Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

annabelle was right - sadly

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 11:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

infact i will just go away for a few minutes and try and think it out,you gotta hate that !!!!!!

Dino 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 11:16 am

What has become obvious to me and in a way I think Pie no sauce has too is that the buzz or what ever it is we get from these types of boards can come and go.

For me I want info about what is going on at the club, what the players are doing, what the coach is up to, and dicussing these topics with others that have similar interest.

I have found that for MY purposes Hotrod's Board is closer to what I want at the minute as Nick's board was last year and at times this year. Who knows I could be back.

If you filled a room with people they would group into groups of people with similar interests. Over time interests can change hence groups change.

There I've said my bit.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 1:23 pm

Hmmmmm, I have to agree with both sides on this. Firstly I must admit I am a relatively new person on this board, seeing as though I only became a member at the start of last year but to be honest I didn't notice a huge amount of difference.

The word here is "tolerence", some people just don't want to tolerate people for who they are and their opinions, and the new additions to the BB, such as the new members or the new forums. This decision is upto the person themselves and no one else. Myself I have found this board to be quite amuzing at times and find the difference in opinion great and varied, which should be valued.

By the way this post is coming from one of those so called "youngsters".

Dino, I must admit, I am like that to sometimes (in not wanting to post on some bbs for a while). I don't know why it is but sometimes you feel a need to change ot just sit it out because you get sick of the same processes, there is nothing wrong with that.

Lastly lets all forget our petty differences and get along. Its true that what Annabelle said may have upset some people but lets all get over it.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 1:24 pm

Who agees?
paul 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 1:39 pm

I guess I'm one of the "old brigade of bullshit artists" who hasn't posted as much as I used to. Perhaps its because the people who I enjoyed stirring up (and vice versa) have stopped posting here as much also - the likes of Newelly, Foxy, Sereda, PNS etc.

It is not a lack of support for the board or those who post on it, but more a preference for a different type of discussion and humour. I have met Hotty and spoken with Mike. They both have great respect for what each other does in giving we supporters forums to express our thoughts, dreams, despair, frustrations and elations. We should all thank them the time and money they put into it.

If someone thinks that calling somebody esle a dickhead or ****wit constitutes intelligent and informed debate they have the freedom to post. That's great for them. If, like me, you have a different philospher you may hold back your opinions and just enjoy reading the witty and intelligent posts and ignoring the abusive ones. I think most supporters read both boards but fill more comfortable posting on only one. Like I said before, thanks to Mike, Nick and Hotty.

Mike, I promise not to be this serious again - unless you call me a dickhead.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 1:40 pm

Good post Paul!
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 1:56 pm

Paul, accusing you of being serious would be somewhat pot and kettlish, don't you reckon?
Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 2:36 pm

u tell em CQ - FU@K YOUZ ALL! Why does everyone have to get so shitty and serious god youz r spewin already and youz havent even read Footy Sluts yet hehehe! We got some serious points here about trades etc then we got other not so seriuos stuff like our rubbish on chicks channel, footy sluts etc so wots the real problem? U like the other site then fu@ken well stay there coz this one RULZ!!!

by the way open ya minds a bit coz sometimes it good to have a little bit of serious stuff mixed with a bit of mucking round and a bit from old farts mixed with the opinions of us young crazy ones, a chicks point of view and a guys point of view etc etc othwerwise it would all get BORING!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 4:55 pm

by the way guys i have to ask, who is this annabelle anyway sounds like a bloody transvestite to me!?!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

Broadie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:00 am

Paul & Joel: agree with most points you make.

Spidergirl: agree with SOME of what you say.

Having been a visitor / contributor since 98 I've also notcied changes here. There's certainly a lot more light-heartedness, which I don't think is a bad thing at all.

I have said before that I think there's too much personal insulting going on, so I won't say anything much about that.

While there has been less of the earnest & serious debate, it hasn't disappeared. IN fact, a lot of that serious football debate is stil here, just masked by more humour than it used to be.

Change happens.

If you don't like it, then do something about it.

Failing that, move with it or move on.

PS: is this all the real reason why Foxy, Newelly, etc disappeared? I just thought Foxy's disappearance equated with Wozza's improvement, hence strengthening the rumour that one was the other and vice-versa.
paul 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 1:04 pm

I believe that Foxy's silence can also be attributed to my threat to put an incriminating picture of him on the net.

And no, it's not the one of Wazza, he and the gerbel - everyone has seen that.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:30 pm

i got word of this thread from Broadie on hotty's board. i have to say i haven't actually visited here for about a month. i had a bit of a posting spree back in mid-'99, when i first discovered this board, and became totally addicted to it. it was a great outlet for someone like me, who has no relatives or friends who barrack for collingood (except for paul visiting me behind the bench on gamedays). i still think nick's board is far superior in terms of layout than hotty's...but i guess i've been a bit distracted by a lot of work issues to keep tabs on both boards.

think of the issue in the theoretical sense (sorry but i'm studying a lot this stuff right now). our culture exists because of binarisms, because of oppositions, between male/female, right/wrong, and all those other things. as much as the 'old' posters like to canonise themselves, and regard their own postings as sensible gospel, we should acknowledge the fact that the 'old' posters wouldn't exist unless the new guys were around.

as for that photo of me and the gerbel - i deny everything! but it felt damn good at the time!!

by the way....THIS IS MY 300TH MESSAGE!!! YEAHHHHH!!! GROUND INVASION!
magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:42 pm

"binarisms" Hmmmm... St. Kilda 1 Collingwood 0

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 4:53 pm

newelly hasn't disappeared.
Nick 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 5:00 pm

I reckon Newelly's our oldest (not oldest ...longest lasting) member.

He and I used to email each other from time to time before the first bulletin board in 1997... and he's still around. I reckon he's survived more changes than anybody.

His web page - Swoop - was like a cross between Extreme Black n White and the Collingwood Rant (he used to do all his own ranting) - one of the originals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: