Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

annabelle was right - sadly

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pie no sauce 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2000 9:57 am
Post subject: annabelle was right - sadlyReply with quote

to think that this board was coined "the Age" in comparison to Hotty's site being "the Truth",,, it just goes to show how things change hey...

the drivvle you youngsters come out with is pretty dismal,,, and boring.

I feel sorry for Mike n Nick, they must be wondering if their hard earned bucks are worth throwing at support for this inane chatter.

I notice a lot of the regulars have drifted due to the constant barrage of mindless twaddle which results from increasing post stats.

Wake me up when next season starts and I'll either apologise or switch channels.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 7:24 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Now come on, Pie No Sauce, that's just not fair.

Some of us 'older' posters can spin just as much crap as any youngster. Just go back through my posts & Alf's & Joffa's & .....(Hey, have I offended Alf & Joffa now? let's hear it guys - none of this ageism about only the youngsters spinning drivel).

Back in my day, well it wasn't really a day, it was just a sequence of sun goes up - sun goes down and we sorta wandered around, though lsometimes we'd wander in square, and yet other times we knew exatly where we were going so I guess we weren/t wandering at all, but does anyone really know WHERE they are going or just following the general pattern of not wanting to stand still for too long, though you get to see some good sunsets & sunrises by just stanmding still, mind you the old legs tend to cramp up a bit after too many days of doing that, but back in my day, well it wasn't really a day, it was just....
Millane42 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 7:28 am

Hey pies with no sauce - it is called a forum so evryone can have their say - young or old it doesn't matter. one thing is though we all are collingwood supporters - so you obviously think that we are all talking crap. then **** off then - and everyone can have a say and be entitled to it whether we disagree with that person or agree with them and dickheads like you don't interrupt.
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2000 7:54 am

Yes, Broadie, I accept the general drift of what you're saying. But, as an educated man I know that the sun doesn't really come up. It only appears to do so as a result of the earth's rotation. Which brings us back to the simple relativity of all human existence. It is within this parameter that all joy, and indeed all sorrows, lie. For who can say "we lost" except in relation to those who can say "we won". Or to use layperson's terms that even the drivel-minded youth of this Bulletin board would understand, a score of 4 goals 12 behinds is only a poor score if one's opponent has scored more than 4 goals 12 behinds. Relativity, my friends.

And so we, who knew better days, who were there when Coventry kicked that magical 1,299th goal, who listen to Jock McHale's pre-game addresses, who put out our hand for a five pound note from John Wren in return for warning him when the troopers were about to raid his tote, we who remember the halcyon days of this once-great football club can only feel contempt when a new generation of merchandise-clad, media-fed, young hoons attempt to enlighten us with their supreme arrogance and ignorance.

Ah, yes, Broadie. And Pie No Sauce. It makes me proud to be a boring old bastard. May no trivia ever be uttered from these well-aged lips. You will not find great minds of my vintage obsessing over the who "rocks" and who doesn't, or who "rulz" and who doesn't, or who "kicks ass" and who doesn't.

I'm so proud to be a man of many years, few words and no bullshit.

------------------
**floreat pica**

Spidergirl 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 3:03 am

Well Alf we still luv ya!
Yeah of course there is a lot of crap on here thats why its kewl! This is the internet we get enough serious shit in the real world.

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!

joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 3:10 am

hmm

magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 6:08 am

Pie No Sauce,
Why don't you post an intelligent subject and maybe some of us will join you. Or would you just like to read the banter and criticise?
Looking forward to some exciting conversation.

Dino 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 6:58 am

This is purely an observation and is not meant as critism for anybody. Particularly Mike and Nick.

But I for one while looking for an insight into what's going on ie "who's being traded etc" I have over time drifted from starting with the forum to starting and concentrating mostly on Hotrod's board.

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 7:43 am

I feel an editorial coming on.

I think Annabelle did us a huge favour by raising this topic initially (on Hotrod's bb) and Pie no sauce has given us the opportunity to address it.

Those of you who read the thread on Hotrod's board will know that Nick was upset by Annabelle's remarks about the people who use this bb and he responded angrily. I think that it was the implied 'put-down' of this board and the people who use it that made him so angry and also, the implication that there was some sort of rivalry between the two boards.

A bit of background. For those of you who didn't understand PNS's remark about The Age and The Truth. Up until last season this board was one of great and serious gravity, while Hotrod took a more light-hearted approach - hence 'The Age' and 'The Truth'. That was fine, the two boards were complementary and there was something for everyone.

All that changed with the arrival of the unofficial cheer squad. The entire tone of the Bulletin Board changed almost overnight and took a lot of us by surprise. It was almost like going out for the night and coming home to find that someone had completely redecorated the house - and had redecorated it to suit themselves. It took a bit of getting used to and I had to remind both myself and Nick that such was the way of a public bulletin board. The board is only a reflection of the people who use it and if it isn't allowed to go with the flow and evolve then it isn't serving its purpose. Sure we could direct the flow and the tone of the board - remember we have power of veto, but we would only be imposing our tastes and personalities on the whole and stultifying (word?) the board.

The issue really is, as Dino has pointed out, that the Bulletin Board has changed this year, and that doesn't suit everybody. So people have drifted away from here to Hotrod's board or have disappeared altogether.

Perhaps we all need to challenge our comfort zones from time, especially those of us who are ageing into comfortable inertia. I miss the old board and I miss the old people, but I think the new people this year have done us a favour in pushing us along. We have all seen the damage that the imposition of the will of a few did to the Club, hanging on to power, holding it in the past and reflecting on old glories. The Club had to move forward to survive - so do we. We lost old, comfortable and familiar names, but the bb is bigger and busier than it ever has been before. If popularity is a gauge, then we're doing it right.

Hotrod's bb is Hotrod's bb and Nick's is Nick's. The two are very different, but are still complementary. They both belong to the CFCSC and they work in harmony. There is no, and never has been, any competition between them except in the minds of a few.
magpie_russ 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 8:38 am

I have only recently joined this forum. And not until today did I find a subject that went beyond the norm. I am glad to have the 'thinkers' out there posting subjects that provoke thought but, not all 'thinkers' are old. The moment I think I cannot learn from others, no matter how old, is the moment I have turned into a idiot.
And Alf if you equate intelligence with an education you need to have a good hard look.
If anyone wants to lift the tone of conversation post a subject that you think is worthy. Surely there is room for banter and thought.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 10:31 am

you're a dickhead pie no sauce.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 10:36 am

Thanks for that demonstration of tolerance CQ.

Let me get this straight. Is Pie no sauce a dickhead because he doesn't like what people say on the bulletin board?

...or is he a dickhead because he says so?

You could think about both of those questions.
*miss_magpie* Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 10:51 am

"the drivvle you youngsters come out with is pretty dismal,,, and boring"
who exactly are 'you youngsters' is that referring to anyone in particular or just generally the people on the board??
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 10:58 am

well maybe i should change it to hypocrite, he says that what we say is drivel, if that is drivel then what the f*ck do u call what he says???
joffa#2001 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2000 11:05 am

now im confused !!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: