly different game these days with the wing position almost obsolete.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:08 pm

nah we need him at half back to run the ball down as i couldnt see lokan doing lonies job. the closest to goal i would bring him is on the wing
lones37 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:24 pm

Definitely better suited to a wing Rach. Interesting to note that he played all his junior days ruck roving, would be a dynamic on baller. I dont believe he is suited to a defensive role where he has to 'man up' an opponent. A free running wingman doing his own thing would be ideal, however if your opponent is Nigel Lappin you dont really want them playing wide of each other. Maybe MM needs to try him on a Flank as you suggest, seeing as Molly is letting us down badly at the moment. Food for thought.
*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:30 pm

Yeh I agree Lones37....I was watching him on friday and there were lots of times he was free, but the other players just kicked it way over his head!!
Luv Rach!!xoxox
Whitey Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:43 pm

I agree with those who said play him on the wing. He plays his best football running towards the goal and because collingwood doesn't play a long kicking game like pagans paddocks style up forward he'd be running away from the goal most of the time. Down back or on the wing for me.
AbsoluteTallant 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:36 am

I think Ryan Lonie should play more on the ground wherever (half back or wing is my preference, don't think he has the overhead skills for the forward line but would love to be proved wrong)...

The question is not where to play Ryan Lonie but why isn't MM playing Ryan Lonie for the full 100 minutes? Exclamation Question
d9 tank 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:53 am

simple.

He's not preforming when he is on.
i_luv_tarkyn! Scorpio

Dream Big!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:10 pm

i agree rach!
ryan should be given a go playing on the wing or up forward. he is a great kick for goal, can hit targets and has the confidence to take on the opposition. although he has been playing good football in his defensive role it would be interested to see how he handles an attacking role.
go ryan.... cant wait to see you kick a bomb from outside 50 on saturday nite! Very Happy

luv jess

ScottyMac Libra

Pride, Passion, Commitment, COLLINGWOOD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:51 pm

I really don't know what to do with Lonie....... I think he is a great backman... But he would be really good on a wing!!!!! Me thinks he would fit very nicely SOMEWHERE in our midfield!!!!! Just imagine having Ryan and buckley running straight at goal out of the midfield at different stages!!!
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:00 pm

would be great to see them runnign out of the midfield straight to goal if we h ad a ruck that could successfully find them with a tap..

If we do not try and secure a senior ruck for next season during the trade period then something is not right....any back up to the theory thagt we were chasing spider till Melbourne put Woey's name on our table??

Cheers

ScottyMac Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:04 pm

Seems to me most of you underrate Stunning. I agree that he isn't the most talented and skilled ruckman in the league but I think he does the job he is given and does it very well!!!

I think our problem is his backup. Josh Fraser simply is not a ruckman and I doubt he ever will be. Sides like Brisbane have two underrated ruckman in Charman I think his name is and Macdonald....they are the best side in the comp and Steve went with them for the majority of the Brissie game!

If these young ruckman we have recruited cant fill the backup role to a satisfactory level then what are they doing at the club????
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:17 pm

Scotty,

I agree that Mckee has talent and would definately be the best back up ruckman in the league. He would be better he was the back up and Ant and Fraz could be used as third or fouth options. Mckee is not an effective tap ruck, he stops and blocks well, but is not the tap ruck that Collingwood so desperately needs (Steve if you read this I hope you prove me wrong buddy) I want him to be a great ruck, I thik he puts his whole effort into it, but realistically we are beaten in th ruck week in week out.

Lonie should remain running off the backline, he is a pleasure to watch...more time for him will come as he matures more.

Cheers

ScottyMac Libra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:26 pm

Good point Nothern Pie.... But I think that people do rate him very lightly He is NOT as bad as some portray him!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: